Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Controls disappear when a podcast ad is skipped forward

Here's a terrible customer experience I keep having:A podcast ad startsI use the skip 15 buttonAll controls disappear(Since this doesn't happen literally every time, I sometimes tap the button a few times, but when it disappears, I end up clicking so...

• Regular
  • Here's a terrible customer experience I keep having: A podcast ad starts I use the skip 15 button All controls disappear (Since this doesn't happen literally every time, I sometimes tap the butt...
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist repeat button is missing

About 2 days ago my playlist repeat button disappeared. I still can repeat individual songs. But I use the playlist repeat button all the time and now its gone and automatically plays recommended songs once the playlist is done.

• Visitor
  • About 2 days ago my playlist repeat button disappeared. I still can repeat individual songs. But I use the playlist repeat button all the time and now its gone and automatically plays recommended s...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't find the download button in my playlist

When I searched up in YouTube I found that people know where is it but when I do what they say nothing happens it just doesn't show

• Visitor
  • When I searched up in YouTube I found that people know where is it but when I do what they say nothing happens it just doesn't show
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution no internet connection available / you are offline on mobile data

Yes, that issue again. I've been having this problem for more than one full month now, and I have tried EVERYTHING I could find. I've read all the threads, I've watched loads of videos, read multiple articles on the issue, and along the way, got more...

• Regular
  • Yes, that issue again. I've been having this problem for more than one full month now, and I have tried EVERYTHING I could find. I've read all the threads, I've watched loads of videos, read multiple...
  • Lyubka
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

The Play Queue only take 80 songs

I have some playlists with more than 80 songs, but when i want to play one the Play Queue only take 80 songs and i can´t listen all my playlist on the same play queue. It hapen on my PC and my android

• I have some playlists with more than 80 songs, but when i want to play one  the Play Queue only take 80 songs and i can´t listen all my playlist on the same play queue.  It hapen on my PC ...
  • kingingold
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Overlapping buttons in the player.

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceFairphone 4Operating SystemAndroid 13 My Question or IssueOn the latest update there is an overlapping button on the topbar in the player; the play and options button. Steps to reproduceThe issue is most visible on ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device Fairphone 4 Operating System Android 13   My Question or Issue On the latest update there is an overlapping button on the topbar in the player; ...
  • faultym
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    player
    UI
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify keeps forgetting my queue and playlist

After random times of pausing music (can be 5-10 minutes, can last until the next day sometimes) Spotify forgets what playlist I was listening to and typically the queue is now the last song played and usually the next 2 after it, and forgets everyth...

• After random times of pausing music (can be 5-10 minutes, can last until the next day sometimes) Spotify forgets what playlist I was listening to and typically the queue is now the last song played a...
  • AmaniHiphop
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Re: [All Platforms] Songs in the Play Queue duplicate and repeat

Issue started happening in DecemberMy device: Samsung Galaxy S21 5G, Android 13Spotify Version 8.8.2.434 When I stop playing from a playlist and come back to it, sometimes the same 2-4 songs just repeatedly loop until I pick another playlist and come...

• Issue started happening in December My device: Samsung Galaxy S21 5G, Android 13 Spotify Version 8.8.2.434   When I stop playing from a playlist and come back to it, sometimes the same 2-4 s...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Denon and Spotify Connect - only for premium users

PlanFreeCountryAustraliaDeviceSamsung S7 - Denon AVR-x1000Operating SystemAndroid 8.0 I have recently updated firmware on my Denon AVR-X1000 receiver hoping to be able to use Spotify Connect as I have heard that it will be available for Spotify Free ...

Screenshot_20190420-002131_Spotify.jpg
  •   Plan Free Country Australia Device Samsung S7 - Denon AVR-x1000 Operating System Android 8.0   I have recently updated firmware on my Denon AVR-X1000 receiver hoping to be able ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Facebook messenger completly stops spotify playing

Whenever I get a messenger notification, spotify will completely stopPlanPremiumCountryNew Zealand DeviceSamsung galaxy tab lite My Question or IssueEvery time someone messages on fb messenger spotify will completely stop until I press play again. Do...

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I get a messenger notification, spotify will completely stop Plan Premium Country New Zealand   Device Samsung galaxy tab lite   My Question or Issue Every time someone m...
  • Lyubka
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How to keep my screen ON

PlanPremiumCountryPortugalDeviceXiaomi Note 11Operating SystemMIUI 13.02 My Question or IssueWhen I'm using spotify my screen automatically turns off after a few seconds, wich is natural and expected, but I often find this to be an inconvenience as I...

• Plan Premium Country Portugal Device Xiaomi Note 11 Operating System MIUI 13.02   My Question or Issue When I'm using spotify my screen automatically turns off after a few seconds, wic...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.spotify.music/com.spotify.log

PlanPremiumCountryMexicoDeviceSamsung Galaxy S20+Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueSpofity crashes even after a clean resintall.1-23 21:20:04.299 W/ActivityManager( 961): Slow operation: 53ms so far, now at startProcess: starting to update ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Mexico Device Samsung Galaxy S20+ Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Spofity crashes even after a clean resintall. 1-23 21:20:04.299 W/ActivityMana...
  • rodohale
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Keeps Crashing When Connected to Bluetooth Headphones

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDevice(Samsung Galaxy 21)Operating System(Android 13) My Question or IssueMy Spotify recently stated crashing as soon as I open it when connected to my headphones. It only happens when connected to my headphones, not all Bluet...

• Plan Premium Country Canada Device (Samsung Galaxy 21) Operating System (Android 13)   My Question or Issue My Spotify recently stated crashing as soon as I open it when connected to m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify app while driving automatically switches to other device(desktop PC).

PlanPremiumDeviceSamsung S20 FE 5GOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueWhile driving in my car listening to Spotify, connected to car stereo device through blutooth, at some random point it switches to wanting to play on my desktop pc at hom...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device Samsung S20 FE 5G Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue While driving in my car listening to Spotify, connected to car stereo device through blutooth, at some ra...
  • AlejaR
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Stop spotify from automatically playing when earbuds connect

I use earbuds on my phone & laptop for work but when I connect them Spotify automatically starts playing random music. How do I stop this from happening?

• Visitor
  • I use earbuds on my phone & laptop for work but when I connect them Spotify automatically starts playing random music. How do I stop this from happening?
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

How do I stop Spotify playing automatically as soon as my phone connects to a Bluetooth device?

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceSamsung Galaxy S22Operating SystemAndroid 13 My Question or IssueAs soon as I get into my car and turn the engine on, my phone finds the stereo, opens Spotify and plays whatever I was last listening to. I need Bluetooth to c...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Samsung Galaxy S22 Operating System Android 13   My Question or Issue As soon as I get into my car and turn the engine on, my phone finds the stereo, ope...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs are only playing half way through then switching to the next song

I start listening to a song, it only plays half of the song then switches to the next song on the list

• Visitor
  • I start listening to a song, it only plays half of the song then switches to the next song on the list
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

my backing tracks play on my computer but they are greyed out and wont play on my android phone. say

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issuebacking tracks play on computer but are greyed out on my new phone and dont play. says i need...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue backing...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution The same ad constantly repeats at the time on my phone

It's been almost one year since i'm still stuck in this loophole with the same ads, i first experienced it in March and these are Lotus's ads, i experienced it again some months later with UTP and HLB Connect, and now even worse... when i logged into...

lotus ads.png utp ads.png just hlb connect it.png photo_2023-01-08_13-24-13.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • It's been almost one year since i'm still stuck in this loophole with the same ads, i first experienced it in March and these are Lotus's ads, i experienced it again some months later with UTP and HL...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 13
    android bug
    audio advertisements
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes