Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Doesn´t play the next song

Solved!

Doesn´t play the next song

I have spotify premium. I'm getting tired of the problems that it has. More and more problems with the playlists or that they stop being available offline, etc.

The actual problem is that when I play my playlist, suddenly, with some songs, it just doesn´t play the next song. It stays freezed until I click in the next song button.

And don´t answer this message with an absurd: ''Do you have local files in your playlist? There might be an error with them. Bye.'' Because that is not an answer.

I hope I get a quick solution.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If you have a quick search of the forum there are a lot of reports of this since the last updsate. My recommendation is grab the previous apk and install this manually.

Remember to disable automatic updates on the Play Store else you may find yourself back on this buggy version.

You can find a link to the previous version via my signature.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

27 Replies

Hello and welcome to the Spotify Community!

You could try to log out/log in or a clean reinstallation

Many of us have the same problem (including myself), you can find more of it here. They are looking in to it. The best solution at the moment is to use older version of the spotify android app.

I'm having the same problem.

Reinstall/Reboot/Re-whatever doesn't work.

The service is useless to me as-is.

ARE YOU SERIOUS? IS THAT A JOKE? I SPECIFIED IN MY POST: DONT GIVE ME USELESS HELP. IM NOT DUMB <snip-moderator edit>.
HEY EVERYBODY, LOOK HOW SPOTIFY LAUGHT AT US.
DONT FORGET WE ARE PAYING FOR A SERVICE.

How can i do that?

How can I do to install the previous version of spotify?

Please help me.

Marked as solution

If you have a quick search of the forum there are a lot of reports of this since the last updsate. My recommendation is grab the previous apk and install this manually.

Remember to disable automatic updates on the Play Store else you may find yourself back on this buggy version.

You can find a link to the previous version via my signature.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

This worked.  Thanks.  I uninstalled Spotify, downloaded on phone the version ending in .903 from the "Spotify Android Version History" link and installed it. 

Droid Turbo works now, playback of local files continues once song ends, and it works as it should

Out of principle I must say, it is still annoying I had to do that.

I have the same problem. It would helpful to know that this is actively been looked into, with some idea of when a solution will be found as the thought of installing an older version and then having to redownload 2000 songs really does not appeal

Daniel;

Maybe it's just me but i do not see the link to the previous version anywhere in your signature. Can you please clarify?

I had the same problem four a while now. I went on a 12hr car journey yesterday and tried turning on the crossfade setting. I've only turned it up to 2seconds but it seems to have solved the problem😄
Settings> turn off gapless> use the slider to turn up the crossfade to a couple of seconds
Hopefully it works for you too ☺

Alicranali, I love you!! Lol. I have been losing my mind over this problem and yoir solution has fixed this issue. Maybe you should work on the spotify tech team because they SUCK! BRAVO, friend!

Your*

Did the crossfade solution worked for a day now it's not working spotify are you gonna fix this or ignore your market?

No, instead of fixing the bug they took away the workaround.

Typical of spotify and their stupid hatred of android users.

Idk what you're talking about. The option to turn off gapless play back and crossfade are still available. Turn off gapless and increase crossfade to two seconds. Problem solved. By the way, I have DROID as well. It works!

It doesn't prevent the bug of it playing the next track silently.

I too cant plsy the song.. i use to cycle with the playlist songs.... nowcit just stop at one Song!!@$@^$$$$#@**^^

How u rectify it. Care to share. Tks

There isnt any version that end in 903 in that list

Suggested posts