Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify has stopped working on my Android

Solved!

Spotify has stopped working on my Android

Hello,

For about a week i haven't been able to listen to Spotify on my mobile (Samsung Galaxy S Advance. Spotify Premium). It has previously worked without any problems. When i listen to a track it stops itself just before the end of the track and then automatically logs out.This happens every time i try.  I can't download any playlists either. It says no internet connection even though I'm connected to wifi and everything else is working fine on the phone. I have tried it on my phonenetwork as well but the same problem there.

I have tried to unistall/reinstall twice but no change. In fact after the second time I reinstalled it it started the automatic logout. Before I was always logged in. My son has a Samsung Galaxy Gio and the last couple of days he has had the same problem on his phone. We share the account.

Help me please! This is driving me crazy.

Thank you in advance, Helle

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi. Could you try this:

Uninstall spotify

Remove the external SD card

Redownload spotify

Listen to or download some music

Reinsert the SD card (spotify won't be able to use it at the moment so the cache will be in internal storage)

View solution in original post

15 Replies

pretty much all of this is happening to me for the past week on my GALAXY NOTE. help!!

I am also having problems with my app! all i get is a blank screen!!!!!!! i have tried the uninstalling and reinstalling a hundred times 😞

it has already been sent off for factory reset but still doesn't work. The rest of my family still have their spotify why not me! Can anyone please help me. I have also tried to contact spotify but don't seem to be able to get through on their customer help page...does anyone know how this works.

H

E

L

P

M

E

!

!

!

TT^TT

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Digging up an old post about the blank screen issue:

Yep, devices that have an SD card slot, and use that SD card as their main memory, need to have an SD card inserted before the app will work.

It's confused due to the fact that some devices don't have SD card slots at all (they have built in memory and it's not expandable) and some others do have slots but also have internal memory they use as the main memory store.

Does your device have an SD card slot which is empty?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I am having problems signing in all of a sudden. I open Spotify, and it takes me to the have it get spotify screen. I click I already have spotify, and get taken to a log in screen. I click use my Facebook account. It briefly flashes ny playlists, then takes me back to a login screen. This time it's just for spotify account login. I tried forgot my password link, but it says I'm setup to use my Facebook account. Can't get past it and it is pissing me off!! I had no problems yesterday. I've not made any changes, so don't know why I'm having trouble all of a sudden. Help!

Hi, mine has been the same for a few days now, I really need it tomorrow as I'm on a long trip but looks like that's out of the question.

It hasn't been great for some time, downloaded playlists keep undownloading themselves but now it's completely unuseable.

My SD slot is full so it can't be that.

I've been having the same problem. I noticed that if I put the app into offline mode that the songs that I have downloaded play fine, but when I turn off the offline mode it stops just before the end of any song I choose.  I tried turning off facebook posting, sharing, and gapless playback, and it does exactly the same thing.  Stops about 90% through a song and logs out and back in.  On a HTC Amaze, with a SD card in the slot.

I am having same issue. I signed up for 30 day premium trial. It worked this am but not now. I can't even access radio. It says I need premium acct. Help

Have any of you tried a clean reinstallation today? Please give that a go to ensure you're on our latest update.

Let me know how that works for you. 

I'm also having problems, it was ok until the new version came out , 

I have a moto e running android 4.4.2 

=== START OF TEMPLATE ===

Description

Whenever I try to open the app it goes to a black screen then says "unfortunalty Spotify has stopped" it does this 15 times before taking the hint

What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?

(We need to know what you are doing so we can do the exact same to try and get the same error)

1. Updated to new version of the app

2. I tried to run it

3. I started to swear

4. I uninstalled/reinstalled several times to no effect

What I expected to happen

This is what I expected to happen

The bloody thing to open

Did you restart your device when troubleshooting in section B?

Yes,

Did you read the connection troubleshooting tips?

Yes, 

Your device

Moto e

Device’s Operating System

4.4.2 Kitkat

What type of account do you have?

Premium

(FYI for the below points: Android devices tend to refer to the internal memory as "SD Card" and the SD card you inserted yourself as "External SD Card")

Space left on your device

1.2 GB

Space left on your SD card (if applicable)

Space left on your External SD card (if applicable)

7.1 GB

Is your device rooted?

No

Are you using a custom ROM, if so which one, exactly?

No

Did you set your external SD card as storage location?

No

Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store?

Yes, tyhen uninstalled the lot set phone back to factory settings and tried again with the same problem

Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?

Yes

If you said "No", when does the issue not occur?

When using WiFi,& 2G,& 3G

My mobile Spotify version

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

n/a

My mobile provider and country

UK Vodafone, also happens via wifi

My username

Elginred.

Do you have a Spotify (non-Facebook) login?

No

Are you logging in with Facebook or with your Spotify login details?

I Can't even get to log in

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

=== END OF TEMPLATE ===

Marked as solution

Hi. Could you try this:

Uninstall spotify

Remove the external SD card

Redownload spotify

Listen to or download some music

Reinsert the SD card (spotify won't be able to use it at the moment so the cache will be in internal storage)

I don't know wh you are, but I will find you, I will track you down whereever you may try to hide and I will give you a great big sloppy kiss you bloody star,,

Fixed,, for now

LOL........I'll hold you to that!

It bloody worked!!! You're a STAR mate, many thanks....

Awesome 🙂

I am also going to find you and give you a sloppy kiss too! It did work. I almost threw my phone out the window. Thank you! !!!

Suggested posts