Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Transferring music from PC to Android without downloading

Transferring music from PC to Android without downloading

Hi. 

i have been using spotify premium on my Samsung Galaxy Note and have been loving it. my downloaded playlist has reached about 7GB. this 7GB of music is stored on both my PC and my Samsung Galaxy note.

i however, just got a new Samsung Galaxy note 2 which i am having a few issues with. i wish to transfer all my music from either my First Samsung Note, or my PC without having to redownload anything (i'm on a small bandwidth per month)
Now when i have my FIRST galaxy note on the same network as my dekstop, it shows on my desktop spotify app that my Samsung has been connected and i have the choice to sync it. this however, doesn't happen on my Samsung Note 2. i am selling my first galaxy note very very soon and i want a source of portable music so any help is very greatly appreciated. 

3 Replies

@JoshDubstep wrote:

Hi. 

i have been using spotify premium on my Samsung Galaxy Note and have been loving it. my downloaded playlist has reached about 7GB. this 7GB of music is stored on both my PC and my Samsung Galaxy note.

i however, just got a new Samsung Galaxy note 2 which i am having a few issues with. i wish to transfer all my music from either my First Samsung Note, or my PC without having to redownload anything (i'm on a small bandwidth per month)
Now when i have my FIRST galaxy note on the same network as my dekstop, it shows on my desktop spotify app that my Samsung has been connected and i have the choice to sync it. this however, doesn't happen on my Samsung Note 2. i am selling my first galaxy note very very soon and i want a source of portable music so any help is very greatly appreciated. 

You cannot sync downloaded offline tracks - you have to redownload them.

This is because all of the downloaded tracks are DRM-locked to the device they are downlaoded to, and cannot be decrypted on another device.

If both your phone and pc are on the same network you should be able to see your devices under the Devices section of the desktop app - choose to sync from there and the files are syncd over your wifi I believe instead of being completely redownloaded. Might not work if you choose different quality settings between the two though
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

That's fine if you have music files on your PC which you don't want to listen to with spotify rather than listening offline to spotify content which you don't already own.

Suggested posts