Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect won't find Denon avr x2000 receiver

Solved!

Spotify Connect won't find Denon avr x2000 receiver

Hi,

I have just bought a Denon avr x2000 amp/receiver and attempted to use my android Nexus4 phone to context via the Spotify app. The problem is no matter what I do it won't find the receiver as a recognised device.

If I use the Denon Remote App I can get music via spotify but the interface is vastly inferior to the actual spotify app.

What is stopping this connection? There is obviously nothing wrong with the network/connection as it works via the Denon app. It's very disappointing as it's one of the reasons I went for the denon.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Many thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey,

today, I finally received a firmewareupdate for my x2000, which terminates the build in Spotify integration and enables Spotify Connect. 

Years after buying this avr I had lost any hope, that this update would ever come. 

Thanks Denon!

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Denon currently don't make any amps which are Spotify connect compatible I am aware off. The denon interface you are using is most likely a system built on top of libspotify which does not include Spotify Connect (which is a new technology).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Spotify in denon avrs is a bluff. The interface is VERY slow, and when you finally get to play your list, it suddenly stops and The avr reboots. This happens after latest firmware update (x2000).

I totally regret the buy of this avr. This fuction was one I planned to use a lot, but is totally useless. Spotify connect would be perfect but it has to be too difficult for denon and spotify.

Would be great if DENON would deploy a new firmware with Spotify Connect instead of the native Support. But I think they want to sell their lates AVR-X2100W that suports connect. But who wants to buy a new receiver every 6 month?

Or Spotify includes DLNA support, what is compatible with nearly every receiver, tv and blu-ray player!

I wrote an email to Denon and asked for a new firmware. I have a AVR X 3000. I got the answer, that the problem is made by Spotify because they dont longer maintain the API (Interface) to "old" Denon Receiver. Denon could / or will not provide a new firmware with Spotify Connect Option. I´m very frustrated of this.

I dont know who is responsible for the problem, but I can imagine Denon would sell their new AVT x100 W Series. Here you can use Spotify Connect.

So Spotify it is on you for an answer!!!

So, an API can be outdated if the particular interface is no longer supported. It can have a number of reasons, usually compatibility and maintain ability. Regardless I can hardly imagine that denon would not be able to programme a new firmware that supports spotify connect. I know that it requires wifi in order to interface with a mobile device. But surely this can be done via a router, spotify?!

Please resolve this issue for us. I'm not about to spend another $700 for a new receiver.

What  I've heard that Onkyo released firmware upgrade to their receivers for Spotify connect support.

And it's just not for the new models but from 2012 to present.

So I got excited and plugged Ethernet cable to my x4000 and checked for new firmware upgrades. None...

Then a little Google and found this...

Not cool at all.

x4000 here, same problem here... no supported connection is found on my android,,, dissapointed! tho its working on a Iphone and Ipad...

yes I agree I have been searching for 8 montbs trying to find a solution to keep this Spotify connect working on an a Dennon AVR1100x and Samsung Galaxy S7 Android to no avail. This is my First Denon and I am irate about being robbed by them. I personally hope this gets picked up as a class action lawsuit.
Marked as solution

Hey,

today, I finally received a firmewareupdate for my x2000, which terminates the build in Spotify integration and enables Spotify Connect. 

Years after buying this avr I had lost any hope, that this update would ever come. 

Thanks Denon!

Same here! I nearly choked on my Coffee when I recieved the notification o.O

Amazing! somehow they lisened! I have to say - cudos to Denon / Spotify for supporting products even after new ones have come on the market. Loyal customer from now on!

Suggested posts