Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution cant accsess spotify on my home wifi

PlanPremiumCountryIndiaDevicesSamsung Galaxy s22 ultra and Windows 10 desktopOperating Systemandroid 12 and windows 10 Since yesterday, I have not able to access Spotify on my Wi-Fi network, I can't open the Spotify website or web player and Spotify ...

• Plan Premium Country India Devices Samsung Galaxy s22 ultra and Windows 10 desktop Operating System android 12 and windows 10   Since yesterday, I have not able to access Spotify on my ...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution new episodes

PlanPremiumCountryHungaryDevice(PC, S21 Ultra)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) Hi. My phone application doesn't show me the new episodes of my following podcasts, my desktop app showing them. What is the problem?

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Hungary Device (PC, S21 Ultra) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   Hi. My phone application doesn't show me the new episodes of my follo...
  • Kiril
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution recently played albums go to the bottom instead of staying at the top

i sort the albums in my library by recently played but lately id find that that some recently played albums have randomly gone to the bottom of the list my only option is to pin them to the top i can's un instal or clear the data because i have like ...

• Casual Listener
  • i sort the albums in my library by recently played but lately id find that that some recently played albums have randomly gone to the bottom of the list my only option is to pin them to the top i ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify (mobile) not playing any music but works on spotify lite

when clicking unto a playlist it says "this playlist empty" even on global playlist it also says that and all of my playlist are not showing in the spotify tried to do vpn and changes network it's still not working can't even connect on it using comp...

• when clicking unto a playlist it says "this playlist empty" even on global playlist it also says that and all of my playlist are not showing in the spotify tried to do vpn and changes network it's st...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution music wont download

i had playlists downloaded but then i noticed that the new songs are not getting downladed. i have enough storage and when i start the download nothing is getting downloaded. i did anything what people said online but notting worked

• Visitor
  • i had playlists downloaded but then i noticed that the new songs are not getting downladed. i have enough storage and when i start the download nothing is getting downloaded. i did anything what peop...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Issue : Pin official Spotify playlist to home screen

PlanPremiumCountryFRDeviceHuawei P20Operating SystemAndroid 10 Hi, I can't pin official spotify playlists to home screen on Android, although pinning my own & third parties works fine. I'm talking about this user : https://open.spotify.com/user/spoti...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country FR Device Huawei P20 Operating System Android 10   Hi,   I can't pin official spotify playlists to home screen on Android, although pinning my own & thir...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify not accepting voice commands from assistant

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy 9+Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueHello, I have noticed an issue with Spotify not accepting voice commands anymore. I first noticed this as I was driving yesterday (5/30/22) and attempted to is...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy 9+ Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Hello, I have noticed an issue with Spotify not accepting voice commands anymo...
  • alsmith1664
  • 24 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 24 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Malicious Behavior on Android

Spotify has begun to override other playback apps (for example the native Android media player and VLC media player) when opening media files and redirects the user to Spotify to create an account. When I used the 'open with' command to change the ap...

• Visitor
  • Spotify has begun to override other playback apps (for example the native Android media player and VLC media player) when opening media files and redirects the user to Spotify to create an account. W...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I am unable to play any songs or access any playlists and all of my playlists are empty.

Ever since updating my phone(not sure if this was a coincidence or not), I have been unable to play any songs through the search bar. Rather, I haven't even been able to get to a song since no playlist loads. All of my previously made playlists are e...

• Casual Listener
  • Ever since updating my phone(not sure if this was a coincidence or not), I have been unable to play any songs through the search bar. Rather, I haven't even been able to get to a song since no playli...
  • Taylith
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution I have found a glich on the Spotify app what i think you want to know

If you make the choice tell me you would like too know it will save you a lot of money it will take me matter of minutes too explain and show you. but I only want too speak too the people at Spotify directly or for a great price someone else could ge...

• Casual Listener
  • If you make the choice tell me you would like too know it will save you a lot of money it will take me matter of minutes too explain and show you.  but I only want too speak too the people at S...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Glitches
    Tech
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify remains without connection

PlanPremiumCountryColombiaDeviceGalaxy S10+Operating SystemAndroid 12 My Question or IssueI've cleaned the cache and temporary files.I've reinstalled the application over and again but the error remains."No internet connection... Go online and try ag...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Colombia Device Galaxy S10+ Operating System Android 12   My Question or Issue I've cleaned the cache and temporary files. I've reinstalled the application over...
  • danidazb
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Add support of screen recording with sound

On Android 10 Google updated Audio API so some screen recorders now can record videos with internal sound if such option allowed by application from which you want to record sound. If this feature is possible to add in some nearest releases - it woul...

• Visitor
  • On Android 10 Google updated Audio API so some screen recorders now can record videos with internal sound if such option allowed by application from which you want to record sound. If this feature is...
  • chaymartis
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 11 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't Listen To Local Files

PlanPremium CountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy S9+My Question or Issue So on my Spotify Playlist I have about 20-30 local file songs. I can listen to them with no problem on my Windows 10 PC, but they are not playable through my phone. I've copied the lo...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium  Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy S9+ My Question or Issue   So on my Spotify Playlist I have about 20-30 local file songs. I can listen to them with no problem on my ...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Something Went Wrong

PlanPremiumCountryUS Device(Samsung Galaxy s10) My Question or IssueWhen I try to search for songs I get a message that says something went wrong. Have another go? With a Try Again button. I have tried restarting, uninstalling, logging out, etc. Noth...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US   Device (Samsung Galaxy s10)   My Question or Issue When I try to search for songs I get a message that says something went wrong.  Have another go?&n...
  • OscarDC
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Button "other" not working in sittings

Hi, i need to change the storage of the music to an SD card. I am aware that you need to go to settings, then other and then storage, however when I go to "other" the button does not do anything, i have tried with two Android cells and it's the same ...

• Hi, i need to change the storage of the music to an SD card. I am aware that you need to go to settings, then other and then storage, however when I go to "other" the button does not do anything, i h...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes