Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Blank screen on new spotify version

Solved!

Blank screen on new spotify version

I tried the new version of spotify to android 4. It seemed good at first but now i only get a totally blank screen and i can't play any music at all. I have a google nexus. I don't know what the problem is. Any idea??
206 Replies

Hey there and thanks for your question 🙂

Do not worry. I can help you with this issue.

If you see blank page, make sure you have working SD card or card in slot. Also try to remove card from card slot and re-install app, this will install app to builtin memory. If this helps, youre external sdcard isbroken.

Let me know if you have questions.

Greetings,
Jyri

How much free space do you see in settings under internal, USB and SD card?

Hi guys, thanks for the speedy response. I do not have an SD card, but this doesn't seem to have been a problem for the last couple of months, I haven't had this issue before. I have 3.99GB left on my USB storage (of 4.99GB).

Must be really frustrating for you. Please follow the steps outlined in this post and let us know if it makes any difference. Thanks.

The app is completely installed on my phone and it doesnt even work when i try to use it!!!.........

A blank white screen appears when i try using it.....

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times.

The reason i pay 10 bucks a month is so i can use it at the gym and it doesnt even work.  What do i do to make it work all the time like every other app on my phone?...

Spotify Premium running on a DroidX (2.3.4 Android version) 4.5.621.MB810.Verizon.en.US (system version)

Spotify version 0.6.0.17

I too am getting the white screen of death after downloading the new update.  Love the idea of sorting playlists, but usability is non-existant if I can open the app. 

White screens appears and then on occaision the app starts and I can play music. 

If I leave Spotify app to use other function on the phone then return to spotify (to select a different track for example), then I'm confronted with the white sreen of death.  Music will continue to play, but no access to the app is possible.

My current work-around:

1. go to manage apps, select spotify, force stop. (shows that one service is running and one process is running (com.spotify.mobile.android.service 10MB).

2. restart Spotify

This usually works to restart the app and allow control over music playback.

If I leave Spotify again, then the whole workaround must be done again. 

NOT a long term solution - please issue a bug-fix version as soon as possible, otherwise I must choose between using my phone as an MP3 player only, or not use Spotify.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Would you be able to try all of the troubleshooting steps and fill in the template in this post if you are still having issues? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm having the same problem ever since the latest Spotify update!

You've all mention the space on the sd card...I've been using spotify on my first gen. android tab for months and all of a sudden i get the white screen. My tab doesn't have an external sd card...what do I do now??

i've been using spotify premium on my phone for a year, never have i had an issue until the most recent update on 5/7/2013

white screen etc. yeah my sd card has enough space, cause i deleted ALL my other apps, pictures EVERYTHING!

i even uninstalled and reinstalled spotify!

I'm paying premium for what? white screens.

please fix it and don't say SD cards are the issue.

my phone is a Motorola droid 3 and works fine.

android 2.3.4

sorry it's been super frustrating...

Hi guys,

What version of Android are you using? If it's an older version, can you try upgrading?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi guys,

I'm sorry to hear you guys are having trouble. If anyone is having this white/blank screen issue, could you tell us:

- The make and model of your phone
- The version of Android you're using
- The version of Spotify you're running

Thank you for the patience here, everyone.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have no problems with my Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2!

Hold tight, I'm going to merge this with the "blank screen" topic.........

I am having this issue.

-HTC DesireHD

-Android 2.3.5

-Spotify 0.6.0.17

This only started with the most recent patch.

I have found it will work the first time, with the white screen only coming up for a little wile before loading.

Then if i leave it for a while, long enough for spotify to close. The next time i come backto it spotify will freze on the white screen. And continue to do this untill i reboot the phone.

I'm having this issue, too.  My details:

- HTC Incredible 2 (Verizon)

- Android 2.3.4

For me, too, this only started happening with the latest update.

This just started happening to me today after the latest update as well. I am also on HTC Droid Incredible 2 (Android 2.3.4).  Music will still play and I can control it with my inline remote, but I have a white screen.  Tried killing the app, asked if I wanted to force close, hit yes, and music keeps going...

I restarted my phone earlier and that fixed it at the time, but now it has happened again.  FWIW I notice it after playing music and unlocking directly into Spotify (through widget locker), but thats pretty much how I always open it, so hard to say if that's the cause.

Hi

I have the same problem as everybody in this forum. Everything started with the last Spotify update. If I reinstall the app and restart the phone i get to the login page, I have to select all the lists that I want to download. When I do it it starts, but if open another app and back to Spotify I get the blank screen, but in the Android toolbar I can see that it's downloading and the % of songs left. I have more than 9Gb free in a 16Gb sd card.

-HTC Desire S

-Android 2.3.5

-Spotify 0.6.0.17

2013-05-09_23-44-01.jpgAs you can see the notifications screen shows that Spotify is working but I can't access to the app...

I was having the same issue with a Galaxy S Aviator running Android 2.3. stored my music on a 32gb sd card and installed the app to system memory.

Updated to the new version. worked fine for a day or two and just recently started crashing to the white screen when trying to repoen the app. (same issues i see other are having).

What I did:

1. cleared out all cached music, settings, everything.

2. removed application, restarted phone

3. Re-installed app and still had the problem

4. Then i stopped the app and moved it to the SD card via System Tuner app.

It hs been working fine for the past hour so i guess we'll see.

If you have a rooted phone try to move the spotify app to the sd card ... if you have an sd card.

if the app is on system memory and the files are on system memory then I'm not sure.

-Luke

It's looking like only Gingerbread devices are affected but guys, please do let us know what android version you are running (settings/about/android version) when you post. Thanks 🙂

Suggested posts