Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Clear Queue

I did a search, and Spotify claims this has been implemented, but it doesn’t show up. There needs to be a way to clear the entire play queue. Tried a clean install, and still doesn’t show up. Come on Spotify, if its implemented, roll it out to everyo...

• I did a search, and Spotify claims this has been implemented, but it doesn’t show up. There needs to be a way to clear the entire play queue. Tried a clean install, and still doesn’t show up.  C...
  • DCinCali14
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Weird Spotify App behavior that I wish could be improved (collection)

PlanPremium (but doesn't matter)CountryGermany (but doesn't matter) DeviceOnePlus 3 (but probably doesn't matter)Operating SystemAndroid 7.1.1 (but probably doesn't matter) My Question or IssueI few things relly annoy me in the App, so I collect them...

matzel_0-1669623250240.png matzel_1-1669623257138.png
  • Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium (but doesn't matter) Country Germany (but doesn't matter)   Device OnePlus 3 (but probably doesn't matter) Operating System Android 7.1.1 (but probably doesn't mat...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Alarm only plays for 9 seconds

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceGoogle Pixel 7 ProOperating SystemAndroid 13 My Question or IssueMy morning alarm is linked to my Spotify playlist, however, it only plays for 9 seconds and then stops. The screens shows that it is ringing and I can swip...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Google Pixel 7 Pro Operating System Android 13   My Question or Issue My morning alarm is linked to my Spotify playlist, however, it only plays for 9...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Device not compatible

I am trying to install the spotify app after a reset but I get the "device not compatible error". I tried playing music using the web browser (chrome, updated) but I am being constantly redirected to the playstore where I get the error message.Does t...

• Visitor
  • I am trying to install the spotify app after a reset but I get the "device not compatible error". I tried playing music using the web browser (chrome, updated) but I am being constantly redirected to...
  • AlejaR
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing Tracks on Albums

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceLG V60ThinQOperating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueSome tracks on the explicit version of "The College Dropout" by Kanye West are unavailable on my phone and web player, but show up on my friends iPhones. The edited...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country US Device LG V60ThinQ Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Some tracks on the explicit version of "The College Dropout" by Kanye West are unavailab...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Is it possible to change default speaker on android app

Hi All, I use the spotify android app on my samsung phone to control my music. No problems listening to music on my living room speakers once I first manually choose them in the app but if I use a voice command to change a song ,the app reverts to pl...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi All,   I use the spotify android app on my samsung phone to control my music.  No problems listening to music on my living room speakers once I first manually choose them in the app bu...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android TV app] "Liked" Playlist is missing among recent music on Home screen

This is specific to Android TV app (com.spotify.tv.android v.1.70.3) and I've tested it with various user accounts. When you open the app, on the homescreen you expect to see your most recently played playlists. However, despite "Liked Songs" being t...

• Regular
  • This is specific to Android TV app (com.spotify.tv.android v.1.70.3) and I've tested it with various user accounts.   When you open the app, on the homescreen you expect to see your most recen...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android TV
    HomeScreen
    Recently Played
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Lokal songs greyed out

So I've recently found out that you can add local data to your Spotify. I use the app on my phone so I added all the songs I had downloaded to my Spotify. I was very happy that by liking them I can add them to my liked songs playlist and also add tho...

• So I've recently found out that you can add local data to your Spotify. I use the app on my phone so I added all the songs I had downloaded to my Spotify. I was very happy that by liking them I can a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Make the add feature only add songs based on the playlist

Hi,I just tried out the "add songs" feature and unfortunately it doesn't seem to work as intended.I do listen to mostly electronic "pop" music but while working i listen to jazz in the background. Unfortunately, when adding to the "my songs" playlist...

• Regular
  • Hi, I just tried out the "add songs" feature and unfortunately it doesn't seem to work as intended. I do listen to mostly electronic "pop" music but while working i listen to jazz in the background...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How do I add widget to lock screen?

I used to see a spotify widget on my lock screen but it's not there anymore and I can't figure out how to get it back. I have a Samsung.

• Visitor
  • I used to see a spotify widget on my lock screen but it's not there anymore and I can't figure out how to get it back. I have a Samsung.
  • Eni
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution music quality having it downloaded

PlanPremiumDeviceXiaomi redmi note 8 pro Operating SystemAndroid 11 I have a doubt that if I download music with premium, the quality of the music with an internet connection will be the same quality as when I download the songs? plz helppp 沈

• Plan Premium Device Xiaomi redmi note 8 pro  Operating System Android 11   I have a doubt that if I download music with premium, the quality of the music with an internet connection ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify has royally F***** up the layout where has the all songs list gone?

PlanPremiumOperating SystemAndroidMy Question or IssueWhat happened to the old library layout with the tabs for songs/artists/albums? I have a massive collection of saved songs and thanks to someone screwing with a perfectly good app I can now no lon...

•   Plan Premium Operating System Android My Question or Issue What happened to the old library layout with the tabs for songs/artists/albums? I have a massive collection of saved songs and ...
  • saenz
  • 5 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 11 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify App doesn't work after signing out everywhere

CountryItalyDeviceSamsung Galaxy A51Operating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueHello everyone, I've been facing an issue for a few days: I had noticed my account was somehow compromised because someone was using it to listen to an artist in parti...

• Country Italy Device Samsung Galaxy A51 Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue Hello everyone, I've been facing an issue for a few days: I had noticed my account was somehow ...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Scrolling doesn't work properly in playlists

PlanPremium (but doesn't matter)CountryGermany (but doesn't matter) DeviceOnePlus 3Operating SystemAndroid 7.1.1 My Question or IssueIn the Spotify Android App, when I use the scroll bar in playlists at the very right, the scroll bar and my finger to...

matzel_0-1669543526322.png
  • Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium (but doesn't matter) Country Germany (but doesn't matter)   Device OnePlus 3 Operating System Android 7.1.1   My Question or Issue In the Spotify Android App, when I...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cant listen to 1 particular podcast on android.

Hello I'm living in Ireland and am a premium member. My device is an android A41. My Question or IssueI am trying to listen to a podcast (the global news podcast) on my phone but it won't play. I can listen to music and other podcasts on my android I...

• Hello I'm living in Ireland and am a premium member. My device is an android A41.   My Question or Issue I am trying to listen to a podcast (the global news podcast) on my phone but it won't ...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Error when removing song that appears multiple time in play queue.

I use the play queue a lot, and I've noticed some problems in the new "Up next" version. If the same song appears several times in the queue, and I check one of them and select "remove", then all occurrences disappear.

• Casual Listener
  • I use the play queue a lot, and I've noticed some problems in the new "Up next" version. If the same song appears several times in the queue, and I check one of them and select "remove", then all occ...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    queue
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! How to stop from automatically downloading saved albums?

Recently all my downloaded files were deleted, so to redownload my music again I used the solution to go to Song in my library and press Download. Now whenever I save a new album, the songs are automatically downloaded. This is not something I want, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Recently all my downloaded files were deleted, so to redownload my music again I used the solution to go to Song in my library and press Download.    Now whenever I save a new album, the ...
  • 14stepstoVerify1opin
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My account doesn't have some features

PlanFreeCountryIndiaDeviceAll devices Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueMy account doesn't have some features that I used to have like queue, previous track and skipping a song to the middleThis is only to my accountI tried in other devices...

Screenshot_2022-11-26-22-55-08-27_0438eb925998df20b3482ec25499d226.jpg Screenshot_2022-11-26-22-55-24-04_0438eb925998df20b3482ec25499d226.jpg
  •   Plan Free Country India Device All devices  Operating System Android    My Question or Issue My account doesn't have some features that I used to have like queue, pre...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Have Pixel Pro 7, Android 13 album art now showing up up on car bluetooth connection.

I have a Pixel Pro 7. Since getting this phone, my Spotify album art no longer shows up in my Hyundai Santa Fe 2021. I never had a problem until I got this new phone. Previously I had a Samsung S21+ and everything worked great. Is this an OS issue? I...

• I have a Pixel Pro 7. Since getting this phone, my Spotify album art no longer shows up in my Hyundai Santa Fe 2021. I never had a problem until I got this new phone. Previously I had a Samsung S21+ ...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Transparent background on spotify?

Hello folks! I wonder if your spotify developer can make so the users can choose if they want background or transperent background on the spotify widget!  Thanks in advance!

• Casual Listener
  • Hello folks!   I wonder if your spotify developer can make so the users can choose if they want background or transperent background on the spotify widget!     Thanks ...
  • JustNaeem
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes