Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't jump to any point in a song in the lockscreen as in iphone

PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDeviceSamsung S20 FeOperating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueHello before I had an iPhone and could play and listen to any point of the song with a locked screen. Now I have a Samsung S20 Fe and it does not allow me t...

• Casual Listener
  •  Plan Premium Country Argentina Device Samsung S20 Fe Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue Hello before I had an iPhone and could play and listen to any point of the...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution cant see lyrics on android

PlanPremiumCountryU.S.A.DeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 9Operating SystemLatest (whatever it is) My Question or IssueDespite having done a thorough uninstall and following all of the guides I am unable to see lyrics. I am able to see Genius Behind the Lyri...

• Plan Premium Country U.S.A. Device Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Operating System Latest (whatever it is)   My Question or Issue Despite having done a thorough uninstall and following all of t...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Mobile][Discover] A button that allows you to play randomised music in the music style u like.

It should be a nice feature that allows u to listen to randomised music but in your style. Like when a playslist ends random music begins to play but just a button that allows you to do that without you have to listen to a playslist.

• It should be a nice feature that allows u to listen to randomised music but in your style. Like when a playslist ends random music begins to play but just a button that allows you to do that without ...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mobile
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android Auto] Artist info is not displayed

PlanPremiumDeviceOneplus 8 Pro, Jeep Compass 4xe (2021)Operating SystemAndroid 11 (Oxygen OS 11.0.10.10.IN11BA), Android Auto (7.1.614574-release), Spotify (8.7.0.1147) My IssueWhen I use spotify over a wired android auto connection in my car, the ar...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Device Oneplus 8 Pro, Jeep Compass 4xe (2021) Operating System Android 11 (Oxygen OS 11.0.10.10.IN11BA), Android Auto (7.1.614574-release), Spotify (8.7.0.1147)   My Issue W...
  • Elena
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • android auto
    artist
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution App Suddenly Stopped Working

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemMost recent android update My Question or IssueAs of 2 days ago my app completed stopped working only on my phone. Using the web browser spotify still works on a phone chrome browser, and usi...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Most recent android update   My Question or Issue As of 2 days ago my app completed stopped working only on my pho...
  • maxfield034
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to play or view music

PlanPremiumDeviceMotorola moto g6Operating SystemAndroid 9My Question or IssueAttempting to open an album or playlist page results in either a black screen, or shows a loading screen endlessly. I have tried the following in order to resolve this issu...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device Motorola moto g6 Operating System Android 9 My Question or Issue Attempting to open an album or playlist page results in either a black screen, or shows a loading screen ...
  • Amayy
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Already played podcast episodes won't disappear from the pull down bar

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceSamsung Galaxy A22Operating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueIn the pull down bar that's in my notification area there are four already finished podcast episodes that I'd really like to get rid of. some of them have...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device Samsung Galaxy A22 Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue In the pull down bar that's in my notification area there are four already fin...
  • CarlosE
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Enhance button not showing up!!

PlanPremiumCountryMy main account is a UK account and I am in Australia at the moment so the test account I made was AustralianDeviceOnePlus Nord 2 5G Operating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueI don't know why my main account won't show the enha...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country My main account is a UK account and I am in Australia at the moment so the test account I made was Australian Device OnePlus Nord 2 5G  Operating System Android 11&nb...
  • JonahTweed
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Enhance button
    frustrated
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Mobile] Block/Hide Artists on Spotify Playlists and Release Radar

The release of Friday's Release Radar is one of my favorite parts of the week and has been for about 5 years now. Within the last year or two, a change was made where you can no longer hide particular artists permanently from your playlist. For examp...

• Casual Listener
  • The release of Friday's Release Radar is one of my favorite parts of the week and has been for about 5 years now.  Within the last year or two, a change was made where you can no longer hide par...
  • NordicHector
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Mobile
  • 10 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Multiple Ongoing Issues with Playback (Stopping, Now Playing Bar and Lock Screen Controls Missing)

For months now I have been unable to solve the following three very annoying issues with playback. I have repeatedly tried all the “standard” fixes I found browsing the forums and searching online: full reinstall, clear cache, log out, restart, etc. ...

• Casual Listener
  • For months now I have been unable to solve the following three very annoying issues with playback. I have repeatedly tried all the “standard” fixes I found browsing the forums and searching online: f...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution How to download Spotfiy app on new Huawei smartphone?

Hello, How can I download Spotify app on Huawei P40? It's one of the new models which don't use Google services, so instead of Google Play there's an AppGallery.Deezer and Tidal are available, but I can't find Spotify.Are you planning to release it s...

• Gig Goer
  • Hello,   How can I download Spotify app on Huawei P40? It's one of the new models which don't use Google services, so instead of Google Play there's an AppGallery. Deezer and Tidal are availa...
  • sichev
  • 22 replies
  • 6 likes
  • appgallery
    huawei
  • 22 replies
  • 6 likes

Play/pause not working with Rayban Smart Glasses

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceGoogle Pixel 6Operating SystemAndroid 12 My Question or IssueSo I just got the new Rayban smart glasses, and they have a 'touchpad' on the side to play/pause and skip tracks. This function works perfectly for You...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device Google Pixel 6 Operating System Android 12   My Question or Issue So I just got the new Rayban smart glasses, and they have a 'to...
  • Hydez17
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Amazon Echo freezes after 3 songs

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceG8X ThinQAmazon Echo Dot (3rd gen)Windows 10 PCOperating SystemAndroid 10Windows 10 My Question or IssueWithin the last week I have found that my Alexa Echo devices are only able to play 3 songs before freezing up...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device G8X ThinQ Amazon Echo Dot (3rd gen) Windows 10 PC Operating System Android 10 Windows 10   My Question or Issue Within the last week I have...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Losing Volume Control with Chromecast

Well, my problem of Chromecast randomly disconnecting with Spotify stopped with latest update (to Spotify) - but I'm experiencing another isue: I frequently lose volume control on my phone. For instance, I’ll try turning the music down and notice I’m...

• Gig Goer
  • Well, my problem of Chromecast randomly disconnecting with Spotify stopped with latest update (to Spotify) - but I'm experiencing another isue: I frequently lose volume control on my phone. &n...
  • psgpremium
  • Music Fan
  • 68 replies
  • 39 likes
  • 68 replies
  • 39 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android][Browse] avoid phone lock while in Spotify, like it happens in navigation apps as Waze lock

On some of my devices where I run Spotify and we enjoy to read the song lyrics it could be useful to have an option to avoid the screen lock: in android we don't find any option to do that

• Casual Listener
  • On some of my devices where I run Spotify and we enjoy to read the song lyrics it could be useful to have an option to avoid the screen lock: in android we don't find any option to do that
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    Browse
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! STILL LACKING BASIC FEATURES FOR ANDROID. THE ANDROID DEVELOPMENT TEAM IS ACTUALLY USELESS

PlanPremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Thank god for swipe to queue finally being added. Good work spotify!

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo,    Thank god for swipe to queue finally being ad...
  • ankinker
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify locking phone screen when a new song starts playing

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDeviceGoogle Pixel 3aOperating SystemAndroid 11 Beta My Question or IssueWhen using the Spotify mobile app, every time a new song starts playing when the Spotify app is currently being looked at, my phone screen turns off,...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country United States Device Google Pixel 3a Operating System Android 11 Beta   My Question or Issue When using the Spotify mobile app, every time a new song starts playing w...
  • kevinb2
  • Visitor
  • 14 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Lyrics not showing

PlanPremiumCountryHong Kong DeviceSamsung S10Operating SystemAndroid 12, One UI 4 My Question or IssueI can never see the lyrics on my phone under any song. Even when I followed the procedure on the spotify help website, it just never worked. Whereas...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Hong Kong  Device Samsung S10 Operating System Android 12, One UI 4   My Question or Issue I can never see the lyrics on my phone under any song. Even when I...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    lyrics
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Suddenly no longer able to download music to phone?

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicemoto x4Operating SystemAndroid 9/pie My Question or IssueI've been using Spotify for awhile and this is a new problem. I'm unable to download any playlists - they get stuck in the grey waiting to download phase. It is only o...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device moto x4 Operating System Android 9/pie   My Question or Issue I've been using Spotify for awhile and this is a new problem. I'm unable to download any...
  • felidaea
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android][Your Library] Wrong album playing?

Added Mozart Great Mass in C Minor, Suzuki with Bach Collegium Japan, but it plays the Messiah! Is this an error or punishment for having a free account?

• Added Mozart Great Mass in C Minor, Suzuki with Bach Collegium Japan, but it plays the Messiah! Is this an error or punishment for having a free account? 😉  
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Your Library
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes