Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Android] Swipe to Queue a Track

PlanPremiumCountryBelgiumDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Belgium Device Samsung Galaxy S9 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Add Swipe to Queue for Android

Add Swipe to Queue for Android

• Add Swipe to Queue for Android
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! SWIPE TO QUEUE SWIPE TO QUEUE SWIPE TO QUEUE

PlanStudent DeviceGoogle Pixel 3 My Question or Issue I RECOGNIZE THAT PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY MENTIONED THIS BUT ITS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS THAT YOU'RE NOT CONSIDERING THIS RIGHT NOW. I REALLY DON'T THINK IT WOULD TAKE MUCH AT ALL TO ADD SWIPE TO QUEUE F...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Student   Device Google Pixel 3  My Question or Issue  I RECOGNIZE THAT PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY MENTIONED THIS BUT ITS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS THAT YOU'RE NOT CONSIDERING THIS RIG...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    easy
    queue
    swipe to queue
    user friendly
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Android] Reason why Swipe to Queue isn't a feature

DeviceGalaxy S10Operating SystemAndroid P My Question or IssueI've recently changed back to Android, and one thing that caught my attention was the spotify's UI. There is no swipe feature whatsoever. You can't easily add song to the queue or edit pla...

• Casual Listener
  • Device Galaxy S10 Operating System Android P   My Question or Issue I've recently changed back to Android, and one thing that caught my attention was the spotify's UI. There is no swipe fe...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Android queue doesn't work without internet anymore

PlanPremiumCountry HungaryDeviceOneplus 5tOperating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue Before an Android update I was able to queue songs without being connected to the Internet. This morning when I tried to do it, it says I cannot open the acti...

•   Plan Premium Country  Hungary Device Oneplus 5t Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  Before an Android update I was able to queue songs without ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Swipe to queue

I come from iOS. The Android app isn't bad, but I'd love to have my favorite function back. Swipe (left or right, I forgot) to queue songs! It's a hastle making a list. Great app though!!!

• I come from iOS. The Android app isn't bad, but I'd love to have my favorite function back. Swipe (left or right, I forgot) to queue songs! It's a hastle making a list. Great app though!!!
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Bring the Swipe option to queue songs in Android Version

Bring the Swipe option that queues the song that is in iOS Spotify to Android version too. It's lot more easier than touching the three dots and then adding to the queue.

• Bring the Swipe option that queues the song that is in iOS Spotify to Android version too. It's lot more easier than touching the three dots and then adding to the queue.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Swipe to Add to Queue Gesture in Android

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceXiaomi Redmi Note 9 ProOperating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueFirst of all I would like to express this gladly that I have been using Spotify for more than 5 years and haven't faced any major issue so far. I spen...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey Device Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue First of all I would like to express this gladly that I have been using Sp...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Android
    gestures
    queue
    Swipe
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Swipe to queue Android

My Question or IssueFirstly let me say I have been using Spotify for 5 years and have seen a lot of great improvements over the years. Great job!I am a music listener who likes to let the current track play out before starting a new one.I love what y...

•   My Question or Issue Firstly let me say I have been using Spotify for 5 years and have seen a lot of great improvements over the years. Great job! I am a music listener who likes to let t...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Swipe to queue Android
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Swipe right to queue on Android

iPhone users have had swipe to queue for years whilst Android users are stuck with having to long press, wait for the menu to appear and then click 'add to queue'. I can see a suggestion from 2015 asking for this which was marked as 'not right now', ...

• iPhone users have had swipe to queue for years whilst Android users are stuck with having to long press, wait for the menu to appear and then click 'add to queue'.  I can see a suggestion from ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 15 likes
  • Android
    android swipe
    noiphone
    queue
    swipe to queue
  • 2 replies
  • 15 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Swipe to Queue

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceSamsung Galaxy S9Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueI recently switched from iOS to Android, and I hate to admit that the Spotify experience is lackluster on Android. I viewed past threads, and it seems that ...

• Plan Premium Country USA  Device Samsung Galaxy S9 Operating System Android Oreo  My Question or Issue I recently switched from iOS to Android, and I hate to admit that the Sp...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 7 likes

App components are too large for low resolution screens

My Question or IssueWhen using Spotify (latest version as of now) with low resolution screens, the app components are just too large. They are barely usable at all, and in some scenarios completely unusable - see demo below. In these cases, I usually...

• My Question or Issue When using Spotify (latest version as of now) with low resolution screens, the app components are just too large. They are barely usable at all, and in some scenarios completely...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify glitches when turning on shuffle with Spotify Connect

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceSamsung Galaxy 7, Denon AVR X-1200WOperating SystemAndroid 8.0.0Spotify Version: 8.7.8.1206 My Question or IssueI have this bug since the last update, of 28 february. Whenever I have connected my Denon X1200W AVR th...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device Samsung Galaxy 7, Denon AVR X-1200W Operating System Android 8.0.0 Spotify Version: 8.7.8.1206   My Question or Issue I have this bug s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    avr
    Denon
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcast video

PlanFreeCountry Device Sony Xperia 10 IIIOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI download the Joe Rogan podcast to listen/watch on my phone. It's been working fine and video was playing. However, for no reason, it just stopped playing video. It...

• Plan Free Country   Device  Sony Xperia 10 III Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I download the Joe Rogan podcast to listen/watch on my phone.  It's been w...
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution "Going For A Drive?" Notification

1) In the name of GOD, HOW DO I DISABLE THIS?!?!?!?!?!?! 2) The employee responsible for this needs to FIRED IMMEDIATELY!!!! (Preferably out of a canon) 3) Why on earth would you think it's a good idea to NAG your paying customers multiple times a da...

• Casual Listener
  • 1) In the name of GOD, HOW DO I DISABLE THIS?!?!?!?!?!?!   2) The employee responsible for this needs to FIRED IMMEDIATELY!!!! (Preferably out of a canon)   3) Why on earth would you th...
  • betomedrano
  • Casual Listener
  • 42 replies
  • 40 likes
  • I HATE Spotify
    Notifications
  • 42 replies
  • 40 likes

Incorrect model being picked up for "Listening on".

PlanPremium CountryUnited States DeviceZenFone 8 Operating SystemAndroid 12 My Question or IssueModel is being incorrectly detected on select Android devices, after a quick look it seems Spotify is pulling the device's model from https://android.goog...

• Regular
  • ...evices, after a quick look it seems Spotify is pulling the device's model from https://android.googlesource.com/platform/frameworks/base/+/master/core/java/android/os/Build.java   public static f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App crashes when i use voice search

PlanPremiumCountryUsaDeviceGalaxy A32 Operating SystemANDROID 11 My Question or IssueWhenever I say hey spotify or press the voice search button, the app closes right away. I've tried deleting cache, reinstalling etc nothing works. Any help will be a...

•   Plan Premium Country Usa Device Galaxy A32  Operating System ANDROID 11   My Question or Issue Whenever I say hey spotify or press the voice search button, the app close...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No puedo reproducir playlist descargadas

PlanPremiumPaísArgentinaDispositivoMoto G20Sistema operativoAndroid 11 Mi pregunta o problemaHola! hace tiempo descargue varias de mis playlists, pero cuando pongo modo offline o no tengo conexion no me deja reproducir y no entiendo cual es el proble...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium País Argentina Dispositivo Moto G20 Sistema operativo Android 11   Mi pregunta o problema Hola! hace tiempo descargue varias de mis playlists, pero cuando pongo modo offli...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Offline download
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Lyrics Not Appearing for me even with a new phone

I have upgraded to my phone from the S21 Ultra to the S22 Ultra. Notice that my lyrics are also no appearing on this phone. I would like a fix. Unable to work on my S21 now S22. Please anyone who can help me fix this problem... Ive tried clearing cac...

• Casual Listener
  • I have upgraded to my phone from the S21 Ultra to the S22 Ultra. Notice that my lyrics are also no appearing on this phone. I would like a fix. Unable to work on my S21 now S22. Please anyone who can...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • App & Features
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution adding Stations

Im suppose to be able to add stations with Scroll up or down to change the station.Tap (+) in the top-left corner to add a station.I cant see any + on the top-left corner because the app is "on the whole screeen". Looks like a background image and no...

• Regular
  • Im suppose to be able to add stations with  Scroll up or down to change the station. Tap (+) in the top-left corner to add a station. I cant see any + on the top-left corner becau...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes