Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android App: Transmit Track Info via Bluetooth (A2DP/AVRCP 1.3)

Solved!

Android App: Transmit Track Info via Bluetooth (A2DP/AVRCP 1.3)

So i have Spotify on my AVR, PC, Android Mobile, but not in my car. Not a big problem, just connect the phone via bluetooth.

Works like a charm, the only downside, the Song/Album/Artist information is not transmited when using the spotify android app. A quick test with the default android player shows that this works perfectly. I see song/album/artist on the car display.

So please, add this functionality to the android app. (to spare you the search implement A2DP/AVRCP 1.3 🙂

195 Replies

i have similar issue - NOT IN CAR - but BLUETOOTH HEADPHONES (Beats Powerbetas2)

i have no track control in Spotify using BT device

- play / pause / skip track button doesnt do anything in SPOTIFY

- play / pause / skip track button works fine in stock OS music player app

HUAWEI Y550 + Powerbeats2 BT headphones

i use Spotify for just few weeks (current version 3.9.0.965) so i cant say if track control worked in previous versions

I DIDNT USE SPOTIFY IN CAR, BUT I BELIEVE MY PROBLEM WAS ODDLY RELATED TO BT INCOMPATIBILITIES IN SPOTIFY

I FIXED MY PROBLEM WITH NO TRACK CONTROL (PAUSE, TRACK SKIP) USING BT HEADPHONES !!!

SEEMS LIKE BUG IN LATEST VERSION OF SPOTIFY !!!

DELETING CURRENT VERSION 3.9.0.965 AND INSTALLING >>OLD<< VERSION 3.4.0.762

TRACK CONTROL WORKS !!!

FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS HERE: Post - Here is how to get the old app back

NOW I CAN PAUSE, SKIP TRACK USING BT HEADPHONES !!!

SPOTIFY 3.4.0.762, HUAWEI Y550, Powerbeats2 HEADPHONES

Hello,

does Spotify read this messages? Because the issue seems to be still there in the latest update of 10 November. I still use the older version, 3.4.0.762, because that version dont have the issue. But the latest update includes also support of Chromecast, which is very usefull to me. It would be nice if Spotify can do some tests with Huawei devices!

Thanks.

Hello everyone,

I installed Version 4.4.0.1008 from the appstore after I have done a factory reset on my Huawei P6 and....

...it works since then.

It also works on my cheap chinese Kingzone K2 Smartphone (Android 5.1) and with my Tablets...

Maybe Spotify fixed something without any notice?

Any other experiences?

B.

Just did the Google play update for the Android app and this is the main fix on the update. My details are listed just fine now and looks great in my 2015 Accord dash monitor!

I have a the same problem in my elantra. If I start streaming music using the media button, I don't get track name update until I unlock my phone and start the app. Then the track is updated.

Not sure if this relates to my issue, but I'm finding when i play spotify in my car via Bluetooth, the songs stop playing intermittently, they skip as if playing an album, or songs will play real fast. How do I fix this?

Melanie

Hello Melanie,

since a couple of days I have the same problem SOMETIMES.

When I restart my smartphone it works until the bluetooth connection disconnects.

B.

Hi folks,

I have kind of an odd problem on my OnePlus 3T (latest OxygenOS 4.0.2) connected to the "Swing" multi-media system of my 2013 Skoda Octavia.

First of all, what's working: Connecting my phone to the bluetooth radio works without any problems. I see all my contacts, calls via hands-free work fine. Streaming music, skipping titles and play/pause also works like it's supposed to.

My problem is, that when I stream music via Spotify (current V. 7.5.0.1076 armV7), it does not show any media information on my radio's display. It shows the length of the titles correctly, I have a progress bar that's working fine, but instead of the info about Artist, Title and Album I only get to see "No information available"

What's especially odd about it:
- on my old Honor 7, everything worked fine on the same radio. It showed the media information from the internal Music app, from Spotify and even from YouTube

- on my Oneplus 3T with the same setup, title information is shown when I stream music via the stock Music app

- on my colleague's (pretty cheap) JVC car radio, title information shows up correctly when I stream music from my Oneplus 3T on Spotify

I've already tried the following:
- disconnect phone from radio, delete device information on both sides, reconnect
- several helper apps like Fixify, Autoaudio, Bluetooth Connect

- grant all kinds of system rights to Spotify 

I really don't have a clue where to look anymore right now, especially since everything kind of used to work in a different setup.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Hendrik

i have the same problem on my kenwood system. Did you find a fix?

How does this work? Whrer to download?

Nope, no luck yet.

I also posted the issue in OnePlus's forums and on a German Android help site, but nobody responded there, either.

I doubt anybody is going to come up with a fix for this.

Echt zum kotzen.. und dafür gibt man Geld aus..

Fixed?

I'm using the Spotify desktop app in Windows 10.

It's also doesn't send track info via bluetooth to home theater nor wireles speakers. The rest of the players are send it...

Please deal with this; it's really frustrating.

Marked as solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your comments. We’re archiving this old thread to avoid future confusion. 

If you experience any Bluetooth issues on Android, feel free to make a new post in our Android board.

Suggested posts