Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Audio Effects on Samsung Galaxy S4

Audio Effects on Samsung Galaxy S4

Hi there - hoping someone can help.

I am using Spotify on my Galaxy S4 and have switched on the Audio Effects which makes a massive different to the sound.

It seems that when I open some other apps, including just switching to a web browser and also sometimes when it just sleeps, the audio effects turn off and the music continues.

This is pretty annoying as I have to then go back to Spotify and turn them back on again and then it may stay on for some time.

Hope someone has a solution.

Thanks

36 Replies

Hi again,

Ive just installed the Equalizer FX app, but there were no instructions to follow when i started it up?

I started playing music inside the eqalizer ap and it sounded absolutely fantastic, but when i started playing in spotify it back to quiet and crappy sound... Am i doing something wrong?

Thanks!

@jon203 wrote:

Hi - I am considering buying the Samsung S4 and was wondering when I download music or save it offline on Spotify - where is the music stored on the phone?

I have heard the software takes up 9/16gb's on the phone and was worried if it only lets spotify save music to the phone then it would become an issue for me.

Also if it does let you store it on the SD card is it easy enough to play it on the phone?

Do it matey 🙂

I can really recommend the phone. You can get a 64GB SD card for £12-£17 on ebay lots of music stored. And the phone is just breathtaking 🙂 Also the battery life is amazing compared to the S3 I had.

I persoally prefer the audio effects off. 

But also make sure the music quality is set to extreme in the settings:)

Hi Sam,

I followed the steps however still faced the same issue. Here's the reproduction details:

When I play a track, the first millisecond has a louder sound and that it becomes a few notches softer. Very irritating because midway the song, the volume becomes louder again therefore its difficult to control.

I followed the troubleshooting steps instructed here http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Android-Troubleshooting-Spotify/td-p/113082 from #1-9 and then #13.
I then tried to play 3 tracks which presented the same problems.

I expected that the volume would be consistent.

My devide is Samsung Galaxy S4 and I have a Premium account.
I still have 4.55gb space on my phone. No SD card mounted.
I didnt install it manually. When I switched from S4 to Note 2, Google stored all my apps and automatically transferred it to my S4.I have the same problem whether on WiFi or 3G. It happens on my S4. My mobile spotify version is 0.7.1.407. Mobile provider is T-Mobile Netherlands but I am subscribed directly to Spotify. I dont have a Facebook login. My username is marcoice. I login via my Spotify details.

Hope you can help! I love using your app but its starting to really annoy me.

I just got the Samsung Galaxy S4 a couple of weeks ago. I had been using the Equalizer app by Smart Android Apps LLC on my previous phone, the HTC Thunderbolt. Now, I can't use it. I disabled the pre installed Music FX app. Now when I try to use the Equalizer app,it either has no effect on the tonality of the music or you don't get any sound at all. What makes this even more frustrating is when I uninstalled the Equalizer app, I turned the Music FX app on and used it as my default Audio Effects app and it only gives me flat sounding music, no matter what music style preset I use!

Please help me figure out how I can fix this. I don't really care which app to use as the default app, I just want one that works!

Just remember, when you set your music quality for downloads to Extreme, it uses much more disk space. I use about half of the disk space by having mine set to Normal.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Stellar and this issue has been consistently happening since I purchased the phone back in 2011.   I've waited to address this issue in hopes that Spotify would address this with future updates, I've been let down many times and have to deal with this annoying aspect of returning to the spotifuggle app to turn back ON audio effects.     If they would spend some time tracing down the issue of why this Disable Event is randomly  happening they could resolve this issue.  I have noticed that it happens regardless of any other app running or incoming texts/messages.  

I don't believe it is the notification event triggering this DEFECT because the state of Audio Effects "OFF" fires randomly regardless if I'm receiving a message or not.   Please do diligence and research why your app is having this problem and propose a solution for your next release.  I am seriously considering looking at other alternatives to SPOTIFY if they are unable to release a reliable product to their customers.

Same problem on Samsung Galaxy Note 3. 

It is incredible, S4 users with the same problem, and spotify do nothing. I am considering to finish my premium account seriously

Just bought galaxy s4 and same problem. There are more streaming services out there now so if Spotify don't fix this soon I see no reason why not to change.
Looks like this problem has been going on for a while now

- The make and model of your phone

Samsung GT-18730

- The version of Android you're running

- The version of Spotify you're using

- If you're using any third party equalizer (MusicFX etc.)

No, only Spotify Audio effects

I have tried all troubleshooting, and still same problem, I have turned off FB and all other notifications but nothing helps.

This has now gone so far that i am considering ending my Spotify-account.

Listening to music in my headphones without Eq is not an option, and it is so annoying when the eq turns off, especially if i am training, it´s very annoying to stop and pick up the phone just to start the Eq again…

It is very difficult to contact Spotify and make a complaint, please help me.

I am very satisfied with Spotify, and i really want to continue to  use it, but if this can´t be fixed i don´t know...

You can get in touch using the online contact form . If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it to speed things along.

I just wanted everyone to know that ever since my Galaxy S4 updated to Kit Kat on Android, my pre-installed SAMSUNG AUDIO EFFECTS have been working. I now use that as my equalizer for Spotify. Admittedly, it did sputter and crackle at first. However, if you give it a minute or two, it should start playing smoothly. You'll be able to hear a noticible difference in sound quality.

Still having the problem.

- Samsung Galaxy S5

- Android 4.4.2

- None

Like the others, my Spotify EQ disables after the phone has been locked for some time (more than a couple of minutes), however, the only way to get the EQ to function normally again is to restart the phone itself. Luckily the S5 boots in about 15 seconds but it's still annoying. 😞

Since latest update to 1.1.1 162 i have not only problem with audio effects turning off, but now i have BIG problem with the volume.

Now when i start a song, the volume is ok for maybe half a second, and then goes to very low. and it randomly turns up and down.

When i goes to setting and starts audio settings, the volume drops emidiatly.

I have tested all recomendations and reinstalld Spotify, deleted folders, and all that.

Do i realy need this problems, maybe Wimp or Deezer works better?

Anyone tryed some other and have recomendations?

I realy like Spotify, but my patience is running low (like the volume)

Android 4.1.2

Samsung Galaxy GT-18730

Spotify 1.1.1. 162

Hi. Having audio effects (this uses the native android equaliser) turned on can reduce the volume, depending on the setting you use. The problem you're hearing is that sometimes, the audio effects kicks in a second or two after a track starts playing so you will notice the drop in volume. Unfortunately, the only solution is to leave audio effects turned off if this is affecting you.

Hi, thanks for the info, but i dont think that this is the same as my problem.

It has worked fine before (exept for audioeffects turning of randomly) , but now the volume drops almost so i have to turn up the volume to max just to hear anything, and then suddenly it "turns on" again and almost blows my eardrums away...

This is a new problem with the latest upgrade, it has worked before.

Suggested posts