Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Already played podcast episodes won't disappear from the pull down bar

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceSamsung Galaxy A22Operating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueIn the pull down bar that's in my notification area there are four already finished podcast episodes that I'd really like to get rid of. some of them have...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device Samsung Galaxy A22 Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue In the pull down bar that's in my notification area there are four already fin...
  • CarlosE
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Enhance button not showing up!!

PlanPremiumCountryMy main account is a UK account and I am in Australia at the moment so the test account I made was AustralianDeviceOnePlus Nord 2 5G Operating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueI don't know why my main account won't show the enha...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country My main account is a UK account and I am in Australia at the moment so the test account I made was Australian Device OnePlus Nord 2 5G  Operating System Android 11&nb...
  • JonahTweed
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Enhance button
    frustrated
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Mobile] Block/Hide Artists on Spotify Playlists and Release Radar

The release of Friday's Release Radar is one of my favorite parts of the week and has been for about 5 years now. Within the last year or two, a change was made where you can no longer hide particular artists permanently from your playlist. For examp...

• Casual Listener
  • The release of Friday's Release Radar is one of my favorite parts of the week and has been for about 5 years now.  Within the last year or two, a change was made where you can no longer hide par...
  • NordicHector
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Mobile
  • 10 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Multiple Ongoing Issues with Playback (Stopping, Now Playing Bar and Lock Screen Controls Missing)

For months now I have been unable to solve the following three very annoying issues with playback. I have repeatedly tried all the “standard” fixes I found browsing the forums and searching online: full reinstall, clear cache, log out, restart, etc. ...

• Casual Listener
  • For months now I have been unable to solve the following three very annoying issues with playback. I have repeatedly tried all the “standard” fixes I found browsing the forums and searching online: f...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Play/pause not working with Rayban Smart Glasses

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceGoogle Pixel 6Operating SystemAndroid 12 My Question or IssueSo I just got the new Rayban smart glasses, and they have a 'touchpad' on the side to play/pause and skip tracks. This function works perfectly for You...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device Google Pixel 6 Operating System Android 12   My Question or Issue So I just got the new Rayban smart glasses, and they have a 'to...
  • Hydez17
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Amazon Echo freezes after 3 songs

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceG8X ThinQAmazon Echo Dot (3rd gen)Windows 10 PCOperating SystemAndroid 10Windows 10 My Question or IssueWithin the last week I have found that my Alexa Echo devices are only able to play 3 songs before freezing up...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device G8X ThinQ Amazon Echo Dot (3rd gen) Windows 10 PC Operating System Android 10 Windows 10   My Question or Issue Within the last week I have...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Losing Volume Control with Chromecast

Well, my problem of Chromecast randomly disconnecting with Spotify stopped with latest update (to Spotify) - but I'm experiencing another isue: I frequently lose volume control on my phone. For instance, I’ll try turning the music down and notice I’m...

• Gig Goer
  • Well, my problem of Chromecast randomly disconnecting with Spotify stopped with latest update (to Spotify) - but I'm experiencing another isue: I frequently lose volume control on my phone. &n...
  • psgpremium
  • Music Fan
  • 68 replies
  • 39 likes
  • 68 replies
  • 39 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android][Browse] avoid phone lock while in Spotify, like it happens in navigation apps as Waze lock

On some of my devices where I run Spotify and we enjoy to read the song lyrics it could be useful to have an option to avoid the screen lock: in android we don't find any option to do that

• Casual Listener
  • On some of my devices where I run Spotify and we enjoy to read the song lyrics it could be useful to have an option to avoid the screen lock: in android we don't find any option to do that
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    Browse
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! STILL LACKING BASIC FEATURES FOR ANDROID. THE ANDROID DEVELOPMENT TEAM IS ACTUALLY USELESS

PlanPremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Thank god for swipe to queue finally being added. Good work spotify!

