Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unknown error code "-24"

Solved!

Unknown error code "-24"

I recently factory reset my Samsung Galaxy S3 as it was freezing on me. With that everything redownlaoded via Google Play automatically except Spotify. When I tried manually it downloads and goes to install and a message comes up stating Unkown error code during application installtiion. "-24"

Can anyone help as to what the problem might be. Ive restarted etc and doesnt work.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@monkeysee wrote:

Thanks so much but still no action. After install option from opening this file...its result just says

Spotify (with logo)

X Application not Installed

Ok, this is very strange. That indicates that the launcher activity cannot be found. Please try wiping your device again, and also upgrading to the latest OS if available.

You should then try to reinstall from Google Play, or if that doesn't work install the apk linked above.

(Tip: Don't select to restore your data. That feature is very buggy.)

View solution in original post

21 Replies

@monkeysee wrote:

I recently factory reset my Samsung Galaxy S3 as it was freezing on me. With that everything redownlaoded via Google Play automatically except Spotify. When I tried manually it downloads and goes to install and a message comes up stating Unkown error code during application installtiion. "-24"

Can anyone help as to what the problem might be. Ive restarted etc and doesnt work.

Thanks

This sounds more like a Google Play store issue than a Spotify issue, however I will still help you 😉

First off, reboot your device, and ensure you are logged into the Talk app 🙂

If that fails to work, go into your internal and external storage and delete all mention of Spotify 🙂

Are you rooted?

Thanks.whats the talk app? Do you know where spotify files sit internally and externally?

@monkeysee wrote:
Thanks.whats the talk app? Do you know where spotify files sit internally and externally?

Internally:

They are in the /data directory. This was erased when you did a factory reset.

Externally:

(the folders may be called something else)

/sdcard/Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui

The talk app is the Google Talk app, and it controls all aspects of Google on an Android device 🙂

Thanks for your help.no trace of spotify on drives.no idea what google talk is.it doesnt appear as an app via applications nor google play. Have checked online and it comes as google chat.not sure how that linked to google play...

@monkeysee wrote:
Thanks for your help.no trace of spotify on drives.no idea what google talk is.it doesnt appear as an app via applications nor google play. Have checked online and it comes as google chat.not sure how that linked to google play...

Talk is the app for google talk, or google chat.

It is the root of the gApps. Without it, Google Play wouldn't work.

It could be called gTalk, or just Talk. It has a 'Talk' icon though.

Sorry but google play works perfectly. No idea about the chat thing it isnt making any sense to me. Its just spotify that isnt working. ..doesnt seem like a problem with play

Does pointing your mobile browser to m.spotify.com and following the prompts to download manually work? (Also moving this to the android section)

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@Hammeh wrote:

Does pointing your mobile browser to m.spotify.com and following the prompts to download manually work? (Also moving this to the android section)

Peter

It's about Google Play not downloading the app, not the actual spotify app = Off Topic 🙂

(That link also just directs the user to the google play listing)

@monkeysee wrote:
Sorry but google play works perfectly. No idea about the chat thing it isnt making any sense to me. Its just spotify that isnt working. ..doesnt seem like a problem with play

It isn't a Spotify error until it is installed - and it is Google Play's error when it won't install.

Google play is on android though right?

Nothing says it has to be directly a Spotify issue to be on the android section. Surely if someone was having an issue downloading the client on Windows, that is a Windows board topic not off topic.  

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

thanks so much to you all for helping. i know this is a pain!

Peter: I just tried manual download and install and upon execution it just comes up with e X Application Not Installed. I also tried to execute the download from mircosd card and from internal drive. this is curious. Basically when I hard reset google play was excellent in automatically reinstalling every app but just not spotify...

i have had tons of problems with the phone in the last few weeks - crashing, freezing, rebooting etc..I am tempted to go with phone to carfonewharehouse and get it replaced...

any tip though is appreciated. i've just download further apps. its just spefically spotify...

If you go to the Google play website and try to install via there what happens?

On a desktop BTW 🙂

Same thing from dolphin browser accessing google play...tries to install then error 24

Sorry to hear you're running into these sorts of issues - certainly very weird that you're mainly experiencing these installing issues with Spotify. It's also odd that you're running into this after a factory reset of your phone.

Have you tried updating your phone's operating system again recently? Or was the factory reset to avoid doing that? 

Airhorn Enthusiast

thanks! yes I did the factory reset to fix a few prblems. The phone seems fine except this install. it sounds like a google play issue "error -24" although odd that no problem with any other app apart from Spot.

Last post of the day 😛

Please try and manually install the latest version located here 🙂 

Thanks so much but still no action. After install option from opening this file...its result just says

Spotify (with logo)

Marked as solution

@monkeysee wrote:

Spotify (with logo)

Ok, this is very strange. That indicates that the launcher activity cannot be found. Please try wiping your device again, and also upgrading to the latest OS if available.

You should then try to reinstall from Google Play, or if that doesn't work install the apk linked above.

(Tip: Don't select to restore your data. That feature is very buggy.)

thanks all. did a hard reset and it seems all fine now. its appreciated how quickly you all responded. 

Suggested posts