Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution My layout can't play music

PlanFreeCountryBrazilDeviceXiaomi Redmi 6AMy Question or Issue Spotify changed my layout recently and it only shows previews of songs now. Plus, my playlists, podcasts and albums are only playing in shuffle, they're not in order and I can't select an...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Brazil Device Xiaomi Redmi 6A My Question or Issue  Spotify changed my layout recently and it only shows previews of songs now. Plus, my playlists, podcasts and albums a...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Android][Other] Adaptable color for Android new widget

Hey! In light of the Android 12 launch and the revamp of widgets on the new OS version, Spotify renovated its widget on the A/B version of the main app bringing an adaptable color for the widget, just like we see in the playback shortcut in the app. ...

spotify1.jpeg spotify2.jpeg spotify3.jpeg spotify4.jpeg
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Hey! In light of the Android 12 launch and the revamp of widgets on the new OS version, Spotify renovated its widget on the A/B version of the main app bringing an adaptable color for the widget, jus...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Android
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Ultra slow load times, even on Downloads, Shows, Playlists, etc.

PlanPremium FamilyCountryCanadaDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9+Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueFor months now, the Spotify app has been extremely slow to load pages. Even if it's the Downloads page in offline mode. No matter what I'm trying to o...

• Plan Premium Family Country Canada Device Samsung Galaxy 9+ Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue For months now, the Spotify app has been extremely slow to load pages. Eve...
  • Yordan
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Loading problems
    slow
    slow loading
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution endless time counter

PlanPremiumCountryUkraineDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9+Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or Issuemy problem is that when you minimize the application and then stop the music, sometimes the time counter does not stop until I enter the application again

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country Ukraine Device Samsung Galaxy S9+ Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue my problem is that when you minimize the application and then sto...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 10
    Issues
    Playback issue
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcasts interrupting music play

I just selected some podcasts last night, but didn't download them. Now I'm listening to a playlist in shuffle and one of the podcasts keeps starting at the end of every song! Plus, I have to manually go back to the music playlist every time. Is this...

• I just selected some podcasts last night, but didn't download them. Now I'm listening to a playlist in shuffle and one of the podcasts keeps starting at the end of every song! Plus, I have to manuall...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify app stays stuck on the login screen

PlanPremiumCountryUS My Question or IssueI'm trying to log in on my phone, but for whatever reason, it stays stuck on the login screen. It doesn't matter what button on the screen that I press, it doesn't do anything. I've tried reinstalling the app ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US   My Question or Issue I'm trying to log in on my phone, but for whatever reason, it stays stuck on the login screen. It doesn't matter what button on the screen th...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Bug report: hey spotify icon stuck on screen when inc qr

DevicePixel 4a 5GOperating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueThe new hey spotify feature leaves an obstuctive icon stuck on the acreen, even after turning on and off the feature again. Until closing and reopening the app it also further obscured t...

• Regular
  •   Device Pixel 4a 5G Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue The new hey spotify feature leaves an obstuctive icon stuck on the acreen, even after turning on and off the f...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Playlists] Default order for playlist followers

PlanPremiumCountryItalyDeviceMate 20, notebookOperating SystemAndroid Oreo, Windows 10 My Question or IssueHi all,I read a lot of posts about playlist sorting (yes I know this is a painful topic) and I spent a lot of time googling around, but I'm not...

• Plan Premium Country Italy Device Mate 20, notebook Operating System Android Oreo, Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi all, I read a lot of posts about playlist sorting (yes I k...
  • Razor_101
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 9 likes

Spotify mobile issues

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceSamsung galaxy A20Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueMy phone recently updated and ever since I've been unable to access any of my library or any songs (downloaded or not) despite being logged in. It works compl...

Screenshot_20220707-173324_Spotify.jpg Screenshot_20220707-173332_Spotify.jpg
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Samsung galaxy A20 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue My phone recently updated and ever since I've been unable to access any of my libr...
  • Taylith
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Notifications are silenced while listening

Hey folks, I've noticed in the last 3 months that while listening in Spotify when connected to a Bluetooth speaker system, that I can't hear my notifications.If I get a txt message while playing music, the only thing is the music drops volume for hal...

