Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Feedback Request: Android Offline Issues

Solved!

Feedback Request: Android Offline Issues

Hello everyone! Spotify here.

We are looking into customer reports about issues with offlined playlists on Android (music which is downloaded to your phone so you can play without an internet connection). Our investigation shows that some folks might have experienced some issues with this so we were hoping you could answer some questions to help us diagnose the problem.

1. Have you made a playlist available offline which you could not play without any internet connection?

2. Have you made a playlist available offline which constantly downloads when you start Spotify?

Thanks,
Team Spotify
448 Replies

I just bought a Kindle Fire and installed Spotify so I could listen offline while I'm at work.  I recently upgraded to the premium service since I couldnt get the free version to work on my desktop at work in either the web version or the pop out version.  It had been working fine a couple weeks ago  

I went online at home, switched 6 playlists to offline mode, opened my kindle to see if I had to do the same for that device, spotify says it's already in offline mode.  Cool, all I have to do at work is plug in and hit play - wrong!  My playlists don't say available offline, even though at the bottom of my screen it says Spotify is in offline mode.  Super frustrated right now.  And if the only advantage to being a premium member is no ads, I'll be cancelling my subscription. 

I used to use playlist, but since they changed the format and deleted all my playlists, spotify was an awesome new free service.  

I am having the issue, where some playlists download and some don't. Then when I do download one it only downloads half of the songs 

When I try to download playlists for offline use it says that it is downloading, yet it never finishes! This is extremely aggravating being as I listen to music the entire time I am working.

Hi i've just got a new phone(Samsung galaxy alpha) and now i can't download my man playlist where i have all of my songs(1359 songs). I have no idea what the problem is, please help.

Got the same problem on both my Android devices (Nexus 7 2013 5.0.2 and M8 Sense 5.0.0) Got my own created playlist but just can't download it, it's showing download progres but then suddenly stops and songs are not downloaded and shows offline is off,. Not happy about it, im trying now with iphone 4 to see if will be able to download my playlist.

Yeah, not exactly what's happen to me. It downloads the entire playlist, then when it finishes none of the songs can be played offline. And it seems like it's only that one playlist too.

I have the following problem on my Galaxy Note 2:

I start downloading a playlist by turning on "available offline" for that playlist. It then downloads the whole thing, but the moment it's finished, "available offline" turns off and the downloaded data is deleted.

I have competed the following steps in order to attempt to solve the problem:

Cleared all the cache and data.
Uninstalled Spotify.
Formatted my SD card.
Turned the phone off and then on again after taking out and putting back the battery and the SD card.
Installed Spotify and tried again.

If this issue is not resolved within the next week, I will unsubscribe to the service, as the offline mode is the only reason I am paying for it.

The same thing is happening in my Moto X. The app plays a few songs but stops with no reason...

I have the same problem which zabunking94 has.. I have a new phone and i installed spotifiy. so now i want to download my Starred songs to hear it offline (about 800) - it starts downloading, but when its finished downloading = it is like it has never started. no songs are available offline.. did it 4 times now.. tryied deinstall spotify and everything. same issue.. pls help

phone: htc e8

I have the same issue as Therwawyn with my Galaxy S4.

I have downloaded my main playlist, featuring some 1300 songs, numerous times. I can enjoy it offline for a couple of days and then the 'avaliable offline' button is toggled to off and the data deleted.

The other, smaller, playlists i choose to have avaliable offline are not affected.

The problem seems to have come with one of the latest updates.

this is just not working.

im having a spotify prenium account for 6 months or so. on my galaxy s4 , playlists are constantly resyncing, so you never know what you will be able to listen to or not. not to mention the bandwith , as im paying 30 euros for a monthly 2 Go ( an average deal in my country ).

today , everything was fine , till the end of afternoon, when i did get an " synchro error " message , with the result of not a single song avaible offline. 

even worse , on my laptop computer , last update had as result all my playlist desynced, not a single song remaining avaible offline.

and these are the last of a long list. i had to re sync everything at each update , more or less...

obviously spotify is selling a service wich they are totaly unable to deliver.

prenium account should be cancelled shortly.

This is getting so stupid.

I had subscribed to Spotify Premium since last October and I have been satisfied with its offline features until now. I have been trying to sync my "Starred" playlist on my Galaxy S5 phone by selecting the Available offline option but whenever spotify finishes downloading the whole playlist, it "drops" 99% of the songs in the playlist and automatically switches back to not avaiable offline. Any attempts to play tracks which are not synced in this playlist with no 3G/Wifi connection fails.

