Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloading issues on samsung galaxy s22 ultra

PlanPremiumCountryGermany DeviceSamsung Galaxy S22 ultraOperating SystemAndroid 12 My Question or IssueI am not able to download Songs on my library and if it happens it Downloads slow and not completely. And if i like a new Song or so and want to do...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Germany   Device Samsung Galaxy S22 ultra Operating System Android 12   My Question or Issue I am not able to download Songs on my library and if it ha...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

The controls on my lock screen are almost invisible when using dark mode

Question or IssuePlanPremiumCountry DeviceAsus ROG phone 2Operating SystemAndroid? My Question or IssueThe controls on my lock screen are almost invisible when using dark mode, even with my screen brightness on max its visibility is still nonexistant...

• Question or Issue Plan Premium Country   Device Asus ROG phone 2 Operating System Android?   My Question or Issue The controls on my lock screen are almost invisible when using d...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local File Access

PlanFamily PremiumCountryCanada DeviceSamsung A53 5G Operating SystemAndroid Oreo? My Question or IssueSpotify local files keeps adding my Voice Recorder files to it's list. I've gone through my settings on both apps, deleted/moved all files and rete...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Family Premium Country Canada   Device Samsung A53 5G   Operating System Android Oreo?   My Question or Issue Spotify local files keeps adding my Voice Re...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify has the worst user experience in history

Been a Spotify Premium user for about 4 years now. Initially it was great, but their software is absolute garbage now. My phone, PC, and Alexa are all less than two years old, kept up to date and regularly restarted. Apps have been reinstalled multip...

• Been a Spotify Premium user for about 4 years now. Initially it was great, but their software is absolute garbage now. My phone, PC, and Alexa are all less than two years old, kept up to date and reg...
  • AndreasVX
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 21 likes

Superuser Contribution Autoplay does not work

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDeviceSamsung Galaxy S10+Operating System Android 12My Question or Issue Autoplay does not work if i have chosen songs for the qaiting list, or if i have chosen only one song. The app plays only the songs i have chosen. It do...

• Plan Premium Country Finland Device Samsung Galaxy S10+ Operating System  Android 12 My Question or Issue   Autoplay does not work if i have chosen songs for the qaiting list, or ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android][Playlists] Playlist default order

I noticed my imminent request has been refused at least twice. However, as a music lover and a developer myself, and most of all, as a frequent Spotify user, I believe the playlist default order should be from the most recently added. Every time I ge...

• Visitor
  • I noticed my imminent request has been refused at least twice. However, as a music lover and a developer myself, and most of all, as a frequent Spotify user, I believe the playlist default order shou...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't connect to Sonos speakers vie Spotify app (but the reverse works)

Hi, I have a Premium plan; the problem here appears on the android app as well as the Web player (Firefox Linux).I have a few Sonos speakers, my Sonos account has been linked to my Spotify account properly.Since a few days, I can still play Spotify c...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I have a Premium plan; the problem here appears on the android app as well as the Web player (Firefox Linux). I have a few Sonos speakers, my Sonos account has been linked to my Spotify...
  • bestouff
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution app doesn't advance to the next song when playing to sonos

Plan - PremiumCountry - USADevice - Pixel 5OS - Android 11 When playing to my Sonos Move the app sometimes gets 'stuck' on one song and shows the current time beyond the end of the song, even when the next song is actually playing. See the screenshot...

• Visitor
  • Plan - Premium Country -  USA Device - Pixel 5 OS - Android 11   When playing to my Sonos Move the app sometimes gets 'stuck' on one song and shows the current time beyond the end of t...
  • OscarDC
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution First song on album plays then reverts to previous album

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevicePoco M4 ProOperating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueI search for an album to play. Hit the green button to play. First track is played. Then, instead of playing track 2, it reverts back to whatever I was playing previo...

• Plan Premium Country UK Device Poco M4 Pro Operating System Android 11    My Question or Issue I search for an album to play. Hit the green button to play. First track is played. ...
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Hiding a track in made for you playlist doesn't skip to next track

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDevicePixel 6Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueIf I click on the button to hide a track in a made for you playlist like Discover Weekly or Release Radar, the track keeps playing instead of advancing to the next ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Pixel 6 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue If I click on the button to hide a track in a made for you playlist like Discover W...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify (premium) cannot connect via WiFi

Plan: Premium (Duo)Country: Denmark Device: Xiaomi Mi 9Operating System: MIUI Global 12.5.1 Stable My Question or IssueSpotify app cannot connect to devices via WiFi. Possible to choose device to connect to, but does gets hung trying to until time ou...

• Plan: Premium (Duo) Country: Denmark Device: Xiaomi Mi 9 Operating System: MIUI Global 12.5.1 Stable   My Question or Issue Spotify app cannot connect to devices via WiFi. Possible to c...
  • Yordan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution No Internet Connection Available

PlanPremiumCountryIndia DeviceRedmi Note 7 Pro My Question or IssueI keep getting 'No Internet connection available' on my Android whenever I connect to Wifi. It is working perfectly fine on Mobile Data. If I am using App on Windows or PS, it is work...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country India   Device Redmi Note 7 Pro     My Question or Issue I keep getting 'No Internet connection available' on my Android whenever I connect to Wi...
  • ssal_ander
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Change Order of Playlists

How do you change the order that your playlists appear on the app/web player? In the app, you have the option to "Sort By" a few different options, but none of them allow you to customize the order in which your own playlists appear, only choose betw...

• Casual Listener
  • How do you change the order that your playlists appear on the app/web player?   In the app, you have the option to "Sort By" a few different options, but none of them allow you to customize th...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 15 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 12 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't access to the spotify's "today top fans" or other similer storylike things.

PlanFree/PremiumCountry:Azerbaijan Device:Samsung galaxy A71Operating System:Android 11 My Question or Issue:I can't acces to the spotify's "today top fans" or other storylike things on my Spotify.How can I access them

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country:Azerbaijan   Device:Samsung galaxy A71 Operating System:Android 11     My Question or Issue:I can't acces to the spotify's "today top fans" or other s...
  • zelledelosreyes
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution How to enable Lock Screen widget?

PlanFreeCountryThailandDevicevivo Y53Operating SystemAndroid 6.0.1 My Question or IssueAs the subject said, I cannot enable the lock screen.

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country Thailand Device vivo Y53 Operating System Android 6.0.1   My Question or Issue As the subject said, I cannot enable the lock screen.
  • OscarDC
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist made for you background music keep playing

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDevicePixel 6Operating SystemAndroid 13App version 8.7.66.534My Question or IssueStep to reproduce1. Open App2. Tap banner for "playlist made for you" (or just start the mini-app)3. start progressing through setup, at the colo...

• Plan Premium Country Canada Device Pixel 6 Operating System Android 13 App version 8.7.66.534 My Question or Issue Step to reproduce 1. Open App 2. Tap banner for "playlist made for you" ...
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Add to queue button disappeared

PlanPremium CountryUSA DeviceMoto e Operating SystemAndroid Spotify Version8.7.66.532 My Question or IssueAdded local files to Spotify last week. Everything worked fine. I could both add to playlists and add to queue. Now I can't do either for one of...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Country USA   Device Moto e   Operating System Android   Spotify Version 8.7.66.532   My Question or Issue Added local files to Spotify last we...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Sharing Music Via Text

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 20 UltraOperating SystemAndroid 12 My Question or IssueI frequently share music with my friends via text. I used to about a year or so ago receive a preview thumbnail of the track shared or when I share ...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra Operating System Android 12   My Question or Issue I frequently share music with my friends via text. I used to abo...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Wear OS] Library -> Playlists only shows Playlists, but no Folders

PlanPremiumDeviceSamsung Galaxy Watch 4Operating SystemWear OS My Question or IssueWhen navigating to Library -> Playlists on my watch, folders are not listed and it is therefore impossible to navigate to any playlists that are in those folders when ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Operating System Wear OS   My Question or Issue When navigating to Library -> Playlists on my watch, folders are not listed and it is theref...
  • KiwiAcer
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 10 likes

Superuser Contribution [Nest Hub 2.Gen] Display stays on, when Podcast playing

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceGoogle Nest Hub 2. Generation, newest versionOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueTo fall asleep, I listen to podcasts via Spotify on my Google NestHub. For about two months now, I've had the problem that the scr...

• Regular
  • ...einstall app, install spotify beta version, install spotify public version. Nothing could fix the issue.    Thank you and please, please fix this 😥
  • AlejaR
  • 15 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 2 likes