Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android App: Transmit Track Info via Bluetooth (A2DP/AVRCP 1.3)

Solved!

Android App: Transmit Track Info via Bluetooth (A2DP/AVRCP 1.3)

So i have Spotify on my AVR, PC, Android Mobile, but not in my car. Not a big problem, just connect the phone via bluetooth.

Works like a charm, the only downside, the Song/Album/Artist information is not transmited when using the spotify android app. A quick test with the default android player shows that this works perfectly. I see song/album/artist on the car display.

So please, add this functionality to the android app. (to spare you the search implement A2DP/AVRCP 1.3 🙂

195 Replies

Why don't you implement the track data thing? Here is the source code: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=36256276#post36256276 How hard can it be???

Come on spotify, this bluetooth metadata omission is getting ridiculous. How many times do we have to beg?

I received what I will call an official reply from Spotify regarding this issue.  Community sourced .apks are an acceptable solution for the Spotify team, and they do not even support bluetooth in general.  I find this completely unacceptable Spotify. While 3rd party solutions are great, they put us outside of the official development cycle, meaning that we also will not get support if something else does not work.  This is such a major issue that requires a minor resolution, you not resolving this issue says a lot.

AVRCP 1.3 was finalized in April 2007.  It has been almost 7 years since this ability became a standard, and people who have been throwing cash at you monthly have been requesting this as a feature for at least 2 years.

I would like an official answer from someone above tier 1 support.  Will this feature ever be added or are we just putting our faith in the wrong media provider at this point?

This is pitiful... I am cancelling my subscription and resorting to other means of listening to my music sinxe spotify clearly does not want to deliver the best experience no matter what device I am use.

New to Spotify, just discovered that it doesn't transmit the song/album/artist text to my car. I'm surprised as well that this hasn't been implemented. Pandora can do this... Does anyone know of the status of this update?

I am also experiencing the same issue. It is really annoying not have the track info available.

Same issue...no track data thru bluetooth. Spotify falls behind competitive apps without this.

Wow, I just canceled my subscruption.  Moving to google play music which supports this.

"If a user is having a problem, it's our problem" --Steve Jobs

NOT working for SONY Z1

This artist and track information also doesnt work for the Sony Z1 with Spotify Andoid app to Alpine UTE-72BT head unit via Bluetooth??

Thought this was to do with the version of Android as the Z1 is at 4.2.2 (soon to updated in December to 4.3)  update to include AVRCP 1.3.

However the artist and track information shows with Sony's Walkman app but not Spotify.

Spotify PLEASE PLEASE fix this or you'll be missing out on the £120 a year. 😐 

I just got my Nexus 5 with android 4.4 and track info via bluetooth WORKS!

here's another fix, until spotify fixes it, that does not require a patched spotify.apk: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=47330636&postcount=260

I have this running on my VZ LG android 4.0.4 and it does work, but only track and artist info, no other data.  This is a partial fix at best.  Spotify needs to fix this for real, we should not have to run patches....

I say again.....SPOTIFY FIX THIS META DATA ISSUE.   If a little patch like this one can do it, why can't you guys.  I should see album art also, that would be very cool, and it is possible over Bluetooth no?  

Thanks u2nelson, now my pebble smartwatch works as intended!

i just canceld my unlimited account.  thanks spotify for pissing on your paying customers..

This seriously makes me want to cancel my Spotify account. It looks like the developers are avoiding implementing this on purpose just to pass people off. There is absolutely no way to justify this. It needs to be fixed right now.

Come on Spotify. Why are we missing basic bluetooth ID3 tag functionality? This delay has become rediculous.

It's so insane that this hasn't been implemented.

Android+Spotify+VolvoV60 = no go on album info

iPhone+Spotify+VolvoV60 = 100%

iPad+Spotify+VolvoV60 = 100%

Android+Samsung stock music player+VolvoV60 = 100%

Are there any plan on integrating support for album/song info via BT in the spotify android app? If so, when?

DrE

You need to fix this issue now dissapointed paying customer

Kjell

Bump. I've been a spotify fan boy for 6 years. I had no issues on ios, but the case is different on Android. I think i am going to vote with my wallet and cancel my membership till this issue gets resolved.

Suggested posts