Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playing time has gap of 1 second to smartphone app on Spotify Connect for Amazon Fire TV/Stick

Playing time has gap of 1 second to smartphone app on Spotify Connect for Amazon Fire TV/Stick

Brief description of the issue: The Spotify Connect App on the Amazon Fire TV is one second before the normal Spotify app and counts up the playing time up to second 60 if a song was skipped by the remote of the Amazon Fire TV. In this cas the time display shows 01:59, 01:60, 02:01 ... correct would be 01:59, 02:00, 02:01. And if you compare the current time of your smartphone and the Fire TV you see the FireTV is a second later, i.e. Smartphone 0:30, FireTV 0:31.

Steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start a song playing on Spotify Connect for Amazon Fire TV by playing a song via i.e. an Android App.
  2. Choose next track with the fire tv remote (IMPORTANT!, if you just playing a song from the app the time is correct)
  3. Wait until the song has played about 59 Seconds.
  4. See the app displaying 0:60.

After triggering this issue and playing another song normally from the Smartphone, the timing is correct but the problem of playing up to 0:60 continues.

What steps you’ve tried already: nothing, as in my oppinion only the developers could change something 😉

Your device and operating system (e.g. Samsung Galaxy 4, 5.1.1) Spotify Connect: Amazon Fire TV Stick; Smartphone: Nexus 4, Android 5.1.1

Type of Spotify account you have (Free/ Premium): Premium

The app version of Spotify you’re using: Smartphone 3.4.0.764, Spotify Connect (Amazon Fire TV) 0.1.2

Any screenshots, if they can help to explain your issue: see Attachment

Suggestion: On Skipping a track with the remote the time value is set to 1 instead of 0 (or something similiar) as it correctly works if the song is skipped by the smartphone app.

IMG_20150823_125602.jpg
0 Replies

Suggested posts