Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My playlists are not updating on my Android

Solved!

My playlists are not updating on my Android

My playlists have stopped updating and I can't see new ones I've added or even new songs I've added to older playlist. I tried upgrading to the preview version today and even upgraded to latest firmware to see if that fixed it, but unfortunately it didn't.

I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S2 with latest firmware.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there,

The preview version is old now. Update to the official version from the Play store.

If that fails, then have you tried following the steps in PerBonomi's sticky thread at the top of this forum? See here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Trouble-with-the-latest-release-Let-us-know/td-p/8636...

If none of the steps in the first post work, then post back with a detailed description using the template in that same thread ...

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there,

The preview version is old now. Update to the official version from the Play store.

If that fails, then have you tried following the steps in PerBonomi's sticky thread at the top of this forum? See here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Trouble-with-the-latest-release-Let-us-know/td-p/8636...

If none of the steps in the first post work, then post back with a detailed description using the template in that same thread ...

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Thank you, that did work. I thought I had the newest version before, apparently I didn't.

Interestingly enough, this is still happening with Spotify Android V2.7.0.883. Sometimes the playlist on the phone (LG G3 running V20h) updates when a new playlist is added on the desktop version 1.0.4.90.g0b6df40b, sometimes it doesn't.

Rather annoying when you have marked some playlists as available offline and you have to delete all the data and start over again whenever this happens.

Incidentally, I just did the usual "clear cache" thing and the new playlist did not appear on the phone...

Suggested posts