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo,    Thank god for swipe to queue finally being ad...
  • ankinker
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify locking phone screen when a new song starts playing

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDeviceGoogle Pixel 3aOperating SystemAndroid 11 Beta My Question or IssueWhen using the Spotify mobile app, every time a new song starts playing when the Spotify app is currently being looked at, my phone screen turns off,...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country United States Device Google Pixel 3a Operating System Android 11 Beta   My Question or Issue When using the Spotify mobile app, every time a new song starts playing w...
  • kevinb2
  • Visitor
  • 14 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Lyrics not showing

PlanPremiumCountryHong Kong DeviceSamsung S10Operating SystemAndroid 12, One UI 4 My Question or IssueI can never see the lyrics on my phone under any song. Even when I followed the procedure on the spotify help website, it just never worked. Whereas...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Hong Kong  Device Samsung S10 Operating System Android 12, One UI 4   My Question or Issue I can never see the lyrics on my phone under any song. Even when I...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    lyrics
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Suddenly no longer able to download music to phone?

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicemoto x4Operating SystemAndroid 9/pie My Question or IssueI've been using Spotify for awhile and this is a new problem. I'm unable to download any playlists - they get stuck in the grey waiting to download phase. It is only o...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device moto x4 Operating System Android 9/pie   My Question or Issue I've been using Spotify for awhile and this is a new problem. I'm unable to download any...
  • felidaea
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android][Your Library] Wrong album playing?

Added Mozart Great Mass in C Minor, Suzuki with Bach Collegium Japan, but it plays the Messiah! Is this an error or punishment for having a free account?

• Added Mozart Great Mass in C Minor, Suzuki with Bach Collegium Japan, but it plays the Messiah! Is this an error or punishment for having a free account? 😉  
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Your Library
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Lite Downloads not working - even with Wifi

PlanFree/PremiumCountrySouth AfricaDeviceXiomi Redmi 9COperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI am using Spotify Lite and it has been working fine until a few weeks ago.First the problem was, my albums/playlists show the green arrow for download...

•   Plan Free/Premium Country South Africa Device Xiomi Redmi 9C Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I am using Spotify Lite and it has been working fine until a few we...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Problems searching music on spotify app

Whenever I search on Spotify it only searches for downloaded music. It does this both when I use Wi-Fi and data and it's really annoying. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, restarting my device, and turning on and off the offline mode. Anyone hav...

• Whenever I search on Spotify it only searches for downloaded music. It does this both when I use Wi-Fi and data and it's really annoying. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, restarting my device, ...
  • Sarnix
  • 13 replies
  • 13 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 13 likes

Superuser Contribution Notification sound before playing music

My Spotify app plays the system notification sound before playing music nearly everytime after being idle for 30mins or so. Generally this sound is played along with the "connect to a device" popup which also is a bit annoying. Anyone know how to tur...

• Casual Listener
  • My Spotify app plays the system notification sound before playing music nearly everytime after being idle for 30mins or so. Generally this sound is played along with the "connect to a device" popup w...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Turn Wifi Speaker as standard device

Plan: PremiumCountry: GermanyDevice: Samsung Galaxy S10Operating System: Android My Question:"Hello everyone, I use my Heos by Denon WiFi speakers to play Spotify, but unfortunately every time I start the Spotify app again I have to switch the"availa...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: Germany Device: Samsung Galaxy S10 Operating System: Android   My Question: "Hello everyone, I use my Heos by Denon WiFi speakers to play Spoti...
  • Eni
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Download using cellular

In android app i have disabled download using cellular, but when I have wifi turned off as soon as I change spotify from offline to online it starts downloading. Is there something I can do about this? I have seen similar question from 2019 with no a...

• Casual Listener
  • In android app i have disabled download using cellular, but when I have wifi turned off as soon as I change spotify from offline to online it starts downloading.  Is there something I can do ab...
  • goofix
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Repeat and shuffle are gone on android

What's going on, the repeat and shuffle are no longer options on my phone or tv for that matter. I have to log in on my laptop to use them. Is it a bug? Is it gone permanently?

• Regular
  • What's going on, the repeat and shuffle are no longer options on my phone or tv for that matter. I have to log in on my laptop to use them.   Is it a bug? Is it gone permanently?
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! date added origins delete

PlanFreeCountryFrenchDeviceXiaomi Redmi note 9Operating SystemAndroid 11 OS 11RP1A.200720.011 Version MIUI Global 12.5.3(RJOEUXM)My Question or IssueI created and added the songs in my playlist since July 9, 2020 until March 14,2022.total songs of my...

• Composer
  •   Plan Free Country French Device Xiaomi Redmi note 9 Operating System Android 11 OS 11RP1A.200720.011 Version MIUI Global 12.5.3(RJOEUXM) My Question or Issue I created and added the ...
  • Flanstario1
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • date added
    Playlist modify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes