Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android phone not showing up under Devices on spotify PC despite being connected to the same wifi

Android phone not showing up under Devices on spotify PC despite being connected to the same wifi

Android phone not showing up under Devices on spotify PC despite being connected to the same wifi.   

The only reply i got from support was to connect my pc to the wifi wirelessly. Now that is impossible. I am on a desktop and the only way to connect is through wire.  I just bought premium ... for nothing?  unable to sync my files.  Will claim refund unless solved. 

2 Replies

Hi there,

Yes, Support's answer is incorrect - your PC does not need to be on wifi, just on the same network as the wifi for the phone.

Unless you want to sync local MP3s though you don't need to do it from the PC - just choose the download option on the phone itself and it will get the data via your wifi network.

If you do want to sync MP3s from the PC though then doing it the way you are try is the only way - try logging off and back on on both the phone and the PC and see if that helps

Dave

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Suggested posts