Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problems with wi-fi connection on Sony Xperia E

Problems with wi-fi connection on Sony Xperia E

Hello,
I have downloaded the Spotify's app for my Sony Xperia E, but when I try to connect with wi-fi, the app had difficult to connect, if I use my broswer the smarthphone dosen't have any problem... I think that's something wrong in the preferences of the app, or maybe a bug.

What I might do to fix that? Thanks a lot!

5 Replies

Could you give a bit more information please. Are you not able to stream music from spotify at all or are you having problems getting the mobile to show under devices in the desktop client? Do you get any error messages?

Can you try removing the app and then re-installing it?

I haven't heard of (or experienced) this problem myself, so my assumption would be that it's more to do with the phone settings possibly. Can you also try with a different WiFi access point to rule out your own WiFi network blocking it?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Well,  when I connect my phone to wifi Spotify dosen't stream any songs and it says "no internet connection avaible".  If I use my operator connection I haven't any problem.

The strange is that other apps, like firefox or play store, dosen't have any problem, (so, wifi works correctly).

That wifi connection is used also to listing spotify on the pc.

I tryed to reinstall the app, but nothing has changed...

Could you just check your wireless router and make sure that UPnP is enabled. 

Yes, UPnP is enabled. If would be helpful the router is one Sitecom and it's older than my phone...

Suggested posts