Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The offline mode isnt working

The offline mode isnt working

I'm trying to download my playlist so that I can listen those certain songs in offline mode.

When I try to download, it starts the downloading and after downloading all the songs, nothing happens and the download has failed.

I didn't have this problem with my last phone, Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, but now I've been using Sony Xperia Ultra Z and that problem came up.

Sorry the text in these pictures are in Finnish but hope you get the point.

Screenshots of my phone when:

1) I check the playlist

2) I try to download

3) See that the download has failed again

1.png3.png2.png

10 Replies

Have you got enough free space in your phone, Spotify desn't start syncing if there arelesss than 500 mb.

You can try logging out/logging in, if it doesn't work, you must reinstall the app.

if it doesn't solve the problem you should contact with Spotify Consumer Support filling this contact form, or tweeting to @SpotifyCares (ENG), @SpotifyAyuda (ESP) or @SpotifyAjuda (PT).

If you receive an automated email that leads you back to the community or help pages, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and one of the Spotify team members will get back to you as soon as possible.

Don't forget to check your Spam Box 😉

Im havin this exact problem. After syncin all songs, they just disappear. 

@allu3 & @Goofy Let's try some troubleshooting before you need to try a different help channel.

Could you provide the following details for us:

1. Exact device

2. Device's OS

3. The Spotify app version installed

Make sure you aren't trying to sync more than 3,333 songs per device. If you're still having trouble be sure to try a clean reinstallation as well. 

Please let us know how that goes for you, thanks!

When i use offline or online , my data usage stays the same.....

Offline is NOT working...

SPOTIFY SUCKS FOR ME NOW MORE AND MORE ESPECIALLY BECAUSE THE FOLKS FROM SPOTIFY DONT REPLY TO OUR QUESTIONS.THEY ONLY COLLECT OUR MONEY......

@thai2000 

Have you made sure that you downloaded your playlists for offline use?

To make sure the app doesn't use data in offline mode:

Go into the app settings under "playback" and switch on the toggle for "offline mode"

This will make sure the app is in offline mode and for sure will not use any data.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Details

Device: Nexus 5

System: 5.0.1 Lollipop (LRX22C)

Spotify version: 2.1.0.903

Wrong ... it uses data also when i am in offline mode. I think its with that stupid connect thing that allways pops up when another song starts to play STOP CONNECT ...

This is the exact problem I am having.

Spotify no longer allows me to download albums offline - they download look as if they are there and then they are gone next time I open the app. If I allow the setting 'sync over cellular' it works as a work-around but this is a cumbersome and tiresome process.

I am using: 

OnePlusOne

Android 4.4.4

Premium Spotify user

Over 500mb space on phone.

Now I've "fixed it": I put all my songs I'd like to download to different folder and then it works.

Only time it doesn't work is when I try to download my Starred songs - playlist..

Actually, one of the latest updates has fixed it for me. Syncin seems to be working now.

Suggested posts