Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Feedback Request: Android Offline Issues

Solved!

Feedback Request: Android Offline Issues

Hello everyone! Spotify here.

We are looking into customer reports about issues with offlined playlists on Android (music which is downloaded to your phone so you can play without an internet connection). Our investigation shows that some folks might have experienced some issues with this so we were hoping you could answer some questions to help us diagnose the problem.

1. Have you made a playlist available offline which you could not play without any internet connection?

2. Have you made a playlist available offline which constantly downloads when you start Spotify?

Thanks,
Team Spotify
448 Replies

I have been a premium member for a long while now. I have just changed my phone to a galaxy s5. It was working ok then all the tracks and albums I tick to play off line download and play. However each time I come back into the app it starts the download again? This keeps happening and I am finding it very frustrating as I deletes them off the flash drive every time!
Please help.

I keep havung a problem where im downloading music to my phone and saving them and somehow the music will automatically undownload and unsave without my reques.. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the app but i keep having the same problem what is going on

I have the first problem, but it isn't only with playlist it is with most of the songs in my library.  They say they have downloaded but won't play wihtout internet connection, the songs will load up and the album artwork will show, but no music plays and the scroll bar at the bottem doesn't go past 0:00 and the play button shows that it should be playing.  I have an android droid max from 2 or 3 years ago i think

Since 3 days ago spotify started listing my android phone as a new device every time i reboot, resulting in exceeding the device limit and deleting all my songs from the phone, i have to log onto the website everytime i reboot to delete the previous listings of my device, it's super annoying since it's the third time i have to download 20+ GB of songs overnight 

The specs are:

-Galaxy s4 GTi-9505

-Android Lollipop 5.1

-Latest version of android client installed

i hope the problem will be resolved in a decent amount of time, i had to put an alarm every day to remember to delete all previous listed device to listen to my music on my work commute

Hello all 🙂

I have the same problem. I saw that when the phone is rebooted with Offline mode activated, spotify had disconnected the session.
So OK click on "Connection" and he asks for turn off the Offline mode. So OK again, but after no music could be read ! Files are always here cause of XXX go used..

After three tries, he says "you have reached the limit of 3 devices". Into my account i saw 3 times "Android phone" at the same date ! I'm not enough rich to have 3 Android phones 😛

This bug is happened when i have tried to Sync a third device (other computer). I have deleted all devices into account but it still annoying me. I have deleted files on Android, reboot, try to create an username instead of facebook connection..

Please, we need your help 🙂

My problem is that when Spotify isn't in offline mode and the phone resets, it deletes all my playlists offline. The problem may be even more evident if it is synchronizing any playlist and you restart the phone. I've tried everything, I believe in a programming error, or perhaps a problem with encrypted phones. This problem is almost making me give up use Spotify on my phone.

Yes, my offline playlists that I have downloaded are no longer available in Flight Mode which annoyed the hell out of me when all my favourite workout playlists were unavaiable at the gym.

I have Spotify Premium account and run an Android 5 on Sony Xperia Z1 Compact D5503 device.

This problem only showed up in the last two-three days, before they worked flawlessly.

Answers: 

1. I can listen to offline playlists, but Spotify simply won't sync local files anymore

2. Yes I had, but now simply local files won't sync...

My mobile doesn't show in the device list (Windows), but my android phone let's me remotely control Spotify on my Windows PC. 

Weird...

I'm premiunm and have my offline content on my android. I press play on downloaded content, switch to chrome and just before page finishes loading spotify stops playback. I go back into Spotify and press play again when it's available (sometimes the button is still in a play state even though the song has stopped and the network is still connected).

I reopen the browser which reloads the page which causes spotify to stop playing again. reprise:

For a fuller description and more details, check here https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Spotify-stops-playing-when-I-use-Chrome/m-p/1172703

@jdbridges272 wrote:

I have the first problem, but it isn't only with playlist it is with most of the songs in my library.  They say they have downloaded but won't play wihtout internet connection, the songs will load up and the album artwork will show, but no music plays and the scroll bar at the bottem doesn't go past 0:00 and the play button shows that it should be playing.

@ I experience the exact same behavior. I cannot start downloaded songs, unless I'm online. Spotify 3.3.0.988 @ Samsung Galaxy S Advance with Android 4.1.2.

Still experiencing same behaviour as jdbridges here with version 3.4.0.764
on android 5.1.

Don't expect a fix in a hurry or even any help on the forums here. I've
completely removed Spotify and reinstalled and even removed some other apps
to try fix this and its still broken. I've been having the problem across
multiple Spotify releases and no one here answers questions or has a fix
for this. A waste of time and money. Thanks Spotify!

OK, the problem was not with starting downloaded songs, but with the fact that they weren't downloaded at all. What solved the issue for me, was switching the download quality from normal to high.

Hello everybody

I have a problem with listing offline music. When i am listing offline music, it suddenley stops playing and shutsdown the app on mine phone. I tried to clear the cache, reinstall spotify on mine Huawei P7 and remove and replace the sd card. But nothing helped so far. I hope you have te solution for mine problem. I think i tried everything.

Huawei ascend p7

Hello everybody

I have a problem with listing offline music. When i am listing offline music, it suddenley stops playing and shutsdown the app on mine phone. I tried to clear the cache, reinstall spotify on mine Huawei P7 and iremove and replace the sd card. But nothing helped so far. I hope you have te solution for mine problem. I think i tried everything.

Huawei ascend p7

I specifically created a playlist of the songs that will not play in offline mode.

I have made it so the playlist IS available offline and I even manually save the songs individually to try and make the songs play continously.

Nothing. Unless select my profile to show "online" and I eat my data with my cellular provider.

Help!

The same for me, unless I use internal memory. So we're not able to use sd cards. Shame on Spotify as it's happening for a very long time!

Hi. I'm experiencing this issue for a long time. It doesn't happen if I use internal memory but all the time with sd card. Galaxy Note 4 just updated to Android 6 and latest Spotify. It's not solved at all.

I've had this issue since I upgraded to a Galaxy Note 7 and it looks like this issue has been around for about 4 or 5 years and still no acceptable response from Spotify...

I thought MicroSoft were the past masters of ignoring their customers, but it appears that Spotify are no different...

It looks like they're extremely happy to take your money whether you're happy with their service or not...

Hi,
I am a Premium user, but when I want to listen my downloaded playlists, some of the songs doesn`t work offline. Please, let me know what can I do to fix it.

Hi. I have problem with offline musics' quality. To get the best quality (checked settings the best quality is on) I have to uninstall app, remove all Spotify files, install Spotify and redownload albums/songs again. After this I get songs with the best quality in offline mode.
Problem always occur when downloading new albums. If I want to download new albums with the best quality I have to do the exact steps.. every time.. to get the best quality.

Version: 6.3.0.882 armV7
Phone: Huawei P9 (Android 6.0)

Suggested posts