I have already tried to fix this multiple times this week and all of this re-downloading of 600+ songs is killing my house broadband limit. If this does not resolve soon, I may consider dropping Spotify Premium.

I'm getting the same problem. Spotify is re-downloading all of my offline albums at random intervals and also songs are stopping half way through or 15-20 seconds before the end and not skipping to the next queued song. Whilst we're at it is there any sign of getting an adjustable queue like on ios?

Just want to add that this support solution worked for me ...

What happened was that somehow there was a duplicate cache created on your android so Spotify didn't know where you wanted to sync the music and would just hand on the syncing.

If this were to happen again we don't have a fix available for you to do it from our end yet, so the best way to go would be to sent us another message to take care of it

Strange, because I've try to clean cache few times and didnt work for me. But got FIX that worked for me and been testing that for last two days on my Nexus 7 2013 tablet. Ive downloaded a newer version of Spotify witch is not availalbe in Play Store and in Settings instead downloading music to device in Extreme Quality Ive setup to Normal. Now got my playlist on my device to play offline. Today Im testing that on my HTC M8 but with Download qulaity Extreme as that Forces Spotify to save songs on external SDCard and everything works fine for me so give it a try on your device. Version of Spoftiy that you need to look on internet is 2.3.0.794

Thank you very much for the replies and advice. I have taken full note of the advice and instruction provided and for maybe an hour and half my spotify kept songs/albums downloaded and I was able to play songs all the way through.  In order to resolve the problem I uninstalled spotify, deleted all associated files and cached files as instructed and rebooted mu device including removing the device.  However,  after an hour of making albums available offline and  listening to queued songs it has gone back to not being able to play more than half a song without stopping unless you skip the song to the next one. Once again any help is appreciated 

Hi. I had them make a new account for me to get rid of the Facebook connection and attempt to fix my problem. I'm Therawyn from a few pages ago:

I think I have found a fix for my problem and it might work for some of you, too. I noticed that for some reason, spotify wasn't downloading the music to my external SD card and instead downloaded it to my internal phone memory. This could have been why the biggest list disappeared; there simply wasn't enough space where it put my songs. So I did the following steps, which seem to have solved the problem (though I still have not downloaded all 1369 songs):

1. First and foremost, I made an entirely new playlist and am in the process of transferring all the songs to it manually (just to be on the safe side).

2. I deleted cache and saved data.

3. Uninstalled Spotify.

4. Turned phone off, took out battery and SD card, turned on again.

5. Checked in file manager that no remaining files of Spotify existed.

6. Reinstalled Spotify.

7. Now, here's the odd thing. When installing it again, it made two separate folders, one in internal memory and one in SD card memory. So I simply deleted the one in the internal memory.

8. Tried downloading again and this time it downloaded to the correct storage unit. You can check that by accessing Device Storage in your settings and checking which numbers change - "available space" under "SD card" or phone memory. You should also check if the megabytes that "miscellaneous files" occupies increases when you start the download. If it doesn't, and "available space" for SD card starts decreasing as you download the music, then it's downloading to the correct destination.

I have done this and am downloading the music again. Once the list reaches 1369 songs, it remains to be seen whether they stay downloaded. They should now that there's plenty space.

Hello. 

I have a samsung Ace with androïd 2.3.6.

I have a premium account and spotify apli which is 1.2.5.3 release.

My problem is I can't  see anymore my albums and titles in the album and titles directories and just a few artists in artist directory

Just playlist area seems to be ok.

When I look on web spotify on my computer, everything is ok.

@lours38 wrote:

Hello. 

I have a samsung Ace with androïd 2.3.6.

I have a premium account and spotify apli which is 1.2.5.3 release.

My problem is I can't  see anymore my albums and titles in the album and titles directories and just a few artists in artist directory

Just playlist area seems to be ok.

When I look on web spotify on my computer, everything is ok.

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hi, I am new as a premium member and the main reason I signed up for spotify was to hear MY MUSIC offline. For some reason, Spotify will only allow me to play like 5 random songs when I am offline. They songs are all on different lists and some aren't even on a list. Literally everything else won't play and is said to be  "not available". I have tried all the troubleshooting, and clean installs and I've had nothing but problems.

PLEASE HELP! I am leaving on an 18 hour flight this weekend and I dont know why I'm paying for this service if I cannot hear this music offline.

Suggested posts