Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Search User Playlists in Spotify Mobile

Solved!

Search User Playlists in Spotify Mobile

Hello,

I'm wondering why there is no way to search for user playlists on the mobile app. If there is, please tell me how to get there. I downloaded the spotify mobile app to be able to listen to other user's playlists easily. If I can't, I won't be purchasing it.

Thanks,

Adam

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

You should be able to search for content like users' playlists in the mobile app through the Search tab.

There's more info about this in this Spotify Answer.

Hope this helps! If you there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to give us a shout. We'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

17 Replies

I'd also like to know if this is possible or if this is going to happen? This would make me go back to using RDIO.

The only way at the moment is to search and subscribe from the desktop app and then you can listen from the mobile app
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

This is no solution, only a very dirty workaround.

Come on guys, some little features:

> landscape

> search for playlists

> a web based player (only a player, not more)

> radio on mobile

I agree: this is not a solution for the OP. Searching user playlists in Spotify mobile is just NOT possible

Actually, it is doable only in the Blackberry platform.

To search you just start typing while in your playlist, it searches both the artist name or song name. 

I just switched over to Android and it is very frustrating to loose functionality.

Well it IS possible in the RDIO  Android app... so is landscape!  

Time to switch!

Another option, still not ideal: Use your your android web browser to search for the playlist you want. Open the link, probably something like open.spotify.com/user/<users name>/playlist/... the web page that opens should have an option to select "i have spotify".  Click it to launch the app and you can subscribe or just listen from there.

Get chrome to phone on your web browser and phone. If you find a playlist on your computer, hit chrome to phone button and on your phone you get an option to open it in spotify. Set that as your default option the first time you do it and the whole thing's easy as pie! 🙂

And is it not even possible to do on an ipad? (i.e. you HAVE to have a desktop to be able to do it?)

Why would you not just search in the application as opposed to doing it through a web browser if you are already on a desktop.  Then just follow the playlist and it will pop up on the mobile app.

I was searching for a solution for a similar problem and just stumbled upon a solution that might be helpful to others.

I was trying to find out how to open a playlist someone posted on Facebook while on my laptop. Clicking on the link brings up the web-version of Spotify of course, however couldn't play anything since such "streaming" is blocked on my work's network (including using the desktop app). However, since I have Premium I figured that I should be able to find it on my mobile app. Alas, searching, as all the previous posts note, does not work for user playlists on the mobile app. However, in my situation, I was able to find the playlist link via my Facebook mobile app. Now here is what I believe is the clincher - I also have Chrome as my mobile browser. So when I clicked on the link , it opened in Chrome, and while it did not let me play anything through the web browser, it did find the user profile and asked me if I wanted to download their playlists. Clicked yes and voila, the Spotify app oppened and started to download the playlists. Negative to this method; it downloads all that user's public playlists.

Not the best of solutions, but another work around for those who might need it...

When will this be fixed? When can andriod users search for playlists in the spotify mobile app? Awful user experience.

PLaylist search in the desktop client is pretty hit or miss, possibly because there are so many of them. Hopefully  this will be sorted in the future and rolled out to mobile devices too.

Download the app "Spotify Music" from Spotify Ltd - and voila you can search for playlists users etc 😃

This is a very frustrating bug with Spotify.

All of the non-mobile devices that I own are all Linux-only devices (and I do not use Wine). Therefore, I cannot run the desktop client for Spotify. I can only run the mobile versions.

Given this, how am I supposed to search for another user and see their playlist? For example, it is Christmas and my girlfriend has made a Christmas playlist. We want to play it through one of my devices (not her device), but we are stuck. She cannot locate my user profile since my account is solely a Facebook-based Spotify account. I cannot search for her user profile because I can only use mobile devices since all of my other devices run only Linux with no Wine.

It's upsetting that this very simple task (navigating to another user's page and selecting their playlist -- or sharing a playlist from a non-Facebook-based account to a user account that is Facebook-based) creates so much stress and hassle.

Please fix this so that any manner of access that can be accomplished on one device can automatically also be accomplished on all other platforms. Stop developing versions of your app for a given platform which fail to have all of the features that another platform may have. Generalize the software better -- just do a better job. Having ad hoc access to features based on which platform I choose to use represents very low quality software -- stop making that and do better.

Spotify means good music, but incredible user-unfriendly surfaces. Permanent unnessesary "optical" changes, which only confuse the user. No accordance of use between PC and tablet or mobile. 

It could be so easy. Just fulfill for your users what other applications - your competitors - do. 

Just fulfill the wishes of your (paying) members. 

The same incredible inscrutable theme is Spotify family. Why don't you serve a simple manual. How to use Spotify Family, how to use common playlists. How to modify playlists of the mainuser as family member with mobile apps... and so on... 

You leave your paying users alone. 

And please do not tell now something about existing blogs and community. Where is your responsibility??? Where is your client friendly acting??? I cannot see it!!! This is very disapointing. 

Thanks for your comprehensive answer! 

Marked as solution

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

You should be able to search for content like users' playlists in the mobile app through the Search tab.

There's more info about this in this Spotify Answer.

Hope this helps! If you there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to give us a shout. We'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts