Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify redownloads the playlists

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceSamsung S20+Operating SystemLatest version of Android My Question or IssueI have my songs at the SD card. Whenever Spotify receives an update, after first phone restart Spotify downloads all songs again to phone and I'll...

•   Plan Premium Country Turkey Device Samsung S20+ Operating System Latest version of Android   My Question or Issue I have my songs at the SD card. Whenever Spotify receives an u...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution When connected to Bluetooth my app doesn't open

Since I updated my one plus 9 to android 12 I can't open the Spotify app when I have my bluetooth earplugs (Bose quite comfort) connected to my phone. When pressing the Spotify app I see the logo and then the app closes itself.

• Casual Listener
  • Since I updated my one plus 9 to android 12 I can't open the Spotify app when I have my bluetooth earplugs (Bose quite comfort) connected to my phone. When pressing the Spotify app I see the logo and...
  • Willemdw
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Lyrics doesn't show up.

PlanPremiumCountryMalaysiaDevice(Samsung A70)Operating System(Android 11) My Question or IssueHi, the lyrics doesn't show up in my mobile phone. I've sync my Spotify through all my others devices (Laptop and TV). The lyrics does show up in my laptop ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Malaysia Device (Samsung A70) Operating System (Android 11)   My Question or Issue Hi, the lyrics doesn't show up in my mobile phone. I've sync my Spotify through ...
  • Yordan
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Speed of sound on podcasts

PlanPremiumCountrySweden DeviceSamsung mobile phone My Question or IssueThe speed on podcasts is superfast. How do I get it back to normal?

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Sweden   Device Samsung mobile phone     My Question or Issue The speed on podcasts is superfast. How do I get it back to normal?  
  • emmadebora
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Changed phones

I changed to a new phone and my favorites and my premium account is gone....help!

• Visitor
  • I changed to a new phone and my favorites and my premium account is gone....help!
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Discover downloaded songs

I have downloaded a bunch of songs on Spotify on Android and I have the com.spotify.music folder backed up. How do I make my new phone switch to microSD storage, and discover these downloaded songs once I replace the com.spotify.music folder, instead...

• Regular
  • I have downloaded a bunch of songs on Spotify on Android and I have the com.spotify.music folder backed up.   How do I make my new phone switch to microSD storage, and discover these downloade...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cyrillic font are shown in Roboto font

PlanPremiumCountryUkraine DeviceSamsung Galaxy M31sOperating SystemAndroid 11 Hi there! I have long created a topic that the Cyrillic font is different from the Latin font. I was told that "different devices use different preloaded Cyrillic fonts as ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Ukraine   Device Samsung Galaxy M31s Operating System Android 11   Hi there! I have long created a topic that the Cyrillic font is different from the Latin fo...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Bring back Car View

"Pay full attention to the road" you say... ...but removing car view means you have to concentrate harder on the smaller interface. The logic is moronic.Ever since You advertised "Car Thing" it has been gone. What's even worse is you still have offic...

• Casual Listener
  • "Pay full attention to the road" you say... ...but removing car view means you have to concentrate harder on the smaller interface. The logic is moronic. Ever since You advertised "Car Thing" it h...
  • SarekOfVulcan
  • 6 replies
  • 7 likes
  • car view
  • 6 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't install spotify on Galaxy a02s

Hi,Trying to install Spotify on my daughter's Galaxy A02s. I can download the app in Play Store but at the end of the installation I get a message that the app can't be installed.I did all cash and force stop that usually recommended but didn't help....

• Visitor
  • Hi, Trying to install Spotify on my daughter's Galaxy A02s. I can download the app in Play Store but at the end of the installation I get a message that the app can't be installed. I did all cash ...
  • Kiril
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Premium account

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI activated the premium account and deactivated it immediately, I wanted to switch to the duo...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I activ...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Bluetooth via mobile in car (steering wheel controls)

HiI am using Spotify Premium in my car connected via bluetooth to my Samsung S10.All steering wheel controls are working ok ie volume, skip to next track, mute etc.However the fast forward a track function doesn't work. It should be possible by holdi...

• Visitor
  • Hi I am using Spotify Premium in my car connected via bluetooth to my Samsung S10. All steering wheel controls are working ok ie volume, skip to next track, mute etc. However the fast forward a tr...
  • Kiril
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Steering wheel function
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local files on my own device are not synced to the app

I toggled on the "Show local files" option, I had a bunch of .mp3 files saved and those still show and play.The problem stands with files that I downloaded after I set up the option.1. I renamed them all; the app showed me two files: the renamed one ...

• Casual Listener
  • I toggled on the "Show local files" option, I had a bunch of .mp3 files saved and those still show and play. The problem stands with files that I downloaded after I set up the option. 1. I renamed ...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify taking over Stations on Android Auto

Premium Family plan, LGV60, Pioneer WNEX4400 head unit, latest Android (as of Jan 2022), latest head unit BIOS, connects via WiFi-Direct.My preferred music app is Stations and it has been working for more than a year (which is when I ditched Pandora ...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium Family plan, LGV60, Pioneer WNEX4400 head unit, latest Android (as of Jan 2022), latest head unit BIOS, connects via WiFi-Direct. My preferred music app is Stations and it has been worki...
  • CarlosE
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • android auto
    bug
    stations
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Download Incompleto

PlanoPremiumPaísBrasilDispositivoMoto Z2 PlaySistema OperacionalAndroid 10 Meu Spotify não faz mais download das playlists ou músicas, eu aperto para baixar e simplesmente fica carregando, sem baixar quaisquer faixas. Já desinstalei e instalei novame...

Screenshot_20220323-121944.png
  • Music Fan
  •   Plano Premium País Brasil Dispositivo Moto Z2 Play Sistema Operacional Android 10   Meu Spotify não faz mais download das playlists ou músicas, eu aperto para baixar e simplesme...
  • LucasS1lva
  • Music Fan
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Sharing tracks: no longer displays URL previews when sent

PlanPremiumCountryUSA My Question or IssueI'm not sure if this is an Android issue or Spotify issue. About 5 months ago, my texting app Google Messages stopped displaying track previews for all URLs, both on the phone app and the Chrome extension. So...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA   My Question or Issue I'm not sure if this is an Android issue or Spotify issue. About 5 months ago, my texting app Google Messages stopped displaying track previ...
  • Elena
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Android
    preview_url
    share link
    sharing
    SMS
    URL
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Being added to Group Session without my consent

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung S21 Ultra Operating SystemAndroid 12 My Question or IssueI keep getting added to Group sessions without my approval and I'm unable to leave the group as the button to leave isn't showing up. I have done pretty much ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung S21 Ultra  Operating System Android 12   My Question or Issue I keep getting added to Group sessions without my approval and I'm unable to ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Issues with Samsung Galaxy S8

Hello! I recently installed Spotify and quickly upgraded to Premium. Since my upgrade, it seems as the Mobile App is "stuck" - any actions that take place on the app, such as liking new songs, pinning playlists etc. are impossible to achieve. Interes...

• Regular
  • Hello! I recently installed Spotify and quickly upgraded to Premium.   Since my upgrade, it seems as the Mobile App is "stuck" - any actions that take place on the app, such as liking new son...
  • Cannellouie
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Listening to downloaded music while on WiFi with Spotify blocked

PlanPremiumCountryAustralia DeviceSamsung Galaxy A31 Operating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueI downloaded a library of music to listen to while I was away with no cellular access and only a WiFi with Spotify blocked. Whenever I attempted to lo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia   Device Samsung Galaxy A31   Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue I downloaded a library of music to listen to while I was awa...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Block
    Offline Access
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Playlists] Make "Liked Songs" into a section of its own instead of a playlist.

I was thinking, instead of having your liked songs playlist, maybe we could make it into a section of it's own. Like the home, search, and library sections. Because sometimes when I am in a place where I may not have much internet and I chose to play...

• Casual Listener
  • I was thinking, instead of having your liked songs playlist, maybe we could make it into a section of it's own. Like the home, search, and library sections. Because sometimes when I am in a place whe...
  • GuiGuiGlims
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlists
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution What would be the reason

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDevice(Sony Xperia XZ F8331)Operating System(Android 8.0.0) My Question or IssueI logged out of the application and turned the phone off and on again, I entered the application again, the same did not fix it.

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey Device (Sony Xperia XZ F8331) Operating System (Android 8.0.0)   My Question or Issue I logged out of the application and turned the phone off and on again,...
  • Sertan2
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes