Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Radio plays the same Songs over and over again.

Radio plays the same Songs over and over again.

I am using Spotify now for more than 3 year but since a Feb months I have the Problem that the Radio Funktion doesn't work anymore. It plays only a Feb Songs and repeat that the hole time. It doesn't matter how I rate the Songs that doesn't effect the problem.
Is there any solution for that?
17 Replies

Radios are really bad, especially playlist radios.

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
Spotify Android Version History

@Daniel wrote:

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

Actually, my friend, you can uninstall your Spotify tons of times in week and still you will be so pleased to hear the same over, over and over again! We really need some variety to Spotify Radio - NOW or NEVER!

I think this is not related to Android app. Spotify Radios are repeatative on every platform.

I don't know how Spotify radio's algorithm works but it seems like it has something wrong with it. I want to discover songs just randomly by genre, or by relevant artists. But radio plays the same popular songs over and over again. I listen to same 40 songs everyday from a genre radio. I tried other services (like last.fm and Grooveshark) and their radios make me discover new songs, bands and artists.

I've never liked or disliked (thumbs up and down) a song from radio. Maybe radio algorithm works better if it knows what do we like/dislike. If you noticed that, please let me know and I will give it a try.

I know developers has more important things to deal with (YOU REMOVED APPS, MY FAVORITE FEATURE OF SPOTIFY AND RELEASED A BETA VERSION WITH THOUSANDS OF BUGS) but please care about this problem. It's important for many people.

Thanks.

I hab that Problem on the iPhone too and also on the PC. I just posted this here because I use Android at the moment.

I would love to switch to Google play music but Spotify has a Corporation with my mobil carrier that the Traffic doesn't count. They only have that for Spotify.

Look like this is a big Problem. Please fix that!

Bump. PLEASE HELP!

BUUUUUMP

Hey everyone, thanks for getting in touch via the Spotify Community!

We'd like to get a bit more feedback on you Radio issue, do you mind answering these questions for us?

1. Could tell us the genre or artist radio you picked?

2. Your device and the device's operating system

3. The Spotify app version installed

4. About the time of day you played the Radio station

You say the same songs in a sequence, about how many different songs are you getting? 

The more information we have the better, thanks!

I'm listening to spotify on iPhone and am experiencing these same problems. My radio stations tend to cycle through 10-15 songs, max. Sometimes I'll run into a station that cycles through the same 5 songs, in the same order even.

1. Genre radios I listen to: Hardcore (removed, please add it back), Heavy Metal, Punk, Blues, Indie, Alternative (removed, please add it back)

Artist radios I listen to: Nirvana, Guns N' Roses, Green Day, Eric Clapton, Megadeth, Slayer

2. PC, Windows

3. 0.9.15.27, but I had same the same problem in latest version (I had the same problem even in older versions)

4. Nearly every day I listen to some of these radios

I get 20-30 different songs for each station, just their order changes.

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Hope you solve the problem (if you think this is a problem).

Manian, DJ Gollum, my playlist radio, DJ THT, Empyre One, Rob Mayth...

All plays the same songs over and over. I play on Android or Web Player, the same. One song plays and then in time (less than hour or even half hour) again the same song... There's no variety, it plays just the same - no matter when I listen or for how long.

Really add some variety! All apps are updated.

Wow this is incredibly frustrating and I cant believe Spotify hasnt done anything about this considering it could so easily take all of Pandora's business.

Perfect example:

I start radio based on a playlist with 400 songs by 200-300 artists.

Radio keeps replaying the same 5-7 artists, many times the same songs within 30 minutes of listing

Worse yet, I give a song the thumbs down and that artists still continues to appear

The logic here is incredibly messed up and music discovery (a big part of any service for me) becomes non-existent. 

Same problem here.  Whether on my Note 4 or Laptop.  Time of day is of no matter.  Willie Nelson station plays the same songs over and over and over.  Willie and Friends have 100's of songs, where are they?????

Pandora has a nice feature where you can add artists/songs to your stations when this happens. I can't seem to find a similar feature.

Another issue is that songs I've thumbed up prior, come up later as not.

I really liked Spotify at first, but the constant repeat of songs is getting old.

@meahtenoha wrote:

We'd like to get a bit more feedback on you Radio issue, do you mind answering these questions for us?

You say the same songs in a sequence, about how many different songs are you getting? 

@meahtenoha wrote:

Repeating of songs also happens when you go to a playlist, or artists page that you've liked.  You play shuffle songs and the same songs repeat over and over.

I still have this Problem. It just getting worse. Nearly every Radio does now play the same Songs over and over again. This happens on all Devices at any time.

Why can't you just fix something like that?

I wish I could switch to Google Play Musik. Its so much better. But I can't hanks to my Provider.

@Volldgetre wrote:
I still have this Problem. It just getting worse. Nearly every Radio does now play the same Songs over and over again. This happens on all Devices at any time.

Why can't you just fix something like that?

I wish I could switch to Google Play Musik. Its so much better. But I can't hanks to my Provider.

I don't think it is better on GPL. I tried Google Play trial last time this year and the radio is better, but not so much. It keeps too playing the same. So it might be not the case of help.

I found Rdio radio the best, but the service is now closed, so I have no idea where to listen new suggestions. I have Deezer Free account too, but I need to try the radio option here.

Suggested posts