Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify hates children. Android bug hurting my child's ears.

Spotify hates children. Android bug hurting my child's ears.

The second most annoying bug with the Spotify Android app is the inability of the app to cross-fade between songs when you download them locally to your phone/device.  This is EXTREMELY annoying when your device is plugged into an audio jack in your car, or home theater.  When the app toggles between songs, there is a brief moment when there is a loud electronic SCRETCH (similar to microphone feedback) that is played over the speakers.

I was in my car the other day with my kids, and this sound scared both my one year old, and my 3 year old.  One was napping at the time.  Both started crying, and my car trip was absolutely terrible.

Dear Spotify, why do you hate children?  Do you really have no understanding of how your app works in the real world?  Why does your app even have a cross-fade option if it's not going to work? 

I'm a software developer, and I can tell you that incorporating this option into your application IS NOT HARD for a SMART developer.  You obviously don't have SMART developers working on your team.  FIX IT ALREADY!!!!

2 Replies

Hey 🙂 

The feature I think you are looking for is volume normalization between tracks, which has already been suggested as a future feature over on the Ideas Exchange several times, like this topic for example. If you would like it implemented as a feature, then I would suggest you give your kudos and comments on that topic. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Volume normalization might do the trick, but cross-fading is what I really want.  It's a feature that the app offers, but it simply doesn't work for locally downloaded files on my phone.  That makes absolutely no sense to me.  If you can't implement a feature that works across the board, then it shouldn't be implemented.  FIX IT.

Suggested posts