Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

site doesn't accept my credit card

Solved!

site doesn't accept my credit card

Not thinking anyone will have a solution but I'm hoping customer support will see this. The site and app both won't accept my credit card. Tells me my bank is having a bad day. I really wanna give you guys my money.... help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

email support@spotify.com. they were pretty quick to respond and get my account back up and working, even though long term they didn't solve the problem.

View solution in original post

21 Replies

Hi,

does the msg really say the bank's having a bad day, or is there a more helpful msg?

It really says "bad day". I read other people saying the same message comes up but no solutions.

sounds strange, tbh

I'll escalate this, but you should also contact support (1) please:

Tell them also the bank name and such... (2)

They usually reply within 1-2 days.

You'll get an automated reply email, on which you need to reply back.

(1) https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

(2) don't post such stuff in a public place, please

This is not a new issue, just so you know.  I have been getting that message for the past month almost.  Spotify is "working" on it, but so far most of their solutions have yet to work.  Let them know, they will make some suggestions - but as of yet they do not work.  

Some people have signed up with Paypal and that seemed to work - but that wasn't really a solution, just a work around. 

I'm having the same problem and have already submitted a ticket.  First, I received an email from Spotify yesterday saying they couldn't charge my account, so they cancelled it.  When I logged into the site to re-start my premium subscription I received the same response as Jimandrews89.

• Oops, seems your card or payment provider is having a bad day. Don't worry, no money has been charged. Try again or use another payment method.

I have contacted my credit card provider and they aren't declining the charge.  Given that this is happening to others, it sounds like a Spotify issue.  As the other user stated, I'd really like to give you my money so I can listen to whatever I want and get rid of these stupid ads.  

I'll add that my case number is: Case #: 02778444

Hey jimandrews89 and dskirsa,

Welcome to the Community!

Our supoprt team is already on the case and they'll get back to you via email as soon as possible. Please bear with us.

Let us know how you get on!

Support suggested trying to sign up via an icognito window.  Much as I hoped this would work, it did not.  I also tried closing the SpotifyWebHelper process that runs in the background of my windows computer and opens on start up. Still no luck. 

Here's hoping that it gets solved soon.  It was frustrating to listen to music via mobile yesterday and I'm getting ready to embark on some travel.  It's nice that at least I know that Spotify is aware of my issues now. 

Yeah aware but still impotent. The issue's been unfixed for over half a year at least. I would use PayPal but PayPal is just as bad at accepting credit cards that aren't connected to one of their "official" banks. So I'm SoL. Plus seeing as the common theory is that spiritual is refusing anything but PayPal on purpose so they don't have to pay card fees just leads me to finding a better service.

Having the same problem (and receiving the same slightly-humorous / slightly-not-helpful message). Just "bumping" the thread hoping there is answer for me.

Also, I noticed this error message after my subscription was cancelled out of nowhere about 20 minutes ago. I logged into my account to re-upgrade. Not sure if this is related, but this is the first time I've seen the new web-based account dashboard. Maybe the issues are related to the upgrade? Speculating here ...

I received the same response.  After having been on premium for a year, i got an email saying they coudn't charge my account and the website will not let me pay by card.

I just got bumped off my account this week. Got the same silly message that my bank is having a bad day. I called them and they're having a fine day. It's spotify that is having a bad day. The only theory I have is that my card got updated with a new EMV chip around the time Spotify stopped accepting my card. The weird part is, I tried my debit card and it was declined as well. I'm with you guys. I'm trying to give Spotify my money and they will not accept it. I'm forced to shop around now because I have yet to hear back from customer service.

^ Same story as everyone else.  Customer service responded promptly with suggestions, but nothing has worked, including trying other payment methods, different browsers, etc.  I seem to recall hearing on Bloomberg recently that Spotify's earnings didn't make analysts' estimates due to the new credit card requirements (chips) being sent to customers with new expiration dates, and as a result credit cards were being declined.  I am not such a case and tried multiple payment methods, but not PayPal - not a fan, personally, (how many middle-men are needed for me to give my money to a company?).  

I was intrigued by the conspiracy theory someone posted about Spotify rejecting credit cards to try to funnel customers into using PayPal... 

Spotify did respond to me quickly fortunately. The couldnt' resolve the problem though. They gave me one month free and basically told me to try again next month when it happens again. I appreciate the free month but am not pleased that we didn't solve the problem. We shall see. Apparently the problem has something to do with needing to reset my financial info. Not positive though.

same problem as everyone else...

Same problem here.  Been using the same credit card for 3 or 4 months and now it won't accept the payment.  This card does have a chip, but it has been charged successfully for at least a few months.  Very strange.  I'm quickly getting tired of the annoying adds.

I'm having the same problem. Just started today with a message saying they had to cancel my subscription. Tried re-entering my current card (which shouldn't have any problem and has a chip), got the same message about bank having a bad day. I tried another card and PayPal and keep getting the same message. I like listening to music while working, and the ads are really annoying interruptions! Thanks for any help. 

Marked as solution

email support@spotify.com. they were pretty quick to respond and get my account back up and working, even though long term they didn't solve the problem.

Thanks! They got back to me within a few hours. I guess I'm on track to solve it. 

Suggested posts