Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Why are my local files not showing up?

None of my local files are showing up in my mobile app, I've tried opening the files with Spotify and nothing happens it just shows me the empty playlist, reset phone multiple times and app is up to date, pixel 5a Android 13

• Visitor
  • None of my local files are showing up in my mobile app, I've tried opening the files with Spotify and nothing happens it just shows me the empty playlist, reset phone multiple times and app is up to ...
  • AlejaR
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution the mobile app get stuck on a gray screen upon login

i have more than enough space for the app on my phone, but every time i try to log into my account, it gets stuck on a gray screen and wont go past it. i have tried reinstalling, cache clearing, and phone resets, yet nothing helps.

• Visitor
  • i have more than enough space for the app on my phone, but every time i try to log into my account, it gets stuck on a gray screen and wont go past it. i have tried reinstalling, cache clearing, and ...
  • OscarDC
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Issue with Podcast "new episode" Notifications

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy S20Operating SystemAndroid 12/Samsung One UI 4 My Question or IssueI've setup about 20 podcasts to notify me when new episodes arrive and it only works occasionally. For example, last night I got about 10 new...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy S20 Operating System Android 12/Samsung One UI 4   My Question or Issue I've setup about 20 podcasts to notify me when new episodes arriv...
  • AndyVillaR
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution 'Add to Playlist' - playlist order is random

PremiumCountry Germany Device(Samsung Galaxy S7)Operating System(Android) My Question or Issue When I listen to a song and I want to add it to my playlists the order of the playlists is completely random.(I think this is like that since approximately...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium Country Germany   Device (Samsung Galaxy S7) Operating System (Android)   My Question or Issue   When I listen to a song and I want to add it to my playlists the orde...
  • Lucien1111
  • 26 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 26 replies
  • 12 likes

Superuser Contribution Lyrics feature has completely disappeared on Android

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevice(Galaxy S21 5G)Operating System(Android 12) My Question or IssueI reinstalled the Spotify App in order to fix a separate issue I was having and now the lyrics feature has completely disappeared on all songs. I use...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device (Galaxy S21 5G) Operating System (Android 12)   My Question or Issue I reinstalled the Spotify App in order to fix a separate issue I was havi...
  • Lyubka
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Is there a way to play podcasts on shuffle?

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceSamsungOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueHi, I have some episodes downloaded from various podcasts.I added them all to a playlist. But there does not seem to be an option to play them in shuffle mode. Is there a way...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country   Device Samsung Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Hi, I have some episodes downloaded from various podcasts. I added them all to a pla...
  • lshalev
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music stops and a voice tells the time

Hello everyone, Sometimes when I listen to music with a headphone, with cable and no fancy control buttons, the music stops for a moment and a voice tells me what time it is. I generally have Google assistant turned of and no app does something like ...

• Visitor
  • Hello everyone,   Sometimes when I listen to music with a headphone, with cable and no fancy control buttons, the music stops for a moment and a voice tells me what time it is. I generally hav...
  • AlejaR
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Hide a Song feature should be moved

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceGoogle Pixel 3Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueCan you please move the Hide a Song feature? Every time I go to add a song to my playlist, I accidentally hide the song. This is very frustrating as the Ad...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Google Pixel 3 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Can you please move the Hide a Song feature? Every time I go to add a song to m...
  • SoSoJuicy
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Add a Song
    Android
    Feature
    Hide a Song
    Mobile
    Premium
    united states
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes

Pause, and STAY paused

Hello,Can you please fix Spotify's player to allow for it to stay on pause while the user skips songs? Right now, when I pause a song and skip to the next track, Spotify starts playing that next song. The problem is that if I want to cue up the next ...

• Hello, Can you please fix Spotify's player to allow for it to stay on pause while the user skips songs? Right now, when I pause a song and skip to the next track, Spotify starts playing that next so...
  • ScottL25
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution music not downloading

When choosing to download a playlist I just get a loading circle going around and the playlist never seems to download so I can play in an offline mode.

• Casual Listener
  • When choosing to download a playlist I just get a loading circle going around and the playlist never seems to download so I can play in an offline mode.
  • stuartsafc
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Download song supposed

Morning I buy70sen song download not supposed

• Visitor
  • Morning I buy70sen song download not supposed
  • AlejaR
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify app not loading albums

I recently downloaded the Spotify app on my android and its not functioning properly. I am living in the united states and I have switched to a new android phone. Spotify in my previous phone was fine but this one is not loading albums

• Casual Listener
  • I recently downloaded the Spotify app on my android and its not functioning properly. I am living in the united states and I have switched to a new android phone. Spotify in my previous phone was fin...
  • OscarDC
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Mini

PlanMiniCountryVietnamDeviceSamsung galaxy A32My Question or Issuei have bought a mini for a week on 19th october, but when i started to download they said "device limit reached" although i just have had a phone and a laptop, but the mini plan was ju...

• Visitor
  • Plan Mini Country Vietnam Device Samsung galaxy A32 My Question or Issue i have bought a mini for a week on 19th october, but when i started to download they said "device limit reached" althou...
  • MihailY
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can play individual tracks, but if I click on an album, I get blank page

Running on Lenovo TAB 10 (Android). Spotify worked fine for years. Individual tracks play fine, but now if I click on an album, I just get a blank page where the track listing used to be. I have two identical tablets showing the same issue. Both tabl...

• Visitor
  • Running on Lenovo TAB 10 (Android). Spotify worked fine for years. Individual tracks play fine, but now if I click on an album, I just get a blank page where the track listing used to be. I have two ...
  • MihailY
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution google cast refuses to play specific song

I noticed this morning when trying to cast to my nest display that it is struggling significantly to play specific songs. If I start the song elsewhere and cast to it, the cast screen will come up but the screen will remain blankIf I open spotify fro...

• Regular
  • I noticed this morning when trying to cast to my nest display that it is struggling significantly to play specific songs.   If I start the song elsewhere and cast to it, the cast screen will ...
  • AlejaR
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Volume Slider no longer available

Is there a way to change the layout of the volume adjuster? Up until a few days ago I've been using the volume sliding layout on my phone when I connect to the Spotify on PS where I can slide the button from lowest to highest but after connecting my ...

• Visitor
  • Is there a way to change the layout of the volume adjuster? Up until a few days ago I've been using the volume sliding layout on my phone when I connect to the Spotify on PS where I can slide the but...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Removing a banned playlist from libary

Another user got their playlist banned and I can't remove it from my library after it no longer exists

• Visitor
  • Another user got their playlist banned and I can't remove it from my library after it no longer exists
  • MihailY
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! next/previous song buttons in Google Maps are inactive

After one of the latest updates (8.7.72.546) I can only start playback from Google Maps navigation view, but next/previous song buttons are inactive (grayed out). I've checked this with one older (8.7.58.455) version found (I uninstalled current vers...

• Regular
  • After one of the latest updates (8.7.72.546) I can only start playback from Google Maps navigation view, but next/previous song buttons are inactive (grayed out).   I've checked this with one ...
  • lostechoes
  • Roadie
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes