Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can play songs on my computer but not the phone!

Solved!

Can play songs on my computer but not the phone!

Can play  songs on my computer but not the phone  (For exemple JohnLennon's Imagine I have spotify premium and Samsung galaxy S2.

Does anyone know why??

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I am having the same issue. Songs I have local on my PC play fine. When I try to play them on my Android I receive "The track is not available". I have a premium account, I am not a member on Facebook. At one point this worked, seemed to change recently. Possible fixes?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey guys 🙂 

If you have local files you want to sync to your device, then you need to connect your device and your computer to the same WiFi network and log into the Spotify applications using the same details on both. Full instructions on how to do this are located on this help page.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

I have been doing a bunch of reading and investigating, and just found a snippit about turning off your firewall.

Temporarily paused my ESET security firewall and BOOM! WORKING!!!

See if that is affecting your downloading ability on your wifi at home. (I can't even think of downloading at work because of the firewalls), but duh.... i nearly did a *face palm* when I saw that post!

Good luck! 🙂

20 Replies

I am having the same problem.

I synced playlists from my desktop to my HTC Thunderbolt.  Some of the songs in the playlists are not available.

Spotify Mobile App says to add Local Files by making the playlist available offline.  I did that.

Still can't play the song(s), even though the song physically resides on my desktop.

I'm glad I tried out the 30 day trial before purchasing the Premium service.

I found that if I had starred any songs then I had trouble with offline mode - so try unstarring ALL starred songs and sync again and see what happens...Hope it helps...worked for me...Also I assume you synced all the playlists you wantedto listen to for offline mode?? I know this sounds DUMB but I didn't realize I had to manually sync and kept looking on cell app for a sync button but then thru forums found I had to open spotify on my puter AND my cell and sync was on puter NOT my phone - (left list look for device and click and then click sync button on puter)..had no clue since no real directions on HOW to sync if your new to this kind of thing....Thank goodness for forums !!  lol...

The process you might need to go through is described here

Airhorn Enthusiast

David,

I've read that set of instructions numerous times.  And yet I still encounter the same problem.

I think you may want to adjust that page until your Spotify Application for Android is fixed.  So far it has not come close to being marvelous.

Brewtus - Think I discovered what the issue might have been here. You had a duplicate account, which your Facebook was connected to. I've deleted this now. When logging in, ensure that you are using your "mdemer" username on both devices. Hopefully, that should get your Android working correctly with Spotify.

Another thing you may want to do is ensure that the SD card is set up correctly -

1. Open Spotify in your mobile
2. Go to “More”, “Settings” and select “Clear saved data”
3. Press More and then Log Out
4. While at the login screen, press the hardware Menu key and select SD Location
5. Enter the path to a folder on the SD card
6. Finding the exact path to your SD card can be done with a file manager, and can differ between phones.
On the Samsung Galaxy S, for example, you should use: /mnt/sdcard/external_sd

Spotify will then store tracks in this folder:/mnt/sdcard/external_sd/Android/Data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui

You may need to resync any offline playlists you have after following these steps, however.

Airhorn Enthusiast

David,

I am still experiencing the same problems after trying your latest recommendation.

First I uninstalled Spotify and restarted my phone.

I downloaded Spotify again and logged in as mdemer

I cleared saved data

Logged out

Using Astro on my phone (HTC Thunderbolt) I went to /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/

I was able to find the com.spotify.android.ui folder

At the login screen I set SD location to /mnt/sdcard

Then on my computer, I de-starred all of my songs.

Deleted my current playlists

Re-created the same playlists

I right clicked each playlist and chose Available Offline

Still the same results -- some songs that physically reside on my hard drive are not being copied to my phone.

Any ideas?

I have had this same issue ever since I signed up for Spotify.  I am a premium user, and there seems to be no whyme or reason to the problem.  I have taken a song that did not play, removed it from the playlist, then re-added it and it will play.  However, this is not a viable solution for all of the tracks that refuse to play as there are many.

Please let me know if there are any logs I can gather and send that may help figure this out, it's getting severly annoying.

Nice, two weeks without so much as a peep from support.  this is a real issue being experienced by paying customers....guess you would rather I pay Rhapsody?

Please respond ASAP.

This is the main reason why I just stayed with Free Account. All the music plays on my computer, but when I go to my phone, lets' say, "Hip Hop" playlist, there are some tracks bolded in black and some plain grey. Those grey ones I cannot play on my phone but yes on my computer.

Marked as solution

I am having the same issue. Songs I have local on my PC play fine. When I try to play them on my Android I receive "The track is not available". I have a premium account, I am not a member on Facebook. At one point this worked, seemed to change recently. Possible fixes?

Any results on this yet? As I'm having the same problem have done for a few months and no resolution?

Any news on this?   I'm new to Spotify, but just cancelled my premium service.   It is a deal breaker if I can't play "MY OWN" music.    They show up in the mobile app, but are greyed out in my Sonos app they don't even show up, yet I own the songs and they are on my PC (and play fine there).

Thanks!

Marked as solution

Hey guys 🙂 

If you have local files you want to sync to your device, then you need to connect your device and your computer to the same WiFi network and log into the Spotify applications using the same details on both. Full instructions on how to do this are located on this help page.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm having the same problem, I can play local files through Spotify on my computer, but not through my android, and I have a premium membership.

I'm an amateur songwriter, and I like how Spotify automatically takes any songs I've written on my computer and makes them available on my phone... or at least it did until about a month ago. Other local tracks I have I can still download on my phone, just like anything else I get off Spotify's database (but I can still play those tracks that are unavailable on my phone on my computer).

I'm thinking there might be some licensing issue? Any feedback from someone who knows more on this would be great, thanks.

EDIT: I tried the suggestions in this post: 

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Spotify-PC-can-t-find-my-Android-Phone/td-p/173390

I disabled windows firewall on my computer and my device synced, was able to get local tracks to play to my phone.

Done and done, still says the song is unavailable...glad i'm paying 10$ a month for this.

Did you sync your device and computer? The files of songs you own have to be synced to your device or they won't play.

The problem is that they were playing just fine but then suddenly stopped playing one day...
Marked as solution

I have been doing a bunch of reading and investigating, and just found a snippit about turning off your firewall.

Temporarily paused my ESET security firewall and BOOM! WORKING!!!

See if that is affecting your downloading ability on your wifi at home. (I can't even think of downloading at work because of the firewalls), but duh.... i nearly did a *face palm* when I saw that post!

Good luck! 🙂

404 link not found? :c help me please because not for me its not a solved problem i still cant listen to the songs on my phone that i added through my laptop. 

Suggested posts