Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify has deleted my playlists

Solved!

spotify has deleted my playlists

Hello,

I had several playlists saved in my account - each were with ideas for wedding music, and have just gone into my account and found they've gone! I haven't changed anything and noone else would have access to my account - the only difference I can see is that my account has somehow synced up with facebook (I can see my profile picture in tne corner) without me wanting it to.

I'd be really grateful if you could help me get these playlists back!

Thanks

Emma

150 Replies

I am a premium member of Spotify. I used to loggin to Spotify with my Facebook-account. I was using spotify on my Mac as also on my Iphone (one account/ synchronized). I wanted to remove 'Recent popular music' of Spotify on my Facebook page. So I disconnected my Spotify from my Facebook. By doing that I think I accidentely disconnected Spotify totally and as a result can not login anymore to my orginal account. 

I got several times a 404 error while attempting to log in again via my Facebook account. I deleted and reinstalled Spotify on my mac as also on my iphone.

After the reinstallation the 404 error disappeared but by logging in again via my Facebook account, Spotify created a new account attached to my Facebook. This means that I don't have any acces anymore to all my playlists and my premium account (which was previously connected to my Facebook page)

By searching some friends that were following me on Spotify, I noticed that my old account still exists.

Is there a way to get my acces again to my old acount (116914798) ? I also don't want to lose my followers.

Is this a difficult fix?

I really bothers me that this happened. I am a premium member for a long time and my Spotify account is really important to me.

Hopefully this could be fixed. 

Thank you.

All my playlist are gone I'm still paying for my account but I can't find my actual account with my playlist, I always use to sign in with my email not a username. I signed up with spotify through gmail, but I just can't seem to fix it.

@volcombystone2 

Read this post for troubleshooting steps and how to contact support if the steps don't work

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Please-read-Missing-playlists-Premi...

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello

i have spotify installed on my PC and it was working fine. i then bought myself a macbook laptop and installed spotify on there. Ever since i did this, my main playlist has been removed from my Spotify account.

Any help on why would be much appreciated. 

HI folks, I am experiencing the same problem....I've recently updated the spotify SW on my laptop and my playlists disappeared. I never created two accounts. Premium subscriber.

I was listenting to one of my playlists for not more than an hour ago on my iphone, like i always do.
All of a sudden i couldn't add songs to that playlists anymore, but i could still listen to the playlist.

Now the playlist is all gone, on the phone and on my computer! I have no idea why that happend...

I haven't done anything to that playlist other than making it availble offline!
And it's to many songs on that list to make a new one, so it's kinda sad that this happend.

Spotify help!

Please help! I am on spotify premium and I was adding songs to my playlist and suddenly all of my songs from that playlist got wiped and now it only has 2 songs. I would really appreciate if I could get it back 😞

Hey @Tabithariice

Are you using the desktop app? If so go to Edit -- UNDO  in the menu bar to undo the changes.

If that does not work,

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yeah I don't have a Facebook and it did the same thing to me this morning. I've been collecting songs for playlists for about a year. This isnanreal bummer. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Please help. I always have my spotify account open, and when i opened my laptop again, it said i had to reload. This is not a problem and happens all the time. Yet when I reloaded, all of my playlists were gone, and my starred folder was empty. I've logged in and out countless times(i dont use facebook) and relaoded countless times. But no use. They were still gone. I've  been on Google searching how to get them back, but nothing has worked. It would really help me out if someone could help me get these back.

Thanks~ 

Spotify has also deleted all of my saved playlists and replaced them with a bunch of playlists I have never seen before. Please help. My Spotify username is buzzz5

My favorite playlist called ¨highway¨ got deleted yesterday and I´m not sure how but I want it back

hi there - had to reinstall the app, and now only 20 out of 67 songs are shown in my playlist... please help! thanks!

Hello,

I had several playlists, and I was suddenly logged out, when I tried to log back in both through Facebook and through Spotify, all my playlist were deleted 😢Please help!

Spotify app logged me out.  Logged back in - all playlists gone again.  I had a previous account with the same problems.  Tried logging into that one - nothing.

What is the point of Spotify is this is such a regular occurence - certainly not encouraging me to go Premium.

Mike

I have the same problem. All my playlist have been deleted. I have spotify premium and as far as I know, my bills have been payed (I pay through my phone company). It is quite annoying, I really need my music back!
-vic91

My mum accidentally used my Spotify and added her own playlist. When I went on the next day, one of my playlists had been completely deleted. I have 20 playlists and I was wondering if there's a limit. I use Spotify premium. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi there

I'm having similar problems but any fixes suggested here haven't work.

Recently my Spotify has been logging me out for no reason then I have to reset my password. Anyway, yesterday I went to use it and all my saved songs were replaced with random music I've never listened to? But worst of all, my huge party playlist was deleted from my account, yet the weird thing was that I found it when I searched it still in my account's name?? I'm fairly certain this isn't a duplicate account problem as I can't find where I would have made one. My username is gavinlundy1.

All my playlists allways keep removing.... I have to restore them back from webpage every 2-3 days.... 

So annoying -,- 

I found my solution by logging onto spotify on the website and renewing my playlist

Suggested posts