Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No SD Card Found

No SD Card Found

I'm a premium subscriber and questioning that decision daily.  EVERY time I restart my phone, Spotify starts by itself and tells me there's no SD card for me to check my storage.  If the app DIDN'T start without my permission, the SD card would be able to mount during the startup process and then be recognized by Spotify.  There is no way to prevent the app from starting up either.  If anyone has a fix for this, please help.

The other thing about this happening is that all my downloaded playlists are back to not showing as downloaded.  They are still on my external sd card, they just don't show up in the app as downloaded.  When I set the playlist to be available offline, then play the music, it then shows up as downloaded after playing.  I know it hasn't downloaded again, because I have it set to only download on Wifi.  I have no idea how to remedy this and am tired of searching the internet for a fix.  Any help is going to be greatly appreciated.

12 Replies

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
Spotify Android Version History

That was the first thing I read on this site. I couldn't find anything regarding the app starting on its own either. It wouldn't be so bad if it at least showed up in the processes to turn it off at startup.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times and deemed the folders mentioned. I'm just about done with Spotify. If it was free, I wouldn't complain, but I'm paying for a service that doesn't work the way it's supposed to work.

Thanks for your suggestion though.

It seems odd that your SD isn't mounting in time. If you Force Close the Spotify app and then open it does it correctly identify the SD Card installed in your device?

Can you advise what Spotify version you are using as well as your devi ce and it's software version?

Android Troubleshooting:

Spotify doesn't find my downloaded playlists if I force close, the re open. I have to "re-download" when I connect tho Wi-Fi. I also have to re-check the make available offline button in the playlist. When I do that, as I listen to the playlist, the songs go from the greyed out (not downloaded) symbol to the green (downloaded) symbol.

I'm using the latest version in the market, but this had been going on for a while. I'm on the Galaxy S5 with the latest lollipop software and using a SanDisk 64gb class 10 card. I also switched and reformatted cards since my original post. Same issue.

Thanks for your help.

Can you try formatting your sd card?

Android Troubleshooting:

I have. I took my other SD card out of my Galaxy S3 and formatted it then reinstalled Spotify and saved my playlists. No change.

At this point, I'm about done with this app altogether. It constantly freezes on my Windows 8 laptop and it's frustrating on my phone. AND I'M PAYING FOR IT to frustrate me....

Yeah this **bleep** needs to be fixed; very frustrating to suddenly lose access to your music when you have a long day of commuting ahead of you. Only to get home, redownload your playlists for offline play and lose them again the next day 😕

And yes, I have tried formatting/reinstalling everything. Many times.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and attribute these problems specifically to class 10 SD cards (seems to be a common theme in this and related threads).

Please fix your compatibility with class 10 SD cards, I'm sure you've lost many subscribers (including myself) to this very problematic, yet simple issue.

Haha can't even say shet

I had the same problem, I found what was causing this. I went to my storage settings and changed default write disk to SD card and now it works.

Screenshot_2015-06-16-02-06-37.png

I get a similar problem on my note 10.1 & am seriously am getting VERY ANNOYED with this.   I too am a premium subscriber.   What I'm really tired of its this constant re install and reboot. Works for 1 session then blank screen.  I am no fool and common sense prevails but this is bullsh*t when we are premium subscribers.   They have a problem and they know it. 

My wage is $70 per hour + benefits.   Spotify you should credit me $250 for my time.   Here's what I've spent my time on solving your potential loss of sales. Instead pay me royalties.  

ATTENTION Users:  I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition.  The error message I get that appears for 1 second reads:

No SD Card Found

We found no place to store our data,  please check that you have

a working SD card and free space. 

OK

No not OK!  Check on all of that valuable advice,  I managed to read this message by videoing the subliminal flash message.  Of course all of that works, your app is the only thing giving my premium note 10.1 grief. 

The default storage is not permitted to be changed, that's Spotify's rule on this device (go fix it Spotify). 

If I powered down my device and later attempted to start Spotify again I get the blank screen, or I just get chucked out of the app.  To save the uninstall and reinstall process (and mega frustration), my pesky work around is along the lines of: 

Go to screen page where the Spotify icon resides

Change the screen to"EDIT" mode

Drag the Spotify icon to "app info"

Clear data (possibly force stop too, clearing the cache does not make a difference)

Launch again. 

I won't be bothering storing any music offline on this device until Spotify fix this.  Using Spotify means that Streaming charges from my ISP apply to me from this point on the 10.1.   Lucky I Have a Note 4 to store offline material.  Offline is annoying to me that offline means I can't take calls and use my other data services.  

I use Spotify on an i-phone 4s; Galaxy Note 4; Onkyo NR636 AV Receiver; Galaxy Note 10.1 Spotify version 3.3.0.982

Screenshot_2015-07-18-10-33-58.jpg

Hi there,

One other option to try is to 'downgrade' to an previous update. I did this as I was experiencing similar issues to you. I downgraded to 3.9 or so. You can go back further though. Personally I think spotify was better years ago. The link is below

http://spotify.en.uptodown.com/

I have only tried it for a day or so but no isssues thus far. If you are concerned about viruses I suggest getting an antivirus to scan it just in case. My download was clean according to AVG and a lot of people seem to think its a well trusted site. See below:

https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=uptodown+safe

I hope this might assist as this has been a royal pain in the ass for me as well for the last month or so. The thing is I now have so many playlists from over the years which I dont wanna part with. 

Good Luck

Suggested posts