Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs not playing offline when downloaded

Solved!

Songs not playing offline when downloaded

Uninstalled and redownloaded spotify so I can save my songs to my new sd card, everything downloaded via WiFi, (under 2k songs) when I clicked available offline in the songs menu still on the WiFi. when I was at work I was listening to my music an it turns out nothing was downloaded and it burnt through all my data allowance.

Now I can't listen to anything unless I'm connected to WiFi when every single song is available offline.

Why has this happened?
Can I get a refund for one months sub due to rinsing my data allowance?
And can I stop this happening?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I fixed it by redownloading everything via the album panel rather than pressing it once via the song panel.

A lengthy an tedious process..

I guess as the songs had downloaded but not the "album" persay it decided to stream it rather than play from memory.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

When you are at work, make sure to go into the Spotify app settings under "playback" and turn "offline mode" to on so that it won't be connected to the Internet to use your mobile data.

What might have happened, is that you are trying to download over 1,000 songs and they didn't finish downloading because you closed out of the app. It can take several hours to download that many songs depending on your Internet speed.

You need to keep the app open for it to continue downloading.

I use the iOS app and I usually have to plug in my phone to charge and turn the screen auto-lock off so I can keep the app open for a few hours while it is downloading. 

When the song/playlist is fully downloaded, there will be a green down arrow icon next to it.

Then I would check to make sure everything is fully downloaded by going into the Spotify app settings under "playback" and turn "offline mode" to test it out.

User-added image

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

I fixed it by redownloading everything via the album panel rather than pressing it once via the song panel.

A lengthy an tedious process..

I guess as the songs had downloaded but not the "album" persay it decided to stream it rather than play from memory.

All,

I have downloaded a short playlist (91 songs) to listen to in offline mode, however only about 15-20 of these songs actually play in offline mode. The rest seem to be playing, the progress bar moves along until the song ends and moves on to the next song, but most of the songs simply can't be listened to as there is no sound while these songs are playing. I've checked my device settings (Sony Xperia Z3 compact, which is brand new), no issues there, I can't figure out why some songs can be heard but most can't.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled spotify, re-downloaded the playlist, followed a few other suggestions already posted - no success. Has anyone experienced anything like this before? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

There seems to be issues with the most recent update. I suggest rolling back to the previous version and disabling automatic updates in the Play Store until the next version is released.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I am currently having the same problem. I have frequently downloaded playlists before and never had an issue. Suddenly, I went to download my "Top Songs of 2016" playlist and it says the entire playlist is downloaded but only about 30% of the songs actually play when offline.

Ok. It's easy. I had the same problem. Whenever you come to a song that is doing that undownliad it and elite it from the playlists it may be in. Then redownload it and add it back. That has worked for 95% if all the songs that messed up like that for me.

I have been trying to solve this issue from 4 months now and I give up. The 30+ email conversation with their team wont help. It is an outrage, a great disrespect with their clients to offer a service that doesn't work and even charge for it and. Shame on you spotify.

Shame on you spotify. Fix it or I'm gone.

same happened with me I've been with spotify for years and they used to email or call you to resolve a problem - no more sadly. Shame on spotify for no customer care. Perhaps twitter the problem?

Suggested posts