• Visitor
  • Hey folks,   I've noticed in the last 3 months that while listening in Spotify when connected to a Bluetooth speaker system, that I can't hear my notifications. If I get a txt message while p...
  • Heydominique
  • 4 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 9 likes

Superuser Contribution Lyrics not showing on wifi connection but showing on mobile data

PlanFreeCountryIndiaDeviceXiaomi 11XOperating SystemAndroid 12 My Question or Issue I have a problem of lyrics not showing when I'm connected to Spotify through the wifi but when I'm connected through mobile data all lyrics show. Also, when I try to ...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country India Device Xiaomi 11X Operating System Android 12   My Question or Issue   I have a problem of lyrics not showing when I'm connected to Spotify through the wi...
  • Vasil
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Login problems on FIIO M6

Plan: Premium DuoCountry: SwitzerlandDevice: FIIO M6Operating System: AndroidMy Question or Issue:I downloaded the .apk file on my FIIO M6. I can start the app but when I want to log in with ma account and Login, I always get the message"Sorry, somet...

IMG_1470.jpeg
  • Plan: Premium Duo Country: Switzerland Device: FIIO M6 Operating System: Android My Question or Issue: I downloaded the .apk file on my FIIO M6. I can start the app but when I want to log i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I stop Autoplay every time I start my car?

I've turned off all the Playback > Autoplay stuff, as well as disabled the Background Connect. It still keeps playing every time I start my car. It's very annoying! Even if the app is closed, it will automatically open and start playing.I only want i...

• Casual Listener
  • I've turned off all the Playback > Autoplay stuff, as well as disabled the Background Connect. It still keeps playing every time I start my car. It's very annoying! Even if the app is closed, it w...
  • elimadden
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playback error

Hello.Since about 2 months there is an issue with Spotify for android, because the playback frequently sounds scratched (like a broken record). This issue happens with wifi or mobile data on Redmi Note 10 S with Android 12.I hope you can fix it soon....

• Visitor
  • Hello. Since about 2 months there is an issue with Spotify for android, because the playback frequently sounds scratched (like a broken record). This issue happens with wifi or mobile data on Redmi ...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Keep Skipping Songs

My spotify been running unusual today. I played the song for about 1 min and then it automatically skipped to another song that not in my playlist. I checked the forum and reinstalled the app on my android phone, but the problem still there. Please h...

• Casual Listener
  • My spotify been running unusual today.  I played the song for about 1 min and then it automatically skipped to another song that not in my playlist.   I checked the forum and reinstall...
  • bruce8976
  • Visitor
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution one of those podcasts that disappeared.

PlanFree/PremiumCountryIndonesiaDevice(Realme c12)Operating System(Android ) My Question or Issuehello Spotify, sorry in advance I wanted to ask. I have episodes for my podcast, there are 5 podcasts listed but why only 4 are there? where's the other ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Indonesia Device (Realme c12) Operating System (Android )     My Question or Issue hello Spotify, sorry in advance I wanted to ask. I have episodes for ...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution App shows Internal Storage as External Storage

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 10+Operating SystemAndroid 12 My Question or IssueThe device's Internal Storage shown 3 times as different storage options. When I choose the real SD Card, the app switches it to the Internal Storage ...

• Plan Premium Country Turkey Device Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ Operating System Android 12   My Question or Issue The device's Internal Storage shown 3 times as different storage options. ...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Note 10+
    storage
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Data transfer and app not responding

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceSamsung Galaxy a21 My Question or Issue*this issue is happening to my fiancés phone and we are on a family plan together but doesn’t use the community forum*When switching my offline downloaded media from internal storage to...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Samsung Galaxy a21     My Question or Issue *this issue is happening to my fiancés phone and we are on a family plan together but doesn’t use the com...
  • Kiril
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Time capsule bug, cover not showing on Android's App

Hi. I have had this issue for some time. Every time I e ter my Spotify app on Android (Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T), and I look for my time capsule Playlist, the cover is not show. Just a black icon as it was loading it, but then nothing happens. It only ha...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. I have had this issue for some time. Every time I e ter my Spotify app on Android (Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T), and I look for my time capsule Playlist, the cover is not show. Just a black icon as it w...
  • OscarDC
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify deleted my playlist and I can't recover it

Spotify deleted a playlist today that I had made 2 days ago, when I try to recover it spotify says I haven't deleted any playlists

• Regular
  • Spotify deleted a playlist today that I had made 2 days ago, when I try to recover it spotify says I haven't deleted any playlists
  • Yordan
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes