Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disabling Spotify Connect

Disabling Spotify Connect

I'm not sure when Spotify Connect was implimented but it is only bringing me frustration and driving up my data. I listen to spotify on my PC at work, and on my cell phone on the go. Now, when I play spotify at work, it is constantly streaming the same songs through my phone. It is draining my battery, sucking my data, and just inconvenient. I understand how Connect works and I click on the little speaker to have the phone only connect to itself but as soon as I hit play on the computer it links again. Extremely annoying, very frustrating, inefficient, and now its costing me money because I did not realise I've been streaming music through my phone all day.

3 Replies

this is a major issue, i am a big advocate of spotify, i am a premium subscriber and i try to get as many other people onto spotify and off of pandora as possible but if this problem continues i am going to cancel my premium subscription because i pay primarily for the mobile service and this is really messing up my data and phone bill, if it continues it will not be worth it.

i will go back to pandora as much as i dont want to at least it doesnt use huge chunks of data when i dont want it to.

I keep getting emails saying my rank is being promoted in the spotify community, and i dont really give a $#!@.

Do you guys care about your product? Or customers? This is one of the few services I subscribe to (and i really try to promote this service as I think it is the best!) but like I said you are costing me money out of my pocket and sending me email promotions about my forum status, I just want someone to acknowledge and address my problem. 

I am having the same problem and it's INCREDIBLY annoying. The phone app just keeps opening on its own while it's plugged into the wall, which wouldn't be TOO bad except it keeps erasing my queue or playing my playlists out of the order I have them set up on the desktop! I just spent an hour setting up a LONG queue only to have it completely erased when the app opened on my phone, as it does every twenty minutes or so no matter how many times I close it. I'm ready to unsubscribe because why pay for something that has become incredibly frustrating to use?

Suggested posts