Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Still can't get offline / downloaded content to store on SD Card

Still can't get offline / downloaded content to store on SD Card

I've read all the forum stuff on this problem that I could find and the only solution I've seen doesn't fix my problem.

I have a Samsung S5 on Verizon and the main storage area is filled up.  My SD card has over 20 gb of space left.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify twice in an attempt to get it to recognize the fact that there is no more room on my device and to start storing offline content onto the SD card as the many forum users have suggested would happen.  This hasn't worked either time.  I still see no options or ways to combat this or change anything.  As soon as I start to save / download songs, they go right back to the device itself.  My phone is completely updated, running the newest Android OS available for it.

Any suggestions would be helpfu.  Thanks

2 Replies

Try the clean install guide linked in my signature. There are additional steps and information.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hey @brandonanchor and welcome to the community!

First, try what @Daniel suggested you.

You might also try the steps stated in this thread: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Android-4-4-2-Cache-on-external-SD-card-is-possible/m-p... (found here)

Suggested posts