Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

a few gripes with android spotify

a few gripes with android spotify

1. I have been prompted three times today to link to facebook.  I didn't want to link to facebook when I signed up.  I didn't want to link to facebook a couple of months ago when I complained about this constant pestering on the old support forums.  I don't want to link to facebook today and I won't want to link to facebook tomorrow, or next week, or ever.  Is there any chance you could actually take "No thanks" as a "No thanks" instead of a "Please ask me again in half an hour"?  I don't quite see why this is so difficult.

2. It is obsessed with insisting that I’m offline when I’m really not.  I’m in central london, I have full bars of reception, I’m surfing the internet happily, but as far as spotify is concerned... I’m offline.   Now I know that mobile connectivity is flaky and this is probably just one of those things that can’t really be helped sometimes, but there are some things that could be added to mitigate the annoyance –

(a) perhaps a button that says “No, I’m really not offline, try again please”, instead of just waiting for the app to ‘wake up’ to reality,

(b) remembering “where I was” – at the moment I find I can be in the middle of a tune, it’ll decide I’m offline for 2 seconds, and then when it realises I'm not, it drops me back to a blank homescreen.  It would be nice if, when it comes “back” online, it could preserve state of which tune/album/playlist I had active and where within that I was. 

(c) scrobbling in offline mode does not seem to work, I may be wrong on this but as far as I could tell it does not attempt to cache scrobbles and submit them when connectivity is restored, they are just lost forever, this makes offline mode fairly useless to me.

I hope these can be addressed, I always said the £5/month for unlimited was one of the most no-brainer outgoings on my books, but the additional fiver for premium is much less satisfying at the moment.

On a side note I have also just encountered a gripe with the forum software... you could either force people to log in / sign up before even showing them the “make a post” box.  Or you could let them make a post without logging and prompt for logging in after that, keeping the message they just typed in memory.  However making a forum that lets you type a big message and then when you click submit says “Authentication mismatch” and your message is thrown away and needs typing all over again.... that's annoying.

2 Replies

I'm having problems with this facebook bull**bleep** as well. For the love of god; make it stop!!

just done it to me again.

i wonder if spotify would start showing any signs of caring if I cancelled premium.  judging by the other posts in this forum, probably not.

Suggested posts