19-04-2012 11:12 AM - edited 19-04-2012 11:23 AM
Finally, the wait is over! Spotify has released a beta app for ICS that hopefully fixes all our problems.
If you want to have it now on your phone, do the following:
- Go into your phone's settings, and click on 'Security' > scroll down and switch on 'Unknown Sources'
- Open your phone's browser and surf to 'www.spotify.com/blog
- Depending on the country you're in, the first post will be about the new beta app. If you don't see it, switch your country (below on the webpage) to Switzerland (German) (I assume it will be posted to all the other blogs later today). You will then see a big green button that says 'Herunterladen'. Press it, and it will start installing the new app on your phone.
If you want to download the apk directly, use this link: http://download.spotify.com/android/PreviewSpotify
EDIT: In another topic, a moderator posted the following link, where you can also find the big green button, without having to go through the blog: http://www.spotify.com/download/previews/
Post any questions here, and the community will help you out.
Solved! Go to Solution.
19-04-2012 11:19 AM
@YaaBooty Open your app drawer (the round button in the middle below on your homepage), the app should be there. Then long press it and release it anywhere you want the shortcut to be.
19-04-2012 11:19 AM
This is great! Looks really cool, and snappy as ever.
Only one thing.. With every new release I'm hoping for subfolders, just like the iOS version has. Will this come to Android soon?
19-04-2012 11:20 AM
Yea I like the update, looks pretty sweet but there is no way to fully exit the app so I can see..in previous app you go to the main 'home' page and hit menu buttoin then exit spotify. I used this regularly, now gone which mean spotify will run in the background?
I've installed the App, now the old shortcut no longer works,
How do i access the new installation??
You can readd the shortcut to your home screen
19-04-2012 11:26 AM
Looks good. Mine was working (albeit somewhat glitchy) with ICS on my GS2, but the new version seems more reliable initially.
1) I notice there are now "Normal", "High" and "Extreme" quality options for downloading offline music on the phone. I haven't noticed these before, what are the bitrates?
2) The desktop widget has gone - can we have it back...? :-P
3) My app seems to be automatically downloading the music to my SD card, which is good, that's what I want it to do. However, I can't find anywhere an option to chose the download destination. I'm not sure if it's downloading to my microSD card because it's worked out that's the right place (it's a little confusing on the S2, the internal memory is labeled as "sdcard" and the actual SD card is labeled "external_sd"...) or because that's where the app was previously pointed. It used to be a case of logging out, pressing the menu key and the option to chose the download destination would pop up. Where's the option now?
In any case, thanks for finally updating Android guys! :-)
19-04-2012 11:26 AM
App is looking really good. But there are some things I don't like:
- no local file import? at least i couldn't find it
- no exit button
- playlists somehow don't sync at all (HTC Desire with GB 2.3.7)
19-04-2012 11:30 AM
@matze if you longpress a playlist, the option 'download' will come up, that will make your playlist local
I don't have the problem with the playlist syncing, if I add one in my desktop app it pops up immediately on my phone, and if I remove it, it also dissappears immediately.
|Hello! Please take one minute to answer three very short questions about your support experience today.|
|Take me there||No thanks (hide)|
|Hi folks. We're aware that ... . We're investigating!|
To stay updated please come in here.
|Would you like to help QA test Connect? If so, please log in or register.|
Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.