Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android 4.4] Spotify doesnt load images

Solved!

[Android 4.4] Spotify doesnt load images

Hey guys,
I have a problem. My spotify doesnt load any images anymore. No single covers, not in 'Discover', nowhere...

What to do? Im using the nexus 5 with android 4.4, wifi and 3g connections are ok.

Thanks

EDIT: I just changed the Subject to make it stand out 🙂

--

Edit by Per, to link to latest update from Spotify.

2013-11-27 update by Per.

2013-11-28 update by Per:

Thanks for your feedback, everyone. As this is resolved, I'm locking this thread.

Some users were reporting issues with lockscreen controls on KitKat (4.4). If you want to weigh in on that issue, please do so in this thread.

197 Replies

Same problem here on my nexus 4. Got the android 4.4 update yesterday and now the spotify app doesn't show any images. Not even my facebook picture.

I just think this kind of service is unacceptable.
If Spotify developers can't fix this issue in almost a month I would say you need to start looking for new developers now and lose the current ones!
All other music apps that I have on my Nexus 5 have working album covers, but it looks like there is just 0 priority to android. "As long as our iOS app is working" is what it feels like at the moment. Not to mention the 0.7.3 update that still isn't available for everyone. Just ridiculous service for the price that we pay.

or and this update?

Same Problem here. No album cover and next and back buttons disappear on lock screen. Nexus 4 with KitKat. 

Well its not fun to use Spotify anymore this is definitely not a premium experience. 4 weeks by now and I could't use Spotify on my Nexus device. 1 month wasted fee. When is going to be fixed or else soon I will quit my subscription.

Why is this marked as solved at the beginning of the thread?

I "unsolved" it for you 🙂

@keepthesecret wrote:

Why is this marked as solved at the beginning of the thread?

Having the same problem here.

Just switched to the nexus 5 from the iphone ; album art doesnt load and Back/forward buttons dissappear at lock screen.

Reloaded the app thrice to date.

This is unacceptable for a company valued at 4 Billion and the amount I pay each month to get the premium service.

Sashi see you in Google Music!

BTW, same problem here. Nexus 5 Kitkat 4.4 ;( ;( 

It's getting ridiculous. First I was waiting half a year for such hard thing to develop which is screen rotation. Now after update to 4.4 there are no album art or any pictures whatsoever. Either on Nexus 4 or Nexus 7. Looking back at the speed of fixing issues it might be another half year. So I'm switching to google music if this won't be fixed by December.

Yet again the Android OS is not recieveing the appropriate level of develoment. 

This is surely an easy fix as all the other players on the market work fine.

Goodbye Spotify, hello Google Music.

Hi Dave, our best Android developers are working on it at the moment. We don't have an ETA though, I'm afraid /A

Do you know what the ironic thing is, and shows up how incomptent Spotify as a whole is? 

The Soundrop app for Android shows the album art on KitKat just fine, despite the fact it piggybacks on Spotify as the music player. Soundrop is a FREE APP. Yet their developers can make something that works. Spotify Charges £9.99 PER MONTH (THAT'S £120 PER YEAR), for an app that is simply EMBARRASSING!

Did you read that, Spotify Moderators? EMBARRASSING!

You seriously need to pull your act together!

I never thought I'd be the type of person to stop using a service for something as silly as missing album art, but it really is irritating.

Goodbye Spotify, I've transferred to Google Play Music, as you have failed to recover the missing album art and for some reason revoked the ability to view my collection.

I have the same problem with 4.4 on my nexus 7

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If it would always be easy, would it be fun?

I also have the same problem. I am running KitKat with ART. One good thing is that the Lockscreen widget is working on 4.4

Marked as solution

Hi folks, if you're specifically experiencing the issue that images don't show in Spotify, on a Android device with KitKat (4.4), you can try the attached file.

NB:

• This should be a fix, but use at your own risk. If you'd rather wait for an update in the Play Store, that's your choice
  • It's a test-build that we made just to see if it resolves this issue
  • Please reply to let us know if this is better, or not, and if not, why
  • If the .apk won't install, try removing the existing Spotify version
  • Please don't host this file anywhere else
  • Please try to refrain from sharing this link with the world
  • Credit goes to the fine Android development and QA folks who got this sorted. I'm just the messenger 🙂

File

Since we've rolled out an official, new version I've removed the download from here.

Community Ergo Sum

Images are back! Thank you Per!

Images are working great. 

Thanks a lot for this fix!

Now everyone stop facking whining! And being oh so melodramatic. 

Suggested posts