Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

30 day free trial won't work.

30 day free trial won't work.

I just signed up for the Spotify 30 day free trial. I entered a payment method, got a receipt, and my account said I received the premium upgrade. But when I try to play the music on my android device, it continues try I tell me I need a premium upgrade to play the tracks. Why won't this work?
7 Replies

I've had the exact same happen to me! :s

Same issue for me :-(.

30 day free trial went through fine. Spotify webpage shows I'm a premium subscriber. But Spotify app on my machine does not recognize me as a premium subscriber. Still shows 'Upgrade' message and when I try to make a playlist 'Offline' it does not allow me.

Same here, I hope they can get this fixed soon or tell us how to fix it soon. 

Lol I am failing in grammar up there. No more Swype.

Have you logged in the Android App with the same credentials you saw the premium subscription active @ www.spotify.com ?

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

I had the same problem.  I signed up for the 30 day free trial 3 days ago.  I started getting messages that Spotify was unable to charge me for the premium service (according to the page that opened when I signed up they weren't supposed to charge me until 10/04) and today they downgraded me from premium to free--so my 30 day free trial didn't even last for 4 days.  Every time I try to contact Spotify customer service I get an e-mail that suggests nobody reads any of the messages that I'm sending and that I'm supposed to somehow find my answer here.  This is really appalling.  I was enjoying the service but if this is how they treat customers they won't be getting any money from me.

wow, good to know, I have this issue and it's bugging the hell out of me.... now I may just end my trial and not give my money to spotify.

Suggested posts