Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music starts automatically after pulling out headphones?

Music starts automatically after pulling out headphones?

I like to use my headphones/headset when listening to music, especially when I'm out in public as to not bother others and all that and I have noticed that even if I pause the music, it starts playing again automatically whenever I unplug my headphones.

I am not sure whether this is a bug or intentional behavior but I really can't imagine anyone wanting Spotify to do that. Fine if you unplug your headphones without pausing but it really shouldn't continue playing after I specifically pause the music to remove my headphones.

Thank you.

3 Replies

I suspect that is possibly being caused by another app on your mobile since android default behaviour is to do nothing on connecting or disconnecting headphones. What device and android version are you using? Do you get the same behaviour with other audio apps?

Hi Jwylot, thank you for the response.

I am using a ZTE Blade III with Android 4.0. I don't really have a lot of other apps installed on it other than Spotify, Facebook and Cut the Rope so it would probably be one of the default apps then but I do not use any other audio apps so I don't know what would cause such behavior.

I'm pretty sure this is an old bug, unrelated to Spotify. If your android settings have an option relating to starting a music app on connecting headphones, you could try turning this off to see if it makes a difference. Also, there's an app called Headset Blocker you could try.

Suggested posts