Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't download my offline music

Solved!

I can't download my offline music

Hello, Spotify-Community!

Since the new update with the new color of Spotify is out,

I can't download my offline music on my Android anymore (HTC One M7).

I'm in the same WLAN-Network, Spotify is on PC and Android open, but it's always said "Waiting for Download...".

I have reinstall Spotify on PC and Android, nothings works.

Has anyone a Solution for that?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'm having the same problem and it makes me totally crazy!

I reinstalled the desktop app. I deleted all my data on my phone and reinstalled the Spotify App. I also deleted the cache files on my PC and copied the local files to another folder on my hard drive in case that there are problems with my external drive. Of course, after that I changed the folder paths within the Spotify settings. Nothing worked. I still can play the songs on my PC within the desktop app, but not on my phone.

2 days ago I was able to listen to my local files on my phone. Since yesterday it doesn't work anymore. Please have a look on the attached image. The first two songs are local songs. Although I set the playlist as offline, the two songs are not downloaded.

Please, is there any oher solution for that? Maybe it's a bug in the new app version or something else??

Thank you,

Christian

View solution in original post

2015-08-04 12.17.03.png
8 Replies

Hello & welcome to the Community!

Keep in mind Spotify will stop downloading songs when the device you are using has a small available storage.
(sometimes even if you have 500MB-1GB available)
Try deleting apps and stuff you don't need and maybe that helps.

Check your internet connection too.
Maybe closing the app and its process helps.

If nothing works then I try clean reinstalling the Spotify app following these steps:

1. From the home screen, tap Settings > Apps.
  2. Find Spotify in your list of apps.
  3. If you're able to, tap Clear Data and Clear Cache.
  4. Tap Uninstall to remove the app.
  5. Turn your device off and then back on.
  6. Open Google Play then search for and install the Spotify Music app.

Hope this helps! ♫

This was a post by DasPeter
If my post helped you to fix your problem  -  Accept as Solution
If you liked my post - Give it a Like

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
PM me here

Marked as solution

I'm having the same problem and it makes me totally crazy!

I reinstalled the desktop app. I deleted all my data on my phone and reinstalled the Spotify App. I also deleted the cache files on my PC and copied the local files to another folder on my hard drive in case that there are problems with my external drive. Of course, after that I changed the folder paths within the Spotify settings. Nothing worked. I still can play the songs on my PC within the desktop app, but not on my phone.

2 days ago I was able to listen to my local files on my phone. Since yesterday it doesn't work anymore. Please have a look on the attached image. The first two songs are local songs. Although I set the playlist as offline, the two songs are not downloaded.

Please, is there any oher solution for that? Maybe it's a bug in the new app version or something else??

Thank you,

Christian

2015-08-04 12.17.03.png

Now it works for me.

After reinstall Spotify and restart PC the Firewall has appeared and I allowed it, it works now.

@DasPeter

I have tried that all.

I have enough storage (32 GB intern, over 20 GB is available).

But thanks for trying to help me!

Doesnt work!

Hello @night1747!

Can you play those songs when you aren't on offline mode?

This was a post by DasPeter
If my post helped you to fix your problem  -  Accept as Solution
If you liked my post - Give it a Like

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
PM me here

No, it doesn't matter whether the playlist (or spotify) is in offline mode or not, it doesn't matter if the local files are present on the phone or not. Everything plays on desktop, but local files are grayed out in phone.

I think many people don't realize that when they are on the same network as the desktop app, and when they click on the local track and become happy when it starts playing, they're actually controlling the desktop's spotify from their phone. As soon as they go outside, local files will stop playing as they'll be on standalone phone spotify.

Unfortunately, I still couldn't solve the problem. 😞

I'm able to play the local files within the desktop app. But the smartphone app still doesn't download the local files within my playlists. I don't know why...Maybe it's a problem with the new Windows 10 OS on my laptop? I think I'm having this problem since I upgraded to the new windows version. With Windows 8, everythin was fine.

Suggested posts