Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music won't play?

Music won't play?

My spotify account won't play my music on both my Windows and android. I have the free version of Spotify.

When I try to play it on my Windows, I can click on the song, but it just never starts. I have re-installed the updated version of Spotify and still nothing works.

When I try to play music on my android, the songs are grayed out and when I try to click on one a window pops up saying "Streaming is only available to Premium subscribers" what does that mean? It also says to "Sync from Computer" but I have the same playlists on my computer and android, so I don't know what that means.

Please help,

Natalie

14 Replies

For the Android question it means what it says - streaming and downloading to mobile is only available to Premium (£10/$10/€10 a month)

Dave

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

So I can't have spotify on my phone at all without paying?

No, it's meant to be one of the main draws of the premium account.

Natalie,

Could you tell us what version of the Windows Operating System you are using?
Airhorn Enthusiast

I have a mytouch 3g I have no credit/debit cards,no PayPal, nothing...how ever I do have a money order i just ft could I use that? It says I have to use some kind of collateral to get the 30 day trial.

Tara9822 - Payment details will be needed to activate the free 30 day Premium trial, I'm afraid. You just need to cancel it at any time within those 30 days and we won't charge you a penny.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

You have to have a premium accoutn to listen on the Android? Why can't it have an ad version? OK unistalled.

Because listening on mobile devices is one of the key features of Premium.
----------------

I have spotify loaded on my PC at work and for some reason it just started acting up today. When I open the program it doesn't;t allow me the option to play, play is grayed out-

I have the free version but I thought you could play as much music as you wanted?

Is there a new version or something I need to download to continue listening?

Is it giving a message about being offline at all? As you use it at work, perhaps the network admins have disabled access as spotify uses the p2p protocol which can required a lot of data
----------------

I've just bought a premium subscription, but every song I touch on my phone says streaming is only available for premium members. I can add the song to my saved playlist and listen to it that way, but why can't I stream? I have a Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch with Sprint.

It sometimes takes a while till Premium is activated on all devices.

Try loging out, restart your device and log in again. Mostly this step helps already.

Ok it worked, and I'm able to stream now! Thanks!

it played before now not if icant play on phone will drop premimum

Suggested posts