Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Only some of the songs in three of my playlists are uploading to my Android Phone?

Only some of the songs in three of my playlists are uploading to my Android Phone?

YES - I have tried restarting my phone and computer Yes - Ive tried to re download the app onto my phone.  Yes - Ive logged out and lgged back in.  Why do I have one Playlist that has over 2000 songs on my laptop and when I open my phone app it only has 132 songs? I only have 4 playlists.  I am a premium member.Spotify sure does make it hard to FIND help.  So I ask you community.  Help please.

8 Replies

You clearly know about troubleshooting your issue, so please don't take my questions the wrong way. I can't see your device so I am just trying to get info so that hopefully someone who knows the answer will be able to help.

Do any of the songs in your list have the icon indicating they're being downloaded?

When you start the app does the device's status bar say "Downloading" (I think that's the word) to indicating Spotify is synching music?

How much space is left on the device?

@blipco wrote:

YES - I have tried restarting my phone and computer Yes - Ive tried to re download the app onto my phone.  Yes - Ive logged out and lgged back in.  Why do I have one Playlist that has over 2000 songs on my laptop and when I open my phone app it only has 132 songs? I only have 4 playlists.  I am a premium member.Spotify sure does make it hard to FIND help.  So I ask you community.  Help please.

Hi. That's what the community is for 🙂 I think you may have been sabotaged by the large playlist monster. Please follow these instructions. 

1. Create a new empty playlist on your desktop client.
2. Copy all the tracks from the affected playlist in batches of around 100.
3. Enjoy your music.

Is there a known issue with playlists having 101+ tracks?  I have a playlist with 200+ tracks and another with 300+ and haven't had synching issues that I know of, but obviously that's a lot different from 2000.

It's 333 tracks or more which breaks it. I say batches of 100ish to keep it simple, like me 🙂 Apparently fixed in 0.9.1.40 but I'm still waiting on that.

No no downloading is happening.  I do not want to Download anything to my phone.  I just want it synced.  I do not want it to be available offline.  I havent downloaded any of my playlists with that Green button that says download.  If I do that then it will be saved on my phone.  I just want it synced with my phone so I can play it through the Spotify App.  I have 2 playlists that are at 771 and 900 songs so I know it has the capability to do it.  The storage on my phone is high.  I have a 32 gig micro SD card and it is  not even half used.

Ill try that.  Thanks

It worked.  Thank you.  No more Large Playlist Monster.  you guys Rock!!  and now back to the music.

Awesome 🙂

Suggested posts