Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

BUG: Spotify Connect - Device disappears after 12-24h

Solved!

BUG: Spotify Connect - Device disappears after 12-24h

I have a dedicated Android device running KitKat hooked up to my stereo. This device is running spotify and basically acts as the player. I then use other Android devices to connect to it and play music using Spotify Connect.

This works good for the most part, but almost without fail, 12-24h of idle will cause the player (hooked up to the stereo) to disappear from the list in Spotify Connect on my other devices. The only way to resolve this is to force close Spotify on the player device and launch it again, at which time it immediately appears on my other Android devices.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Spotify Status–Verified account ‏@SpotifyStatus

The earlier Connect issue has been resolved. If you are still experiencing any issues please contact @SpotifyCares.

Spotify twitter page

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Anyone seen this issue?

Not personally. I suggest you contact the hardware manufacturer for support.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I've had this problem too this morning, I connect to my ps4 which it was doing as usual, and now on my M8 version of Spotify the option to connect has complete disappeared.

Same here.The problem is on spotify side. Checked on down detector the uk and parts of europe are worst affected

We're aware of some issues with Connect and are working on a fix. We'll continue providing updates as we receive them.

From spotify twitter

Hola buenas hoy he tenido un problema con el Spotify connect y no me deja poner la música de mi s6 en la ps4 alguien puede darme una solución ?

Buenas: si el problema que tienes es que no te aparece el boton "connect", es un problema general. Justo encima de tu post verás otro puesto por un usuario y sacado del twitter de Spotify en el qe explican que conocen el problema y que están intentando solucionarlo. Habrá que esperar...

Thanks jimlaw, I'm running all the latest updates for Spotify and ps4, and I'm on lollypop, I will keep an eye out for any updates.
Marked as solution

The earlier Connect issue has been resolved. If you are still experiencing any issues please contact @SpotifyCares.

Spotify twitter page

Working perfectly now thanks

My setup is an Android 4.4 box running spotify. I control it through my smartphone. 

Spotify on the box keeps disappearing from the devices list on my phone within a day. The other devices in my lan (a laptop, a Grammofon) always show up. 

So, the connect problem still exists...

BTW, the box is connected via wired lan, no screensavers, spotify on top (not running in background)

A solution would be very welcome 😉

Suggested posts