Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Browse Feature stuck loading

Solved!

Browse Feature stuck loading

Hi there!

I'm a Premium user, have the latest version installed on my tablet,  and I've been having this problem the past few days, everytime I try tro browse on a different category, In the Browse feature, it will only load 10 playlists, and stuck there, never loading any more lists. I can filter them, etc...but will always load just 10, and remain loading.

I'd apreciate a solution to this, I find it a very interesting feature!

I tried reinstalling, clearing cache etc... but It doesn't solve the problem.

Thank you very much

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks for reporting this! We've now pushed out the fix and playlists are showing properly again.

Happy browsing, everyone!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Looks like I'm seeing the same behaviour on my device too.

Thanks for bringing this up, I'll let the right people know! 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

its happening to me too on my HTC one

1392749544897[1].jpg

http://postimg.org/image/g026x1box/ here's the problem, sorry

@toyosadare wrote:
http://postimg.org/image/g026x1box/ here's the problem, sorry

Going to merge your post into a similar topic @toyosadare . Spotify are looking into this. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I am having the same issue. Is there a solution yet?

hi

Same issue for me too, any news from you?

thanks

Hi...

I have exactly the same issue.... it started a few days ago. I tried to fix it deleting cache anda data, and uninstalling the app but no luck at all.

Any fix?

Thanks.

Spotify Android v.0.7.6.344

Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505

Hi ive got spotify free on my s4 mini when I go to the browse option it only loads up the first 6 options then when I scroll down I get the little green circle that just constantly rotates why is this problem occurring

@stevehiscott wrote:
Hi ive got spotify free on my s4 mini when I go to the browse option it only loads up the first 6 options then when I scroll down I get the little green circle that just constantly rotates why is this problem occurring

I'm merging your post into a topic about this. Spotify are looking into it. 😉

Peter

Marked as solution

Thanks for reporting this! We've now pushed out the fix and playlists are showing properly again.

Happy browsing, everyone!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I have been having an issue with the "browse" tab showing a continuous loading ring when I pull up Spotify on my desktop. This problem has occured since the first day I purchased my spotify premium (about a month ago) I have been waiting on a solution to this problem but there seems to be none that have arisen yet. I am a little frustrated seeing that I pay for this service that I can't use to its full extent.

Has there been any news of a solution to this?

There are no ongoing issues with Browse on the desktop that I am aware off. Have you tried a clean reinstallation of the app? 

Peter

OS X 10.9.1

Spotiy 0.9.7.16g4b197456

Since 2-3 days my "browse" function on my Mac doesn't work anymore. It is stuck loading. On my iPhone it works fine.

I did the clean App uninstall including cache, restart and everything. downloaded new installer and reinstall but the issue is still there.

Is there any solution yet??

cheers

sascha

@Richard,

I am having since 2-3 days the same issue than reported here initially. So it seems the fix which you have provided above isn't working for me anymore.

OS X 10.9.1

Spotiy 0.9.7.16g4b197456

Since 2-3 days my "browse" function on my Mac doesn't work anymore. It is stuck loading. On my iPhone it works fine.

I did the clean App uninstall including cache, restart and everything. downloaded new installer and reinstall but the issue is still there.

Is there any solution yet??

cheers

sascha

I have been having the same issue. For about a week now. Seems like people have been having this issue since February, and there is still no fix yet? I find this very frustrating, considering I pay monthly, and the browse feature is the real reason for doing so. 

What gives, Spotify? Almost two months and no solution has been provided other than a 'clean uninstall' which I have tried about 5 times now. Seems rather rediculous to me. 

I'm locking this thread as the original issue on android has been resolved. There are currently server issues affecting some people and it looks like staff are posting updates in this thread.

Anyone experiencing other issues with the desktop client should post in the desktop section. Thanks.

Suggested posts