Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android 5.0 Offline Mode when WiFi is enabled

Solved!

Android 5.0 Offline Mode when WiFi is enabled

Before I explain the problem, I've already cleared the app cache, uninstalled Spotify, and reinstalled, so please don't recommend that again.

I have a Nexus 6 running Lollipop 5.1.1.   Whenever I have WiFi enabled, Spotify immediately goes into Offline mode. My WiFi and internet connection is perfectly fine. I can browse, and use every other app that uses the internet over WiFi just fine. As soon as I switch to cell service Spotify runs fine, but I don't want to run up a bunch of data, so what's going on?  Anyone else experiencing this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This worked for me.

I uninstalled and downloaded a previous patch for spotify. 2.8 which i got from apkmirror.com 
It is slow but it works. 

Lets just hope it is just for now.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thank you Koffmeister. I'll keep you posted. I just downloaded the .apk file and currently uploading it to my phone. I'll keep you posted good sir.

Cheers!

Marked as solution

Hot F@#King darn man, that worked. Thanks. I'll repost this so others can utilize that Spotify 2.8.0.1081 version.  Netgear doesn't have anything to do with what the previous user mentioned.  This older patch works just fine.

I appreciate you sharing this information and getting me back on my feet man.

Cheers!

Marked as solution

Bonzomatic go to http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/spotify-ltd/spotify/spotify-2-8-0-1081-android-apk-download/. Download that to your download folder once you plug you phone into your pc. Then extract and launch install of that .apk. I'm up and running now. Was able to login just fine. I believe it isn't netgear but a **bleep**ed up patch on the newest versions from Spotify. 

That should square you away. Give kudo's to koffmeister please.

Cheers!

Marked as solution

Try downloading apk from this site. http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/spotify-ltd/spotify/spotify-2-8-0-1081-android-apk-download/ - it worked right away for me. I was able to login without a hitch. But first don't forget to uninstall any new version of Spotify first. It's not corrupt if your worried. I downloaded to downloads folder on my S6 Edge without a hitch, installed, logged in a and now i'm up and running.

If this works please give kudo's to Koffmeister please.

Cheers!

Marked as solution

Mate @koffmeister I wish I could kiss you through this screen! I've been dealing with this **bleep**ing problem for like months now and It's cost me a lot of mobile data because I listen to music so much on my phone. After I installed 2.8 I was able to use my android with wifi again. Thanks for sharing. Cheers.

Marked as solution

I had already reached out to customer support and filed the issue with the details and nature of our issue and what our temporary resolution was to get us by.

Marked as solution

Go here http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/spotify-ltd/spotify/spotify-2-8-0-1081-android-apk-download/ uninstall newest version. Install 2.8 .apk from url. Once you're back up do not update. Spotify still hasn't got their **bleep** together. Make sure to turn off auto update. I'm still on 2.8 version running solid. Have no f $&king clue why they can't resolve this for their paying customer. Bet they won't even read this post as well. Cheers...

Marked as solution

Muchas gracias, funcionó para mi too

21 Replies

Same here. Running Android 5.0.2 on HTC One.

After I reinstalled the Spotify app, I managed to log on using cell service and then run a few minutes of music while on Wifi before it stopped and geve me the "offline" message again. I have done all of the above and also changed password (not that it did me any good..).

I also have this exact same issue, I think it may be a link between, Netgear Routers and the Lollipop OS, can you guys confirm if you are using a netgear router?

Hope this is fixed soon, will be unsubscribing from spotify until then

I did switch to a new Netgear router a few months ago. You may be on to something. I'll try swapping out my old router and see if that fixes the problem.

Hello Community,

I keep getting "Spotify is in Offline Mode" on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. I have done everything the FAQ's have suggested within my realm of troubleshooting. 

Removed/Unistalled application from device. Also removed device from my spotify account. Validated my payment type etc. Re-installed then rebooted phone and logged in etc. Nothing works. It's like the push account recognition isn't being validated fromt he server side of Spotify as a legit account. 

spotify please respond to my email and help us out here. I've been a member since 2013 and could use some love here.  The thought of me going back to Pandora makes me want to puke and **bleep** at the same time. 

Regards, 

Deadgar

Screenshot_2015-07-20-11-25-44.png

Marked as solution

This worked for me.

I uninstalled and downloaded a previous patch for spotify. 2.8 which i got from apkmirror.com 
It is slow but it works. 

Lets just hope it is just for now.

Marked as solution

Thank you Koffmeister. I'll keep you posted. I just downloaded the .apk file and currently uploading it to my phone. I'll keep you posted good sir.

Cheers!

Marked as solution

Hot F@#King darn man, that worked. Thanks. I'll repost this so others can utilize that Spotify 2.8.0.1081 version.  Netgear doesn't have anything to do with what the previous user mentioned.  This older patch works just fine.

I appreciate you sharing this information and getting me back on my feet man.

Cheers!

Marked as solution

Bonzomatic go to http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/spotify-ltd/spotify/spotify-2-8-0-1081-android-apk-download/. Download that to your download folder once you plug you phone into your pc. Then extract and launch install of that .apk. I'm up and running now. Was able to login just fine. I believe it isn't netgear but a **bleep**ed up patch on the newest versions from Spotify. 

That should square you away. Give kudo's to koffmeister please.

Cheers!

Marked as solution

Try downloading apk from this site. http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/spotify-ltd/spotify/spotify-2-8-0-1081-android-apk-download/ - it worked right away for me. I was able to login without a hitch. But first don't forget to uninstall any new version of Spotify first. It's not corrupt if your worried. I downloaded to downloads folder on my S6 Edge without a hitch, installed, logged in a and now i'm up and running.

If this works please give kudo's to Koffmeister please.

Cheers!

Thanks everyone. I'll load it now and then try it at home. I'll accept this as a solution if it works.
Marked as solution

Mate @koffmeister I wish I could kiss you through this screen! I've been dealing with this **bleep**ing problem for like months now and It's cost me a lot of mobile data because I listen to music so much on my phone. After I installed 2.8 I was able to use my android with wifi again. Thanks for sharing. Cheers.

Yes, it works! Thanks so much!

Here's the next question. Now that we know it's a problem with the latest version of the app, how do we bring this to the attention of Spotify? Eventually I'd like to do an update to a new version that actually works on my phone.
Marked as solution

I had already reached out to customer support and filed the issue with the details and nature of our issue and what our temporary resolution was to get us by.

Same problem here... Halloooo spotify. A premium account doesn't make any sense if this isn't going to be fixed soon 🙂

HTC One + Android 5.0.2 + latest Spotify version

Unable to connect using wi-fi

Please solve this issues as soon as possible

Marked as solution

Go here http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/spotify-ltd/spotify/spotify-2-8-0-1081-android-apk-download/ uninstall newest version. Install 2.8 .apk from url. Once you're back up do not update. Spotify still hasn't got their **bleep** together. Make sure to turn off auto update. I'm still on 2.8 version running solid. Have no f $&king clue why they can't resolve this for their paying customer. Bet they won't even read this post as well. Cheers...
Marked as solution

Muchas gracias, funcionó para mi too

Suggested posts