Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App won't open

Solved!

App won't open

Hello there, my spotify app will not let me open it. It tells me app not responding and I report it but nothing is being done to be fixed. I don't know if it's my phone or just the app. It was working perfectly fine in the beginning go the year now it's not. I'm getting tired of paying for the app if I can't even listen to it. Please help me fix this 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I just did a software update on my s5 as per another help forum and it fixed my spotify app issue. Go into settings and look for 'about device' then download the update. Hope this helps as spotify are taking there time picking up on this. Kirsten

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

two different options. as mentioned above, try a manual update of the android os:

-settings

-about device

-system update

if that doesn't help, this should be a link to download the old android version of spotify. uninstall spotify, then donload this one. 

https://d1clcicqv97n4s.cloudfront.net/android/s5/SpotifyAndroid.apk

let me know if this works!

Marked as solution

Thanks squidthekid42, im up and running again. Had forgotten I'd disabled the android updates (last one gave me a whole load of problems). Updated the software and reinstalled spotify and voila! Cheers

20 Replies

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

I would suggest you to reinstall Spotify on your Android device.

To reinstall Spotify on Android, please follow all the steps correctly as given in this topic.

Please let me know if Spotify still doesn't open after reinstallation.

Hi, I'm having the same issue. Spotify has just suddenly stoped working, when i try to open the app i get a black screen for a few seconds and then it closes. I've tried clearing the cache and data, uninstalling the app and taking out the SD card and still the same issue. I haven't done any updates to my phone in the last 24 hours, its an android (galaxy s5) please help as this is extremely frustrating.

Thanks!

Hi @Kirsten0341 @wreckitbea

Spotify developers are working on it.

Can You all write down Your information so I can help the developers solve this problem:

- Version of Spotify

- Current version of Android

- Brand/Model of device

- Date it started happening

- Country

Thank you!

Bets regards,

Camillo

I'm having the same issue, spotify was working last night, now I open it, I can see the little tab to push for options such as browse and my music then it closes. Tried a clean install , full device boot down the lot. Using a Samsung S5 running a fairly recent OS. Only updated that like a month or two back.

This I on the most up to date version of spotify in the UK also.

I have the same problem. 😞

- Version of Spotify

- Brand/Model of device
Samsung Galaxy S5

07-Oct-15. This is the date when I updated the app

- Country
Costa Rica

It has happened to me too. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app multiple times with the spotify folders deleted before reinstalling, as the guide for android troubleshooting suggested, and rebooting my phone before reinstalling too. Ive also removed the sd and tried the same process with no success. I have spotify premuim. The app seemed to work fine in the opening page until i tried to log in with my facebook account, after that it keeps crashing whenever i open it.

- Version of Spotify

- Brand/Model of device
Samsung Galaxy S5

06-Oct-15 (it was working during the day but at 10pm~ local time the app crashed)

- Country
Colombia

It had the same problem. Tried to uninstall but when I log back the app crashes.

- Version of Spotify

- Brand/Model of device

Samsung Galaxy S5

06-Oct-15 at 7 am (GMT -7)

- Country

Canada

Hello,
Mine does the same. I downloaded newer version yesterday and now cannot do anything.
It just goes black and closes.
I am in UK.
Have tried everything you can think of. Not very happy as paying for the music.
Sophie
Marked as solution

I just did a software update on my s5 as per another help forum and it fixed my spotify app issue. Go into settings and look for 'about device' then download the update. Hope this helps as spotify are taking there time picking up on this. Kirsten

Same here. On galaxy s5 not been working since Tuesday. Black screen then throws me out. Account working on my husbands s5 but he disables updates. Frustrated!
Marked as solution

two different options. as mentioned above, try a manual update of the android os:

-settings

-about device

-system update

if that doesn't help, this should be a link to download the old android version of spotify. uninstall spotify, then donload this one. 

https://d1clcicqv97n4s.cloudfront.net/android/s5/SpotifyAndroid.apk

let me know if this works!

Marked as solution

Thanks squidthekid42, im up and running again. Had forgotten I'd disabled the android updates (last one gave me a whole load of problems). Updated the software and reinstalled spotify and voila! Cheers

I'm having the same problem and it's getting annoying - Version of Spotify

- Brand/Model of device
Samsung Galaxy S5

10-Oct-15

- Country
Honduras

i have the same issue... 

- Version of Spotify: 3.8.0.800

- Current version of Android: Lollipop 5.0

- Brand/Model of device: Samsung Galaxy S5

- Date it started happening: October 5th, 2015

Same issue same device

Version of Spotify: 3.9.0.965

- Brand/Model of device: Samsung Galaxy S5 (G900M)

- Date it started happening: October 14th, 2015

Same issue

Version of Spotify: 3.9.0.965

- Brand/Model of device: Samsung Galaxy S5 (G900F)

I have same issue and app has now corrupted my memory card - may have lost thousands of photos!!

Updated Nov 12-2015
Soptify version : 4.1.0.868
CANADA

Android 4.4.2

Samsung 3gs

Suggested posts