Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bluetooth + Equalizer not working

Bluetooth + Equalizer not working

I have Motorola Moto X Play with android lollipop.

I can't get any Equalizer app to work properly with Spotify while using my bluetooth headphones. I have tried almost every equlalizer app that are available on Google play store! Most of them do absolutely nothing. Only one app "Equalizer" by "Smart Android Apps LLC" changes the sound. But everytime I skip or pause a track it gets disabled. Also the volume spikes up too on every skip/pause operation.

Of course the native equalizer of the phone is disabled while i'm using other apps.

My Bluetooth headphones are using Apt-x codec.

With wired headphones there are no problems.

I really need to get this problem solved. I wan't to use my headphones with boosted up bass and built in BT media control buttons.

6 Replies

Hi. Verify with another media player app. If you have the same problem, it means that there is something wrong in the combo your phone + the headphones and the Spotify app has nothing to do with it. If it's ok a further investigation should be started. By the way, is your music at the highest quality (extreme)?

One recommendation: do not use equalizer apps. I think the native android equalizer is good enough.

Hi,

Spotify does not have an built-in equilzer equalizer. It only calls the GUI from android. Some manufacturs has been removed the stock equlizer.

On my LG G4, i had found a working one:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.manythingsdev.headphonetools&hl=de

All others not working correctly or only a short time.

You need the buy the premium features to reomve the ads...

"Headphones Equalizer" app by "ManyThingsDev" is quite good. But that didn't solve the problem. In it's settings page there is two options for compatibility fixes. I have tried them both. They helped a bit, but still it gets disabled most of the times when skipping/pausing tracks.

I have found out this issue is not directly related to my bluetooth device and neither Spotify.

This equalizer disables when I'm using Google Play Music too. Even with locally stored mp3 files. And it happens when i'm using wired headphones too.

Androids native equalizer is not good. It has only predefined presets. There is no way to adjust Individual bands. And it works only with wired headphones - completely disabled through bluetooth.

I would need to boost up only the lowest bass slider. Otherwise my BT headphones sound great on flat settings.

This is frustrating. I'll have to seek for a solution elsewhere.

Its a known defect with Spotify. I have used a variety of EQ apps and when I connect via my car's bluetooth the identical thing happens to me: the track changes, the EQ shuts off and the volume gets INSANELY LOUD. I have to constantly turn back on the EQ after each track regardless of what EQ app I use. It's frustrating as hell. All this wonderful technology and something like this is a problem?? Ridiculous.

BTW.. consider subscribing to Slacker Radio. Absolutely no issues in using an equalizer with it. EQ stays on consistently with each song.

It's actually because it's a different output alltogether. The EQ apps will mostly only affect analog sound. I've never seen one that works with bluetooth, pc, android or otherwise. Expensive bluetooth headphones come with their own EQ/app for this reason. If spotify actually had an EQ, it would solve this problem.

Suggested posts